• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Arnie

hahahahahaha

Hendo to Shelvey and that's one of the worst misses I've ever seen.

Ince, Hendo, Shelvey linkup is nice, though.

Kyoufu

Well, we've not had the money, and the problem is, the moneybags buy all the players we've targeted.

SCREW MONEYBAGS.

FOOTBALL IS DEAD.

That's not true though.

Sissoko cost 1.8 million.

Yanga-Mbiwa cost 6.5 million. Both were Wenger's targets.

You have the money. You're one of the wealthiest clubs in England. You just don't spend it for some reason.

Your board stinks, basically.

Kyoufu

Worst miss of the season?

Didn't see it but...

1355257750059.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Boy's class. I'd start him over Walker as soon as possible because Walker's an overrated shithouse.

I don't know about shithouse but yeah, he's not pushed on from last season and without the protection of Kaboul and Parker (for the first half of the season) his limitations have been exposed.

He's still young though, he's a great athlete and I'm sure he will improve. All he has to do is work on his concentration and decision making in the final third. He's got his faults but most 22 year old defenders do, but he has a really high ceiling that I know he can reach if he keeps working hard. He's been better in recent weeks.

Smith will be great though, it's really good to have so many young English defenders on our books. Walker, Caulker, Rose, Smith, they are all great talents.

Lightning

Banned
That's not true though.

Sissoko cost 1.8 million.

Yanga-Mbiwa cost 6.5 million. Both were Wenger's targets.

You have the money. You're one of the wealthiest clubs in England. You just don't spend it for some reason.

Your board stinks, basically.
If you want top 4 or to win a title these players are not good enough.

The 2 players that we were in the hunt for early and failed to sign were Zaha and Capoue. Our Mbiwa interest was ridiculously late, know nothing of our Sissoko interest. It was the Capoue one that Wenger was moaning about after deadline day.

bjaelke

At least Gervinho's got the excuse it was kind of bobbling. I genuinely can't find an excuse for Shelvey; Henderson's ball was perfect.

I want to blame the pitch. I really do.

But that should've been a goal for Shelvey.

Kyoufu

So I see you've judged them already.

Quote from the last page:

It's possibly he could be but I wont be wow'ed after just 2 games. After say 5-10 games then make an assessment of him. After all, judging players too early can lead to wrong assertions being given as Giroud was labelled a flop, Arsenal's Andy Carroll by some Liverpool fans etc.. and now look at him.

If Sissoko is still bossing 5-6 games from now with consistent performances then he's something but not now.

The 2 players that we were in the hunt for early and failed to sign were Zaha and Capoue. Our Mbiwa interest was ridiculously late, know nothing of our Sissoko interest.

They are good for squad depth though, every title-winning team has had someone come in and do a job for them. The board are cunts, let's face it. They are too old and not willing to spend money on the targets Wenger wants.

IT FUCKING SUCKS.

Timurid

They are good for squad depth though, every title-winning team has had someone come in and do a job for them. The board are cunts, let's face it. They are too old and not willing to spend money on the targets Wenger wants.

IT FUCKING SUCKS.

That's why Wenger is coming to PSG!!

Lightning

Banned
So I see you've judged them already.

Quote from the last page:
I'm judging them on what they've done for their previous clubs. They didn't just fall from the sky, whether they're a success in the PL is still open but Sissoko has started great.

Arnie

I don't know about shithouse but yeah, he's not pushed on from last season and without the protection of Kaboul and Parker (for the first half of the season) his limitations have been exposed.

He's still young though, he's a great athlete and I'm sure he will improve. All he has to do is work on his concentration and decision making in the final third. He's got his faults but most 22 year old defenders do, but he has a really high ceiling that I know he can reach if he keeps working hard. He's been better in recent weeks.

Smith will be great though, it's really good to have so many young English defenders on our books. Walker, Caulker, Rose, Smith, they are all great talents.
I'm exaggerating.

Walker's alright, decent enough talent, potential to be immense in a few years. As it is though, and given how much he was hyped up over the last couple of years, I've got a semi-irrational dislike for the lad.

He opened the gym and 3G pitches by my house and whenever I go down the place is littered with Kyle Walker memorabilia I feel slightly sick.

Is Kelly injured at the moment?
Did his ACL at the start of the season, demanding 40K a week. Strange logic.

Goal for Jonjovetic, he's so boss.

Kyoufu

I'm judging them on what they've done for their previous clubs. They didn't just fall from the sky, whether they're a success in the PL is still open but Sissoko has started great.

Mbiwa captained Montpellier to the Ligue 1 title.

Guess where Giroud came from?

:lol :lol

Lightning

Banned

IT FUCKING SUCKS.
Depth is an issue but what we really lack is pure quality. Aside from Wilshere or Cazorla it's really hard to see anyone stepping up when we need it most. we have depth in defence but we lack the outstanding defender who can marshall the players around him. Vermaelen can't do it, Kos can't do it and Mertesacker can't do it so more depth is not what we need here, leadership and quality is what is required here. Mbiwa does not offer this, or he didn't for Montipellier anyway.

Mbiwa captained Montpellier to the Ligue 1 title.

Guess where Giroud came from?

:lol :lol
Giroud not good enough to lead us to any titles and look where Montpellier are now even wih Mbiwa? We've already got players, we're lacking a Tony Adams who can lead, marshall and organise a defense. Fuck I loved Tony Adams.

Wilbur

Banned
You're all little cunt babies.

KABOUTER. MEET ME ATOP THE MOUNTAIN AT DAWN. A HORSE, A HORSE, MY THREAD TITLE FOR A HORSE.

Yen

Martin? Yeah, think he's out for the season. Shame, he was just starting to show he was a competent attacking fullback.
He's better than Wisdom but Johnson is miles ahead of him. Though Ryan McLoughlin is going to be great.

Kyoufu

Depth is an issue but what we really lack is pure quality. Aside from Wilshere or Cazorla it's really hard to see anyone stepping up when we need it most. we have depth in defence but we lack the outstanding defender who can marshall the players around him. Vermaelen can't do it, Kos can't do it and Mertesacker can't do it so more depth is not what we need here, leadership and quality is what is required here. Mbiwa does not offer this, or he didn't for Montipellier anyway.

What the fuck :lol

He was their best player and captained them to their only Ligue 1 title in their history.

Lightning is the best. :lol

But...Mbwia was captain of Montipellier when they won the title last season as Kyofou stated.

WJD

Aye, if the injury doesn't affect his game he'll be a huge star, no doubt.

ACLs are dodgy, though. Really dodgy.

Especially when you're a fucking moron and don't rehabilitate it properly then go and do it again while carrying your girlfriend's suitcase down a set of stairs.

Personal experience.

TheLucifer, that can't be good right? Let's just hope it was a player called Milan.

Nope. That doesn't look good. Wondering who the fuck was this genius, but so far only Kakà comes to my mind seeing how much he used to run his last two years with us, and I honestly wouldn't bet on him.

I hope it was a second-tier player, like Jankulovski or Kaladze. Then I think about it and they don't even know what the verb "to run" means, so that wouldn't make sense.

Edit: apparently, it referred to a cycling team. I hope so.

Clegg

Cazorla is hardly a shining example of a player stepping up when Arsenal need it most.

He's had some stunning games only to turn invisible for the next few weeks.

Lightning

Banned
But...Mbwia was captain of Montipellier when they won the title last season as Kyofou stated.
Okay, lets just wait and see if Mbiwa marshalls Newcastle's defence. And everything since their title win has been crap for Montpellier I might add. They were a joke in the CL and they are not challenging for the title this year up until his departure.

Clegg

Lovely ball from Henderson and geat run from Ince.

Penalty for England.

Mc Eachran misses penalty and Ince scores the rebound.

Kyoufu

Okay, lets just wait and see if Mbiwa marshalls Newcastle's defence. And everything since their title win has been crap for Montpellier I might add. They were a joke in the CL and they are not challenging for the title this year up until his departure.

Because they sold their best players. Same with Lille after selling Cabaye and Hazard.

Arnie

Especially when you're a fucking moron and don't rehabilitate it properly then go and do it again while carrying your girlfriend's suitcase down a set of stairs.

Personal experience.

I've never had one but they scare the hell out of me.

Ince, Shelvey, Ince. Henderson making some worldie passes. Love the U21s.

Top Bottom