• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Salazar

What page number were you guys on WBAs first goal. (100ppp)

I wanna read the awesomeness.

RAWK said:
West Brom will get tons of credit for this but in all honesty, they deserve absolutely none. They did nothing but defend for eighty minutes, relying on a few fantastic saves from Ben Foster before making their first attempt on goal after eighty minutes and grabbing a goal from the resulting corner. It wasn't a tactical masterclass, it pure potluck. This sort of shithouse defensive opposition is what we had to deal with for years under Rafa and now it seems sides will do it to us again.

L9LMY8z.gif

Lightning

Banned
The WiiU isn't even getting Tiger Woods. This machine is going to have worse support than the Gamecube.
That will be sad if that turns out to be the case. Very sad. I am not warming to Bayonetta 2 being exclusive to the system though. Going to kill the franchise after such a promising first game.

Kyoufu

Only because platinum refused to follow through with it. The first game sold pretty well but ill be very surprised if the Wii U game sells.

Because Sega owned the IP and wouldn't fund the sequel until Nintendo came in.

So without Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2.

Lightning

Banned
Because Sega owned the IP and wouldn't fund the sequel until Nintendo came in.

So without Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2.
Either way, it's still killed it. This game won't sell and the name will mean nothing. Maybe it was dead anyway, it's definitely dead now.

Fry

Schweinsteiger. There's no way Arsenal don't concede, even at home.

I'm already feeling nervous about this match!

Just saw the pilot of House of Cards. Really liked it. Good cast, Kevin was great. Going to see one episode per day so it isn't over too fast.

Randdalf

Nintendo fucked up with the Wii U marketing though.. who thought that name was a good idea?

I think Nintendo still believe that the Wii brand still resonated with consumers. The U is just confusing though, I thought they'd have learned their lesson with the confusion over the 3DS. Off-screen TV play is such a revelation for me though, I played through most of NSMBU on the GamePad, it's just so convenient.

arkon

Either way, it's still killed it. This game won't sell and the name will mean nothing. Maybe it was dead anyway, it's definitely dead now.

At least it is going to exist in some tangible form for me to play it. That's far more preferable than not having it at all.

Zabojnik

Is anybody getting Game Of Thrones Season 2 on blu-ray? I'm about to order it from Amazon UK. Please let me know, if you got it cheaper somewhere else. :p

about to start Bioshock 2... anyone know what's the approximate length of the SP?

Some 12-15 hours if you don't rush through it, if I remember correctly.

Randdalf

I actually believe that it was a mistake to release the Wii U so early, for several reasons, though the biggest one is that the Wii was a success because it stood out amongst its console brethren in many different ways and actually made itself a cheaper, more viable alternative. I think that the Wii U will see a small spike in sales once PS4/720 release because it will be the cheaper one, and it also stands out as a different experience. Once more people are aware that this generation is over, and the next generation has begun, I think the Wii U will do fine though undoubtedly it won't replicate the Wii's success, I'm expecting GameCube levels of popularity. It's the current predicament it's in now that's troubling, but if Nintendo position it correctly over the next few months, they should find their own niche.

Lightning

Banned
At least it is going to exist in some tangible form for me to play it. That's far more preferable than not having it at all.
Of course. I'm glad the game exists, just wish it wasn't in this way.

Wii U will be perfectly fine. Nintendo 1st party support is fantastic, it's the only reason I buy Nintendo systems. For 3rd party games I use my Playstation 3 and 4 once it's released. PS4 I'll buy straight away but Wii U can wait until after Nintendo have released a lot of games since I don't buy 3rd party games on Nintendo systems.

arkon

I'm similar. I used to be a Nintendo console + PC gamer. Started to shift to PS2 for some third party stuff. Now I'll probably end up with Wii U and one other console. None of them at full price though.

Might even splash some cash on a gaming PC again, especially with some of the RPGs coming in 2013-4.

GorillaJu

I like Katy Perry's look. She looks like an above average white girl with great tits. Challenges the stupid idea that musicians have to be glamorous and perfect.

Kyoufu

I like Katy Perry's look. She looks like an above average white girl with great tits. Challenges the stupid idea that musicians have to be glamorous and perfect.

She comes across as glamorous and "perfect" to me.

The Paramore chick is someone who fits your description better IMO.

Zabojnik

I was considering it. Amazon price seems to be the norm.

Amazon it is, then. Didn't really like season 2 of GoT that much, but the S1 blu-rays were brilliant. Worth it for the commentaries alone. There are even more of those (12, I think) in the S2 boxset.

Ask any Korean what they think about musicians.

K-pop is not really music though.

K1LLER7

Evra has the perfect plan for Ronaldo

United full-back Patrice Evra agrees that a friendly, sentimental approach before the game might work better rather than goading Ronaldo in the way so many opponents have tried – and usually failed – over the years

“It will be emotional for Ronny because he loves Manchester United,” said Evra. “I hope the emotion gets to him. That will be perfect for us. He will be a tough opponent but we have to make sure we are friends off the pitch and enemies on it. We don’t have to wind him up before this game because, when he is angry, he is at his best. So let’s just be nice.

“We can say, ‘Welcome home Ronny. It’s so nice to have you back, we love you, you are the best player’. We can kill him with love!”

choodi

Banned
Cracked 100 points in the fantasy league this week! Woohoo!

The awesome thing is that I still have Michu and Davies to come in the Liverpool v Swansea match...and Michu is my captain!

Plus Liverpool are playing at home, which means an easy 0-2 win for Swansea!

K1LLER7

I think Ozil will be Madrid's main player. He'll open the defense easily unless Carrick's on his game. Hopefully United can grab an early goal. Also, RVP needs to find his accuracy again from corners and free kicks.

Fry

It'll be glorious to see:

-Ronaldo playing against his former team
-RvP possibly shitting all over Madrid's defence
-Ozil opening up United's shaky defence
-Both teams' amazing offense and questionable defence will be a nice clash

arkon

What game are you guys focusing on tomorrow? Gotta be Celtic vs Juve for me. I might flick over to the other game every now and then

K1LLER7

It'll be glorious to see:

-Ronaldo playing against his former team
-RvP possibly shitting all over Madrid's defence
-Ozil opening up United's shaky defence
-Both teams' amazing offense and questionable defence will be a nice clash
-Rooney putting in a great performance and being overhyped by the british media
-Kagawa turning up with his Dortmund form and opening up Madrid's shaky defence
-Evra, Best French player in the PL, continuing his goal scoring run
It'll be amazing

Top Bottom