• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Meier

So if PSG keep the current score Valencia need to score three goals in the second leg shile not letting one single goal in? Yeah sure, you had a nice CL run Valencia, time to focus on La Liga to ensure a fourth spot on the table at least.

If Valencia win 2-0 at PSG, it goes to ET due to both having 2 Away goals. If Valencia get a 3rd and PSG score 1, Valencia would win due to Away goals despite the aggregate tie.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I fucking love GAF during heated/Champions League matches. Hahah <3

Dat Napoli bandwagon is about to fill up!
zuniga.jpg

So if PSG keep the current score Valencia need to score three goals in the second leg shile not letting one single goal in? Yeah sure, you had a nice CL run Valencia, time to focus on La Liga to ensure a fourth spot on the table at least.

Isn't it 2-0? If so, then they only need 2 to get it to extra time/pens.

Suen

If Valencia win 2-0, it goes to ET due to both having 2 Away goals. If Valencia get a 3rd and PSG score 1, Valencia would win due to Away goals.
Right, just as you said. I just meant to say if they want to win without prolonging it to ET!

VALENCIAAAAAAAA GOAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

FootballFan

Scottish league is crap, no surprise here really. Can't expect a team where Lustig is a starting player to beat Juve.

Lustig was really good, especially his crossing. I feel for Celtic and Ambrose, who had a really really bad game today.

ADIL RAMI!!! GOOOOAL 1-2! YES!!! Not over yet! :D

I don't think anyone is blaming the defeat on that. I just expected better from Juventus. I guess I was wrong to think they were one of the few classy Italian teams.

It hard to look good against a team that base their success on closing down and harassing.

Celtic got beat at their own game, no sympathy whatsoever.

I don't think anyone is blaming the defeat on that. I just expected better from Juventus. I guess I was wrong to think they were one of the few classy Italian teams.
Holding at corners is endemic in every league. Lichtsteiner is a grade-A cunt, and deserved his yellow card. Juventus committed no dangerous tackles, hauled down no players in the box, haven't dived, haven't whined, haven't handballed, haven't scored an offside goal... haven't done anything except hug and hold at dead balls. Which Celtic were also doing.

No, holding is not classy, but some of the posts here would make you think they had Henry and Suarez playing on the line batting away shot after shot with their hands. A lot of people are betraying themselves.

Paracelsus

Why would Juventus waste energy when it gets AS Roma on Saturday? Have Celtic keep the ball (they aren't used to it) and take them down when they choke. It worked.

Clegg

Lichtsteiner wasn't just tugging on a jersey though. He's pulling a player all over the 6 yard box.

Then he falls down after pushing someone else because he knows he fucked up.

Meier

NOOOOO, I knew I should have swapped in RVP for Zlatan before this round. Son of a bitch! PSG has absolutely crushed me in the past few minutes.

-1 for Ibra now. Fuck life.

Top Bottom