• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Salazar

The Mirror is outdoing itself

Pure speculation said:
Phil Jones is set to be handed mission impossible by Sir Alex Ferguson - keeping Cristiano Ronaldo quiet.

Manchester United boss Ferguson is priming Jones for a man-marking job on Ronaldo in tomorrow's Champions League tie away to Real Madrid.

He's barely played for us said:
With Darren Fletcher ruled out for the season with his ongoing bowel condition, Jones has emerged as United's key defensive midfield man in terms of nullifying the threat of dangerous opponents such as Ronaldo.

lols said:
Rafa Benitez last night told doubting Chelsea fans he could lead the club into a glorious future.

Eh said:
The Toon gaffer, dubbed Alan ‘DePardew’ following the influx of French talent, said: “It does excite me.

“You’d like to think with Gouffran on one side and Ben Arfa coming back on the other side and Moussa Sissoko – blimey that’s mouthwatering for us.”

emo Sturridge said:
"I’ve grown to handle it, but I hate losing.

"When I was younger I’d cry and get angry.

"The same emotions are there but I manage to keep them inside.

Florent MaLOLda said:
Florent Malouda has warned ‘petty’ Chelsea they will not succeed in their bid to ‘break’ him.

The Blues winger, 32, has been frozen out completely from the first team and is training with the kids.

But he has promised to lift the lid on the full story behind his exile when his contract runs out on June 30.

Malouda said: “If you are expelled for one year, it is a very, very long time. You must be armed mentally. All this has been done to break me mentally, but in reality, it motivates me a lot.

“I’m still a Chelsea player, so obviously I have a duty of confidentiality. I’ve respected that until now, so I’ll continue.

“The details I’ll explain when I’m free. The strategy is to make me look like a player looking for substantial compensation.

“It’s petty but more than anything else I smile because it shows how these people feel about me.”

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Madrid is going to light you guys up.

Fox soccer to go has a free trial this week! Meier and AA take advantage! I hate both teams but seeing Utd get crushed by a la liga 3rd place team would be amusing

Turok_TTZ

atm just wondering if anyone here has been paying to attention leverkusen in particular or bundesliga in general thats not bayern munich.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
shut up u annoying kid. don't annoy me.

I hope you guys beat Arsenal and draw Barça. Shit is gonna get real.
iby1h1G7MoeEIW_zps2ffeee62.gif

Turok_TTZ

You should have asked earlier when the Dortmund fans were here. The Bayern fans on GAF are not the most objective and unbiased around.
only reason im asking is madrid related but i will start rewatching the bundesliga soon anyways. always liked dortmund and bundesliga is very competitive.

when there dortmund fans? u mean they long since left or just not online?

FootballFan

its gonna be very hard against arse. like fry, i dont know if we will make it :

Arsenal are a very fun team to play against. I enjoyed even the games Barca lost against them.

Hopefully the games against Bayern will be good too. I think you guys are too good though. will probably win by 2 or more goals on aggregate.

Turok_TTZ

Is Benzema going to Deutschland?
nope but i do recall bayern keeping tabs on both benz and higuain. its really upto whats mou gonna do when the season is over.

actually word in madrid is that dani carvajal, since becoming a key player to leverkusen, is being seriously considered for getting called back to madrid to either back up or replace arbeloa. we are highly considering to trigger the buyback clause for 8-10 m euroes for him to come home.

i used to get info on him from a bundesliga fan but its been a long while since ive heard fron that fan. last time i heard carvajal was doing real well.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Pep will buy Falcao. He's good with both feet. I hope not because I won't be able to say fuck Bayern anymore.

I had the thought of kidnapping Falcao earlier today.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Talking about Godsco? He isn't even a midget, not the tallest guy around but he is 176(5'9 in your talk).

Anyways, how can you call anyone a midget lol.

2KPSZdE.jpg

Lol. I'm 5'9 1/2. I was clowning about being that short. Nice chart though. I'm actually one of the shortest in my family.

-no way Arnie is 5'7 lol

FootballFan

Tino Costa: "PSG can win, but we will win"

Haha. Lets hope he smacks in a left footed rocket against Ibra's nose.

Pep will buy Falcao. He's good with both feet. I hope not because I won't be able to say fuck Bayern anymore.

I had the thought of kidnapping Falcao earlier today.

You're still going to say Fuck Bayern even though Pep is there? :(

I'm part of the Fuck Dortmund crew. Join me, they get too much love around here like Juve does.

Lol. I'm 5'9 1/2. I was clowning about being that short. Nice chart though. I'm actually one of the shortest in my family.

Sure sure midget.

Time to bring Skrtel in for Agger. I don't care if him and Carra make a poor partnership, I'm fucking sick of Agger costing us a goal a game because he can't be bothered to man mark properly. Suarez needs a rest, he hasn't played this poorly since last February. Shelvey and Henderson simply didn't work in their positions, Enrique was diabolical.

2 fucking shots in 82 minutes, 1 was to win the corner they scored from, and we can't even withstand that minimal pressure. Absolute fucking joke. 5 managers in a row since Evans was sacked who don't have a fucking clue what to do when the opposition sits back. Not even annoyed Foster saved that penalty, looked like Suarez dived to win it.

I know he's quite young and its early, but Borini is frankly a bit rubbish at everything

edit: Juve aren't defensive, they just have the best defense in the world (bearing in mind how little pressure Bayern's back 4 is put under)

Into

Got 40 euros on Celtic - Juve ending 0-0, Juventus are a better team but they will be more careful and less offensive. Celtic will have the advantage of the home crowd but still knowing they do not want to concede that away goal. Both teams will be nervous

Cannot bet on Real and United, tough i think Real will win at home

Lightning

Banned
There's something missing with Liverpool. Against us and City you played a really well but against lower sides they seem to drop their performance to match the opposition. It's happened quite often.

Definitely a problem with Liverpool's defence. It cost you to draw against both us and City and today it caused you to lose. You've conceded 6 goals, a few of them crucial needless goals through individual mistakes, but overall Agger, Reina and Skerty have not really performed.

GorillaJu

I think we do need a new CB and LB. Even without Carra retiring we need a quality CB to challenge Skrtel and Agger for a starting spot, Carra leaving makes it doubly necessary. Rodgers obviously knew this when we invited Forren for a trial and have been linked with Fazio and De Vrij.

As for LB, Enrique is back-up quality.

Reina hasn't been top class for a few seasons now. He's going to get replaced one of these days. Maybe he'll find his form again for another team, but can't rely on him, as good as he is with distribution and passing.

Lightning

Banned
Swansea are gonna fuck us btw

7 points was the minimum from these 3 games, we've already failed that.
I very much doubt Swansea will win. Draw or Liverpool win would be my bet.

Mignolet would be the ideal keeper for Liverpool to try and get. I wouldn't mind him at arsenal, he's better than Szczesny but unfortunately we won't replace Szczesny.

scently

It's been the same game since FIFA 2008. Dat roster update

-congratulations to that Nigerian dude scently. That was an awesome match. I don't know if yall play Mexico or Uruguay, but if you do please beat them!

Thanks man. Will definitely beat Uruguay to make Suarez atone for the hand ball against Ghana.

GorillaJu

I very much doubt Swansea will win. Draw or Liverpool win would be my bet.

Mignolet would be the ideal keeper for Liverpool to try and get. I wouldn't mind him at arsenal, he's better than Szczesny but unfortunately we won't replace Szczesny.

Mig's a good keeper. Sunderland would pull our pants down over the price though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Got 40 euros on Celtic - Juve ending 0-0, Juventus are a better team but they will be more careful and less offensive. Celtic will have the advantage of the home crowd but still knowing they do not want to concede that away goal. Both teams will be nervous

Cannot bet on Real and United, tough i think Real will win at home
I don't think I ever saw us take a less offensive approach. I can see it ending 0-0 though because we have shit strikers, and Celtic know how to defend quite well.

Top Bottom