• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Lightning

Banned
City's signings have been terrible this season. It's scary to think of how good City might be once Mancini gets fired.
Really think David Moyes would be great for City. With the budget and resource of a City it would be the next logical step. Chelsea would be the wrong step, don't get enough time with their crappy management.

Wilbur

Banned
:(

Athens 2007 was better

That night was brilliant too, don't get me wrong ;)

Really think David Moyes would be great for City. With the budget and resource of a City it would be the next logical step. Chelsea would be the wrong step, don't get enough time with their crappy management.

Nah, he'd be like a kid in a sweet shop like fucking Mark Hughes. Moyes will see Mourinho go to Chelsea, Pep take over from Fergie in a few years and Rafa get the job at City. He'll then climb to the top of the Tescos at Everton's proposed new stadium site and jump off lamenting the loss of Darron Gibson to Barcelona.

Why? Is he just not arsed in Russian football or is he not being used right?

He seemed to have problems adjusting to the tighter marking and more physical play in Russia compared to Portugal. He also has terrible chemistry with Kerzhakov(our main striker) and, in general, has been trying and failing to do too much on his own. Also I question his ability to perform in the colder weather and shitty pitches in Russia. I guess there's hope that during the winter break that something has changed but I doubt it.

ShogunX

Moyes would be great for City on FM....That's about as far as it goes.

He seemed to have problems adjusting to the tighter marking and more physical play in Russia compared to Portugal. He also has terrible chemistry with Kerzhakov(our main striker) and, in general, has been trying and failing to do too much on his own. Also I question his ability to perform in the colder weather and shitty pitches in Russia. I guess there's hope that during the winter break that something has changed but I doubt it.

I wonder what his wages are... 250k euros a week or something crazy like that?

jtb

Banned
I wonder if Wenger will ever go to PSG or Real Madrid when his contract is up. Didn't Madrid court Wenger back when the new era of Galacticos began before Mourinho won the CL and all that?

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder if Wenger will ever go to PSG or Real Madrid when his contract is up. Didn't Madrid court Wenger back when the new era of Galacticos began before Mourinho won the CL and all that?

I think he'll retire to be honest. Maybe PSG, maybe French national team, maybe Arsenal youth development but I can see all three being relatively unappealing to him. I don't think he'll leave, I don't think he'll get sacked.

Meier

Fair enough. But begging for an impossible-to-get player like DDR and forcing out Lescott so you can replace him with Savic or Natasic weren't the shrewdest of managerial decisions.

Anyone who has watched the team this year can tell you that Nastasic is better than Lescott. It isn't even close.

City's best chance at DDR was while Zeman was there.. now we're screwed. :(

Salvadora

I just can't see Wenger going anywhere. He has everything he wants at Arsenal and #basedGazidis has made it very clear they back him 100%,

I wonder what his wages are... 250k euros a week or something crazy like that?

Lol, it's not that crazy. It's around half of that at ~6.5 million euros a year. He's still our highest earner and is making more than double of Witsel (our other big money signing) though. Considering the low tax rate in Russia, Hulk is still making huge bank.

Meier

Lol, it's not that crazy. It's around half of that at ~6.5 million euros a year. He's still our highest earner and is making more than double of Witsel (our other big money signing) though. Considering the low tax rate in Russia, Hulk is still making huge bank.

Russia has a 10% flat tax, right? Something like that. Hulk is doing very well.

Wilbur

Banned
Shitty day overall. Going to watch Flight and then going to bed.

Denzel Washington is like third on the list of overrated black actors that everyone loves.

On the list of overrated white ones, Adam Sandler is first

obviously everyone on GAF hates Sandler, but I meant real life

Fry

Shit movie. When are you going to watch House of Cards??

I dunno, any day now. Now that I finally have Netflix, I've barely accessed it. Kind of out of time atm. I should have taken advantage of the extended weekend, but I totally forgot about the show.

Did you finish it? What did you think of it?

GolazoDan

I watched the first half an hour, Liverpool dominated. What the heck happened when I stopped. I can't even really take the piss anymore although, admittedly, I will have a very good attempt.

ShogunX

Denzel Washington is like third on the list of overrated black actors that everyone loves.

On the list of overrated white ones, Adam Sandler is first.

People actually rate Adam Sandler?

If Denzel is third who is in the top two? Morgan Freeman and Will Smith?

jtb

Banned
I dunno, any day now. Now that I finally have Netflix, I've barely accessed it. Kind of out of time atm. I should have taken advantage of the extended weekend, but I totally forgot about the show.

Did you finish it? What did you think of it?

I loved it. Writing's a bit hit and miss, but the acting's top notch, production values are ridiculous (every bit of that 100m is shoved on screen and it is glorious) and of course... it's got dat Fincher.

Fry

On the list of overrated white ones, Adam Sandler is first

obviously everyone on GAF hates Sandler, but I meant real life

Adam Sandler was cool while you were a kid, but then you grow up and realize what a hack he is. Jesus, I can't stand him.

I like Denzel. Flight looks like a good drama movie.

Fry

I loved it. Writing's a bit hit and miss, but the acting's top notch, production values are ridiculous (every bit of that 100m is shoved on screen and it is glorious) and of course... it's got dat Fincher.

Fuck Flight then. Going to see the pilot. :lol

Clegg

Oh my

5Pp1MGP.gif

Wilbur

Banned
People actually rate Adam Sandler?

If Denzel is third who is in the top two? Morgan Freeman and Will Smith?

Edited my post to say real life! Everyone I know fucking loves him. Plus his movies make bank.

And correct on Freeman and Smith as well. Freeman just plays the same fucking guy in everything. Smith is a curious one; because of his decision to obsess over the Box Office and only make the biggest movies of all time, he's stuck in this weird place,where he has been impossibly successful, but future generations who don't have the Fresh Prince nostalgia to make them feel warm toward him automatically are going to struggle to see what the fuss is all about, I think.

Top Bottom