• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Clegg

Was anyone watching G Neville's analysis last night? He was saying its too early to compare Bale with Ronaldo/Messi. Neville said the player Bale is most similar to is Robben.

Mastadon

Banned
Just wrote out a whole post to this and lost it, really can't be fucked to do it again :lol, FUCK I was long.

Basically the gist of it was that I do think he should be given time - I think he should get at least another two seasons - but I wonder if in planning for the long term the Liverpool owners have gone for flavour of the month a tad. He's got a lot of admirable qualities but I just wonder if he's a winner.

Ferguson - admittedly a special case - had broken up the Old Firm and won a European trophy by the time he'd gone to United. Other young managers, Mourinho and AVB, had won domestically and continentally. I really like it there's a young British manager at a top club, but I'm just a little wary that he talks a better game than he's actually shown so far.

I think it's fair to say that AVB was a gamble though, especially with the stories being leaked from the Chelsea dressing room about his man management failings. I really like AVB and think he'll do wonders at Spurs, but I can see why they went for Rodgers over him.

I think he's doing great work personally. Individual errors and lapses of concentration are killing us.

Edit: Bale is immense but he's not on the level of Messi and Ronaldo, or even close to it. First and foremost he hasn't been at this level consistently at any point of his career. If he's still playing at this level in 12 months time, then fine, but until then he's in the category below with Suarez and RVP.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Was anyone watching G Neville's analysis last night? He was saying its too early to compare Bale with Ronaldo/Messi. Neville said the player Bale is most similar to is Robben.

He said those things just to spite me.

Fucking Robben. FUUUUCCCKK BAYERN

I love how we made Walcott and Bale look like Messi/Ronaldo.

We are so shit.

Pssh, we made Ben Arfa look like Zidane on the first day of the season.

Salazar

If he's still playing at this level in 12 months time, then fine

I'll still piss myself laughing at that stage.

Hilarious how people were/are on NevGOD's back about potential bias. Should be forced to listen to Pleat with his trailing off sentences and chronic nostalgia.

Juve win

FdnbmWW.jpg

Why wasn't I here earlier?

Kyoufu

Pssh, we made Ben Arfa look like Zidane on the first day of the season.

Ben Arfa is statistically the second best dribbler in Europe and the best dribbler in the Premier League.

The funny thing about that game was Vertonghen being benched and Van of Farts giving us a penalty before leaving the club.

Wilbur

Banned

He's completely right actually. Robben at Chelsea was a world beater, I was in awe watching him 2004/05.

Can't really choose between The Shield, Deadwood, Six Feet Under or Rome.

Got about two seasons in watching Six Feet Under on Sky Atlantic and loved it but just fell behind. Got it on DVD though.

Tc91

Yeah I saw that was good to see old clips of Robben in the PL.

fuck Bayern

choodi

Banned
Got about two seasons in watching Six Feet Under on Sky Atlantic and loved it but just fell behind. Got it on DVD though.

I definitely recommend watching it. Still the best final episode I have ever seen.

Edit: Also fucks with my head that the gay undertaker is Dexter

LTWheels

Shelvey should never had started last night. He's gone backwards since been sent off against United. He needs to be loaned out again. We should have played with our 'new formation' since buying Sturridge. Borini should have started in Sturridge's role. It allows Suarez to get more involved instead of looking isolated like earlier on in the season. It is also frightening how easily teams break through our midfield when Henderson is taken off.

Clegg

Millwall fans are so fucked.

They've been caught giving racist abuse to Diouf. A police report said they've noted 58 separate instances of abuse during the game.

They even have a video of a man in his 50s/60s roaring nigger, nigger, nigger at Diouf. In fact it was an entire section of the crowd chanting that but they only showed one mans face.

Other chants included black cunt, wop, nigger cunt and slave cunt. These fans are fucked. Throw the book at them.

Dibbz

Millwall fans are so fucked.

They've been caught giving racist abuse to Diouf. A police report said they've noted 58 separate instances of abuse during the game.

They even have a video of a man in his 50s/60s roaring nigger, nigger, nigger at Diouf. In fact it was an entire section of the crowd chanting that but they only showed one mans face.

Other chants included black cunt, wop, nigger cunt and slave cunt. These fans are fucked. Throw the book at them.

Pretty fucking disgusting. How people can sit beside these guys and not do anything is mind blowing. Clubs need to step shit up to monitor their fans.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
CELTIC plc have released the Interim Report for the six months to December 31, 2012.

Operational Highlights
• Progression to last 16 of the European Champions League.
• Currently top in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
• Continued participation in the Scottish Cup.
• Announcement of new shirt sponsorship deal with Magners commencing 1 July 2013.

Financial Highlights
• Turnover increased by 71.0% to £50.06m (2011: £29.27m).
• Operating expenses increased by 30.2% to £36.96m (2011: £28.39m).
• Profit from trading of £13.10m (2011: £0.88m).
• Profit on disposal of intangible assets £5.20m (2011: £3.15m).
• Profit before taxation of £14.94m (2011:£0.18m).
• Period end net bank debt of £0.13m (2011: £7.05m).
• Investment in football personnel of £4.65m (2011: £4.44m).

\o/

Wes

venison crêpe
"Inter Milan fined £12,900 by the Lega Serie A after racist chants were directed at AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli during a league match against Chievo."

How did this happen? Were the Inter fans at the game?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
noooo

Alex Pritchard is having a scan on his ankle after picking up an injury with Peterborough. Hope he's OK, I really want to see how he does at that level.

Wilbur

Banned
"Inter Milan fined £12,900 by the Lega Serie A after racist chants were directed at AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli during a league match against Chievo."

How did this happen? Were the Inter fans at the game?

Inter vs Chievo, Balotelli wasn't even playing

Wes

venison crêpe
I've taken substances that changed my physical shape in the past.

When I was a kid I ate a lot of cheese and now I'm almost 2 metres tall.

Berlusconi: "with great happiness, I say forza Inter."

I don't know what to say. I really don't know. Probably a random "cunt" will do.

Cunt.

Top Bottom