• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Best Pepe started training with the team today. FUCK. YES. It'll probably take another month before he's ready to play, but that's great news indeed. We need you, Speedy! I really hope we make it past Celtic, he deserves some CL time after the brilliant season he's had last year.

Simone-Pepe2.jpg

FOUR THREE THREE?

Kyoufu

Not much going on to say anything about the GK.

In other news:

Hungarian club Debrecen confirm their Champions League match against Liverpool was part of a match-fixing investigation.

dc89

Anecdote:

After seeing the Sky Footage today of that Liverpool V Debrecen game I knew it was iffy. But incredible, because it just looked like a fluff by the keeper.

Zaha isn't good enough.

We need to be signing players who have the potential to be the best in the world in their position.

Zaha hasn't got it in him.

Squad player.

And I've never seen him play either :D

He played when Palace beat you at Old Trafford and Ambrose smashed one into the top corner.

Kyoufu

#France XI to face #Germany tomorrow: Lloris - Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra - Cabaye, Matuidi - Sissoko, Valbuena, Ribery - Benzema

Clegg

I've never seen Ince play but it seems like he is much farther ahead in his development. Naturally given his age.

Zaha isn't good enough.

We need to be signing players who have the potential to be the best in the world in their position.

Zaha hasn't got it in him.

Squad player.

And I've never seen him play either :D
Players like Young, Valencia, Hernandez are never going to be the best in the world in their position. But we signed them anyway because Fergie obviously thought they could improve our team. He was right about Valencia and Chicha. Maybe he'll make improvements under our coaches. We'll just have to wait and see.

You mentioned the age gap between Zaha and Ince. Ince is 13 months older but has played significantly less than Zaha. Ince has 60 appearances for Blackpool while Zaha has made 112 for Palace. Ince looks the better player even though he's played less. Obviously our scouts see something in Zaha and feel he is worth the price. Arsenal felt the same way.

Bumhead

Banned
Zaha looked average :(

It's quite clear to see the difference between him and Ince. Zaha couldn't even control the ball and take on the left back at one point. Ince looks very good on the ball.

Zaha is the more exciting prospect, but I stand by my opinion that Ince would have been a better Premier League signing in the here and now. Zaha is a talent, no question, and whether or not he can justify a £15m price tag remains to be seen, but I think Ince would have been the more astute buy for any team wanting someone to step up to first team top flight football this or next season. I think he's a more complete player at present.

Players like Young, Valencia, Hernandez are never going to be the best in the world in their position. But we signed them anyway because Fergie obviously thought they could improve our team. He was right about Valencia and Chicha.

You mentioned the age gap between Zaha and Ince. Ince is 13 months older but has played significantly less than Zaha. Ince has 60 appearances for Blackpool while Zaha has made 112 for Palace. Ince looks the better player even though he's played less. Obviously our scouts see something in Zaha and feel he is worth the price. Arsenal felt the same way.
Hernandez is behind Rooney and RVP though.

We need a top top level wide player.

Maybe Zaha will be the one, but I have my doubts. We should sign Hamez. Or Bale.

Haven't seen enough of Moura to know if we truly missed out. Hazard seems solid and Sanchez average.

And also remind yourself the prices those guys went for.

Sanchez doesn't fit the Barca style, he's quite like Valencia; very direct, though he probably can use his left foot ;)

Carbonox

#France XI to face #Germany tomorrow: Lloris - Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra - Cabaye, Matuidi - Sissoko, Valbuena, Ribery - Benzema

PRAY4C/S

Seriously, any injuries and I'll take a shit on the French embassy's doorstep. Otherwise, Allez les Bleus!

I've just remembered, I have an old France national shirt in my closet. I IZ WEARING DAT TOMORROW.

I'm still stuck on the first book.

Not sure why, it just hasn't gripped me...maybe cos I've watched the show and know what will happen.

Clegg

Hernandez is behind Rooney and RVP though.

We need a top top level wide player.

Maybe Zaha will be the one, but I have my doubts. We should sign Hamez. Or Bale.

James would cost upwards of £25m though. And Bale would be a minimum of £40m.

I'd love us to sign either but it's not that realistic given the clubs current financial circumstances.

Top Bottom