• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

FootballFan

I'm really excited about Neymar playing in Europe. It will be really interesting imo.

Soooo many people are saying he will flop, sooo many others are saying he will be one of the best players in the world.

Personally, I like him and think he is very talented. But I don't think he will be a future Ballon d'Or winner or anything like that.

Kyoufu

I'm really excited about Neymar playing in Europe. It will be really interesting imo.

Soooo many people are saying he will flop, sooo many others are saying he will be one of the best players in the world.

Personally, I like him and think he is very talented. But I don't think he will be a future Ballon d'Or winner or anything like that.

Messi still has more Ballon d'Or seasons in him (he's only 25 right?) but Neymar will be a force too. He's way too talented not to be. Especially if he signs for Barca.

Kyoufu

Thauvin scored for France U21 team. He's going to be one to look out for in the future.

Another French player Wenger wanted but he preferred to stay in France.

Arnie

It would help if he was actually played in his proper position.

C_71_article_1006965_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

FootballFan

Messi still has more Ballon d'Or seasons in him (he's only 25 right?) but Neymar will be a force too. He's way too talented not to be. Especially if he signs for Barca.

I guess so. I want Neymar to well wherever he goes except if it's Madrid.

I loved the earlier comment from Pulga, his reasons for hating Neymar because he is a show-boater

He has the guts to say it with a CR7 avatar :lol

arkon

I think you're forgetting how shit Bebe actually was.

Zaha was ok. Put in a decent shot. Other than that he was quiet.

It would help if he was actually played in his proper position.

Tactical Genius Stuart Pearce knows what he's doing.

sohois

I wonder why no other teams have been in for Ince, except for the likes of Reading and Swansea. I guess every team has pissed away money on overpriced young british wingers recently (Sinclair, Moses, Ox, Zaha?) but I would have thought at least Tottenham would make a move.

pulga

Banned
I guess so. I want Neymar to well wherever he goes except if it's Madrid.

I loved the earlier comment from Pulga, his reasons for hating Neymar because he is a show-boater

He has the guts to say it with a CR7 avatar :lol

Ronaldo doesn't do flair anymore, try harder. And back in the United days, when he did, defenders wouldn't pussy about with their hands on their hips.

Clegg

Ince looks like he's playing on the wing. Pearce made the right decision in sticking Zaha up front imo. Looks like he was trying to have his best players all on the pitch at the same time. Zaha looks a bit bulkier than Ince. Looks like he could deal with the physicality better than him.

I'd still like to see Zaha switching with Ince a bit more often though.

L1NETT

I wonder why no other teams have been in for Ince, except for the likes of Reading and Swansea. I guess every team has pissed away money on overpriced young british wingers recently (Sinclair, Moses, Ox, Zaha?) but I would have thought at least Tottenham would make a move.

Liverpool??

I fully expect Ince to go there in the Summer. I have said it before, but he is a far better player than Zaha.

Yes i know Liverpool, that's why I said other teams. I presume everyone just expects he's gonna go to Liverpool no matter what?

Ah right, sorry mate :/ I can't see him going anywhere else really, but if Swansea get Europe (highly unlikely!!!!) I could(ish) see him going there.

FootballFan

I can't wait for Grimaldo to make the first team.

Already had his debut for the senior team in the cup game against Espanyol at 15 :lol

And playing regularly for the u21 Spain side. 17 years old now, so it will probably take a while, especially with Alba there.

arkon

What's his contract situation like? Maybe clubs are waiting for the summer for a cheaper price on him?

sohois

Liverpool??

I fully expect Ince to go there in the Summer. I have said it before, but he is a far better player than Zaha.

Yes i know Liverpool, that's why I said other teams. I presume everyone just expects he's gonna go to Liverpool no matter what?

arkon said:
What's his contract situation like? Maybe clubs are waiting for the summer for a cheaper price on him?

Not sure of the situation except that Liverpool have a 35% sell on clause. Still the prices being quoted in the winter transfer window were cheap enough to expect some more interest, it was only £7-8million

Arnie

Ince looks like he's playing on the wing. Pearce made the right decision in sticking Zaha up front imo.

I'd still like to see Zaha switching with Ince a bit more often though.

I'd rather not see Ince's hat trick compromised by Wilfraud's lanky rawness.

Liverpool??

untitled-6adkzk.gif

Arnie

Transcript from my front room:

Friend: 'How much did United pay for that Zaha?'

Me: '15 million.'

Friend: 'FIFTEEN MILLION?! I thought it was like, 8.'

Me: 'Yes.'

pulga

Banned

Timurid

are we SERIOUSLY gonna talk about diving :lolololoololol

Did you miss the part where I said he normally pulled that shit off at United, when you decided to look for a video of Ronaldo pulling tricks off at United?

and that crap he pulled in the last one is the exception, not the norm. He rarely belts out tricks these days.

heh

FootballFan

are we SERIOUSLY gonna talk about diving :lolololoololol

Did you miss the part where I said he normally pulled that shit off at United, when you decided to look for a video of Ronaldo pulling tricks off at United?

and that crap he pulled in the last one is the exception, not the norm. He rarely belts out tricks these days.

:lol you're too easy Pulga. Anyways the first United vid was a response to your second sentence saying players didn't stand away away from him.

Cristiano is much better than Neymar.

The end.

When Neymar megged that dude with a header though. That's when I started to believe.

Clegg

Ince is gonna be Liverpool's best winger.

Zaha will be our worst.

We cool.

Don't think either can be judged until they've had a run in the Premier League.

At Championship level Ince looks the better player. That doesn't always translate at PL level though. Depends on the overall quality of your teammates too.

You could make a decent team mainly from our English guys

Johnson-------Kelly---Wisdom------Robinson

-----------Henderson
---------------------------Shelvey

----Sterling
--------------- Sturridge

We've only truly developed 3 and a half of them though

I've never seen Ince play but it seems like he is much farther ahead in his development. Naturally given his age.

Don't think either can be judged until they've had a run in the Premier League.

At Championship level Ince looks the better player. That doesn't always translate at PL level though. Depends on the overall quality of your teammates too.
Zaha isn't good enough.

We need to be signing players who have the potential to be the best in the world in their position.

Zaha hasn't got it in him.

Squad player.

And I've never seen him play either :D

sohois

Ince is gonna be Liverpool's best winger.

Zaha will be our worst.

We cool.

I still maintain that Assaidi is a good player, and it is baffling that he has been frozen out. Must be shit in training or something because every performance has been good.

Arnie

Shit, that little jaunt through Tumblr reminded me just how much Suso and Sterling have grown up over the last couple of years. Sterling looks like an overgrown baby in this...

tumblr_mg1amf656y1ri1wrwo1_500.jpg

Zabojnik

Best Pepe started training with the team today. FUCK. YES. It'll probably take another month before he's ready to play, but that's great news indeed. We need you, Speedy! I really hope we make it past Celtic, he deserves some CL time after the brilliant season he's had last year.

Simone-Pepe2.jpg

I still maintain that Assaidi is a good player, and it is baffling that he has been frozen out. Must be shit in training or something because every performance has been good.

Its been a weird one.

Played well in the Carling Cup and Europa League.

Frozen out

Played in one or two games, on bench

Injured

Frozen out

African Cup of Nations

Fuck knows

Tc91

Zaha looked average :(

It's quite clear to see the difference between him and Ince. Zaha couldn't even control the ball and take on the left back at one point. Ince looks very good on the ball.

Top Bottom