• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

GolazoDan

Ronny. I'm sorry.

sorry_love_you.gif

Bo-Locks

Fergie knows he cannot and must not open up the fragile United defence by being too offensive. I expect a very conservative United side to try and lock Real out and try to one nil them on the counter, similar to how he has played other big CL ties in recent years, then be more adventurous at OT. I can't see it being a free for all.

Wilbur

Banned
Fergie knows he cannot and must not open up the fragile United defence by being too offensive. I expect a very conservative United side to try and lock Real out and try to one nil them on the counter, similar to how he has played other big CL ties in recent years, then be more adventurous at OT. I can't see it being a free for all.

Last time we played conservatively we let City do us at the Etihad. Not too conservative Frogson plz

google.com

Timerda - Man Utd's winger
Xhaquitar - BVB

Tue is celtic game and PSG vs Valencia

FUCK GOOGLE
I have my GAF broskis <3

I don't give Celtic much of a chance to advance against Juve so I'll watch PSG-Valencia. I wish though that Shakhtar-Dortmund wasn't at the same time as Real-United on Wednesday because I really want to watch both.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
It'll be glorious to see:

-Ronaldo playing against his former team
-RvP possibly shitting all over Madrid's defence
-Ozil opening up United's shaky defence
-Both teams' amazing offense and questionable defence will be a nice clash

awww..yeahhh...
i730d4bmkzs.gif

arkon

They'll setup similar to how they've played away against the other big teams in the PL. Listening to Sid Lowe on the Football Weekly podcast that also seems to be the way that other teams have tried to deal with Madrid. Don't give them the space and opportunity hit you on the counter.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't worry, we'll kill him with love :p

you going to pull a sickie on Wednesday?

Maybe. Need the money, its a ten hour shift and we're supposed to be partying after close for someone's birthday. Might do it. Or just skip this one and see if I can get the home tie off.

Fry

dante-wilshere_1668724a.jpg

I'm honestly scared of Arsenal. Walcott, Podolski and Cazorla pose such threats. I can see Bayern scoring first but the defending will have to be top notch not to fall into their trap. They are really amazing at comebacks.

MPW

The WiiU isn't even getting Tiger Woods. This machine is going to have worse support than the Gamecube.

picked a crappy name, should have been called wii 2 or super wii

also should have come out a year earlier, coming out too close to ps4 and xbox720 that will blow away wiiu graphics wise

Salvadora

I'm honestly scared of Arsenal. Walcott, Podolski and Cazorla pose such threats. I can see Bayern scoring first but the defending will have to be top notch not to fall into their trap. They are really amazing at comebacks.

Not sure if serious...

MPW

dante-wilshere_1668724a.jpg

lolwut?

I wish madrid got such an easy opponent

Fry

lolwut?

I wish madrid got such an easy opponent

Honestly, it's champions league knockout stage. I'll be scared of any team.

But Arsenal are much better than given credit for. And they'll probably give everything in these two matches.

K1LLER7

Looking forward to seeing how Wilshere does. If he's on his game, he could get Arsenal going....but then you still have dat defence with Bosscielny :p

GorillaJu

I think Arse has the ability to beat Bayern but not the mentality. It'd take an exceptionally good day for them to do a job and exceptional days don't come around too often for the Arse.

Salvadora

I think Arse has the ability to beat Bayern but not the mentality. It'd take an exceptionally good day for them to do a job and exceptional days don't come around too often for the Arse.

Even if we did it would be a marginal victory on one of the legs and we would be hammered on the next. We are as good as out.

GorillaJu

Even if we did it would be a marginal victory on one of the legs and we would be hammered on the next. We are as good as out.

It has the potential to be entertaining though. I'd love a good upset at this stage, especially with how bad the PL has looked this season. I'd rather Arsenal than United in the final.

faridmon

I don't know how true this is, but I read somewhere that Rooney and RVP alone earn more than our starting 11 players combined.

*La sigh*

Top Bottom