• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wonder if AVB will make a move for him in the summer considering how interested he was.

No chance. He'd be too expensive, he's not very good and he's a twat. Not a Levy signing at all.

Lennon > Hulk

Salvadora

when was the last time a hyped brazilian player succeed (in a big club)? can't come up with one since ronaldinho

Oscar had a bit of hype previous to his arrival, right? Although obviously nowhere near the level of other Brazilians. Hulk was in Portugal so I expected he wouldn't be totally shit at the very least.

Daniel Taylor's written a really good piece ahead of the United game about how we should deal with Ronaldo.

Suggests Dortmund's idea of harrying Alonso is the best bet, stop the supply to Ronaldo. Apparently Klopp picked Götze for that role. Wonder if we will do the same, maybe with Rooney or Kagawa.

Wilbur

Banned
Daniel Taylor's written a really good piece ahead of the United game about how we should deal with Ronaldo.

Suggests Dortmund's idea of harrying Alonso is the best bet, stop the supply to Ronaldo. Apparently Klopp picked Götze for that role. Wonder if we will do the same, maybe with Rooney or Kagawa.

Rooney would do a far better job. Stick Rooney out wide when attacking and picking up Alonso when not, let Kagawa drift between the lines of midfield and attack and help out wide when Rooney comes inside.

Wilbur

Banned
Who do you think their targets for a top quality striker should be?

Hard to say really; for someone of such high quality they're going to need to spend a lot of money, but its arguably the only position where they're really lacking top quality (apart from RB). I'd put a cheeky bid for Benzema in if I were Spurs.

AVB before going to Chelsea was seen as the next Mourinho, now he's seen as just another average coach. Such a bad decision.

What? He's pretty much come out of the Chelsea situation looking trumps

Rooney would do a far better job. Stick Rooney out wide when attacking and picking up Alonso when not, let Kagawa drift between the lines of midfield and attack and help out wide when Rooney comes inside.
Well, not sure you can really do that. If he's meant to be pressuring Alonso he can't also be offering himself as an option out wide, has to be one or the other.

I'm not really sure how good Rooney is at that role anyway. There have been times when he has done it really well...but then there at times he loses focus - typical of his general inconsistencies I suppose.

I would like to see Rooney play out wide on the left, Welbeck on the right and perhaps Kagawa as a third midfielder. Not sure, Kagawa or Anderson...

K1LLER7

I'd say stick with 4-5-1

Go Kagawa on the left. Let Rooney drop on Alonso, Ando to help press the Madrid midfield. Carrick to sit back and help the defenders.

I'd take a 1-1

Wilbur

Banned
Well, not sure you can really do that. If he's meant to be pressuring Alonso he can't also be offering himself as an option out wide, has to be one or the other.

I'm not really sure how good Rooney is at that role anyway. There have been times when he has done it really well...but then there at times he loses focus - typical of his general inconsistencies I suppose.

I would like to see Rooney play out wide on the left, Welbeck on the right and perhaps Kagawa as a third midfielder. Not sure, Kagawa or Anderson...

Just a little shift I suppose. Nominally start as

Young - Carrick - Cleverley - Rooney/Kagawa
Rooney/Kagawa
RVP

Then when Madrid are in possession just drop Rooney into a midfield three and let Kagawa play where Rooney was before. Its all more complicated than it is in reality I suppose.

Don't think Anderson is a good idea, he hasn't looked up to it since coming back from injury just yet. Jones is another option but as Cox said on Football Weekly, we have to decide whether sacrificing Jones to cover Ronaldo/Alonso is worth it.

Meier

Schweinsteiger or Pirlo for Fantasy UCL? Or Kroos? I have 7m to spend.. don't really have much room to trim.

Pirlo's matchup seems to be more desirable but Celtic have surprised the entire UCL campaign so who knows.

Wilbur

Banned
Schweinsteiger or Pirlo for Fantasy UCL? Or Kroos? I have 7m to spend.. don't really have much room to trim.

Pirlo's matchup seems to be more desirable but Celtic have surprised the entire UCL campaign so who knows.

Well Pirlo's less likely to win you points (despite being the better player), so Schweini I suppose.

jtb

Banned
Yeah, but I don't see Tottenham winning the EPL in years (or any other title)

Well City or United weren't available and they're the only teams currently in the running for the league. Spurs could win EL, FA cup, and have a very good chance of beating Arsenal or Chelsea to a CL spot. Only one team gets to win the league... doesn't mean the other 19 managers are all failures.

Schweinsteiger. There's no way Arsenal don't concede, even at home.

bud

there's this girl in my class who has the biggest tits, and she's not trying to hide them either.

how do i talk her into letting me motorboat her?

Traditions are traditions, even in FM.

WPOscof.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
there's this girl in my class who has the biggest tits, and she's not trying to hide them either.

You walk up to her. Take her arm. Whisk her to Paris. Paris. Je'taime. You wine her. You dine her. She laughs as you slip cheddar in between your fingers and make shadow puppets. She smiles as you talk about the glow of the moon on the river.

She gasps as you penetrate her ass.

Wes

venison crêpe

Do the elbows touching routine whilst you practice your bowing.

Wes

venison crêpe
Nope. Mollie right?

It's ad break at the moment. I'll see if they say her name.

It's a pretty dull documentary though. There's nothing else on (Bundesliga Football Highlights on ITV4 - no thanks, I have standards) until the Costner film later.

RaGe_pt

No chance. He'd be too expensive, he's not very good and he's a twat. Not a Levy signing at all.

Lennon > Hulk

LOL that's not true at all. Hulk is amazing and, when he's fit, he's one of the best in the world. Infortunately he went to Zenit and playing in Russia is not the same as playing in other countries. He's having a hard time adapting to the country.

Yen

It's ad break at the moment. I'll see if they say her name.

It's a pretty dull documentary though. There's nothing else on (Bundesliga Football Highlights on ITV4 - no thanks, I have standards) until the Costner film later.

SPOILER ALERT: WW3 doesn't happen

Top Bottom