• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yes.

Why selective memory wiping isn't a thing yet baffles me. There's a reason they haven't been able to master it, I was reading about it the other day, but I can't remember what it is.

men_in_black_movie_image_tommy_lee_jones_and_will_smith.jpg

Slizz

Haha didn't know Sweden are playing Argentina. Ibra vs Messi round 3.

Enjoy! :D

Damn I might have to watch that. So many good games at that time tomorrow.

England v. Brazil
Netherlands v. Italy
Sweden v. Argentina

Then a half hour later
France v. Germany.

Quote for new page.
I know, I'm being a moany pants.

But generally I think we need to be signing top talent when you're spending that much money on a young player. Last summer we signed Powell and Henriquez for £3m. That's the way to go about it IMO. £15m for Zaha is alot - he has to be really really good.

Anyways, I haven't seen him play and Fergie and co know better than me, but for now I'm sceptical.

Slizz

I know, I'm being a moany pants.

But generally I think we need to be signing top talent when you're spending that much money on a young player. Last summer we signed Powell and Henriquez for £3m. That's the way to go about it IMO. £15m for Zaha is alot - he has to be really really good.

Anyways, I haven't seen him play and Fergie and co know better than me, but for now I'm sceptical.

I'm excited for Gohan.... I think 1 solid midfield signing and a couple decent CB's in the summer and we will be good.

Tc91

Zaha is the more exciting prospect, but I stand by my opinion that Ince would have been a better Premier League signing in the here and now. Zaha is a talent, no question, and whether or not he can justify a £15m price tag remains to be seen, but I think Ince would have been the more astute buy for any team wanting someone to step up to first team top flight football this or next season. I think he's a more complete player at present.

Well that's promising atleast I don't watch much Championship football, catch the Football League show every now and again. Maybe I should watch some Palace games.

I agree about Ince, I was excited when we was linked with him but he looks destined for Liverpool.

Will Hughes is on another exciting youth player.

dc89

I'm still stuck on the first book.

Not sure why, it just hasn't gripped me...maybe cos I've watched the show and know what will happen.

I started reading book one after finishing season 1. Same with book 2. It's different In many places.

Yes.

Why selective memory wiping isn't a thing yet baffles me. There's a reason they haven't been able to master it, I was reading about it the other day, but I can't remember what it is.

I know that feel.

Haha didn't know Sweden are playing Argentina. Ibra vs Messi round 3.

Enjoy! :D

I mean to!

Yessss yessss yesssss

Dont highlight dc
MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I clicked without reading. Like I lost without reading.

The North remembers

That it does.

Is The Witcher 2 any good?

It's £7 on Steam but I'm hesitant.

Yup. Quality game. <333 brilliant in lots of ways.

Ni No Kuni - :'( So good.

It's magical and I'm only 1:45 hours in!!

Koko

Banned
#France XI to face #Germany tomorrow: Lloris - Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Evra - Cabaye, Matuidi - Sissoko, Valbuena, Ribery - Benzema

DAT Midfield, hopefully Capoue get some minutes also. Wait why is Sagna playing are Réveillère and Decuchy injured?

I'm excited for Gohan.... I think 1 solid midfield signing and a couple decent CB's in the summer and we will be good.
Yeah I really wanna see more of him!

Just can't see where we fit him in though lol. So stacked up front and it's not like the players are old either. RVP is the eldest at 29 and he can probably play on for another 2/3 years at least.

Carbonox

DAT Midfield, hopefully Capoue get some minutes also. Wait why is Sagna playing are Réveillère and Decuchy injured?

Debuchy's fine so I dunno why he's been dropped for Sagna.

Experimenting.

Sissoko will be playing behind Benzema like he did behind Cisse against Villa and Chelsea.

Sissoko playing behind Cisse has proven to be Pardew's only truly genius act this season where lineups are concerned. I never expected Sissoko to be played anywhere other than DM. It worked for Yaya Toure as well playing in a more advanced role and he just steamrolls bitches.

arkon

I still have the first one sitting unread on my Kindle.

I will get round to reading it one day. Maybe on my travels in the summer.

If you get sucked in, it can be so engrossing. Make sure you have somewhere to get the other books asap just in case you do.

Yeah I really wanna see more of him!

Just can't see where we fit him in though lol. So stacked up front and it's not like the players are old either. RVP is the eldest at 29 and he can probably play on for another 2/3 years at least.

Only way I see him getting into the first team squad, let alone the team, is if Welbeck ends up moving to the wing permanently.

Koko

Banned
Experimenting.

Sissoko will be playing behind Benzema like he did behind Cisse against Villa and Chelsea.

It's a friendly so I guess give Sagna a chance as he was injured for Euros.

Interesting, I also want to see to Gomis and Gonalons , it's amazing the talent that France has hopefully Deschamps can use it wisely

Carbonox

Interesting, I also want to see to Gomis and Gonalons , it's amazing the talent that France has hopefully Deschamps can use it wisely

Isn't he available on a free in the Summer? That's insane. I'd fucking love for Newcastle to get him but there will be a big queue for his signature no doubt.

L1NETT

How good is the Belgium Team (on paper)

Mignolet

Van Buyten
Vermaelen EDIT: Assistant Manager Linius swaps in Alderwiereld ;-)
Vertonghen
Kompany

Fellani
Witsel
Dembele
Defour

Hazard
Lukaku

(oh and Mirallas, Bentekerres and naididlgogoaanana)

Belgium are the new France.

Linius

Mignolet

Van Buyten
Vermaelen
Vertonghen
Kompany

Fellani
Witsel
Dembele
Defour

Hazard
Lukaku

You want to let Vermaelen play? Alderweireld > Vermaelen

ShogunX

Mignolet

Van Buyten
Vermaelen
Vertonghen
Kompany

Fellani
Witsel
Dembele
Defour

Hazard
Lukaku

Isn't that a back four consisting of centre backs?

Kyoufu

Mignolet

Van Buyten
Vermaelen EDIT: Assistant Manager Linius swaps in Alderwiereld ;-)
Vertonghen
Kompany

Fellani
Witsel
Dembele
Defour

Hazard
Lukaku

Replace Vermaelen with Aldereweirleeleldldlolold and Lukaku with Benteke and I'll give them a World Cup trophy myself.

Top Bottom