• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

arkon

Good away performance from Juve. 3 away goals and a clean sheet. It's gonna need a massive collapse in the second leg for them not to go through

Clegg

Juve can probably play the exact same way against many teams away from home though.

Their defending is really top class and they are good on the counter.

There were still a handful of decent half chances for Celtic though. A more clinical team could have scored a couple against them.

Into

Good away performance from Juve. 3 away goals and a clean sheet. It's gonna need a massive collapse in the second leg for them not to go through

Yeah, it would require the Milan - Deportivo a couple of years back sort of performance to get Celtic through, something like that rarely happens

I forget what year it was, but i remember Milan winning at home 3-0 then losing 4-0 in Spain

Zabojnik

Decent performance from Juve. They won easy enough but Celtic still managed to threaten on a number of occasions.

Based solely on this performance Juventus won't be winning the CL this year. They'll need to play as least twice as well for that.

Twice as well? Dunno about that, but once we get our best form back, Chiellini and Asamoah ... We can certainly do better.

FootballFan

Thiago Silva will be back for the return leg and Levezzi and Menez upfront and Chantome in the middle. PSG will be fine.

edit If Lucas is on the same form as he was tonight G motherfucking G!

You realise Lucas was up against Guardado lol. He is a winger playing at left back. Same would happen if Tello or Pedro were playing there for Barca.

Though Silva being back will make it tough.

Still at least this game is still up for grabs unlike the Juve Celtic one.

Zlatan can't score important goals in important games so he went on to get suspended in them to not rule his goal ratio, only seems fair.

His genius continues.

jtb

Banned
Yeah, it would require the Milan - Deportivo a couple of years back sort of performance to get Celtic through, something like that rarely happens

I forget what year it was, but i remember Milan winning at home 3-0 then losing 4-0 in Spain

This was the away leg though. It's over.

Danish reporter says while Zlatan just went into the dressing room quietly, she has never seen Ancelotti that furious and he was screaming in the Italian refs face in the player tunnel together with some PSG players. :lol

I smell some bans coming.

Clegg

Twice as well? Dunno about that, but once we get our best form back, Chiellini and Asamoah ... We can certainly do better.

I thought you were a bit loose in the first half. That would be punished by a better side than Celtic.

I don't mean to disrespect Celtic's efforts either. I just think a more composed side could have done a better job.

Meier

Thought maybe I could sub Zlatan but it turns out that you can't make a sub if the person has been sent off. Damn you, Ibra!

Zabojnik

I thought you were a bit loose in the first half. That would be punished by a better side than Celtic.

A better side than Celtic wouldn't have used 85% of their energy in the first half. Then again, it was what they had to do. It didn't work. Case closed.

Clegg

I'm not one for being controversial but is there such a thing as an Italian team that isn't cheating scum?

I went overboard in my condemnation of Juventus. There were a few moments where Juve walked the fine line and Lichtsteiner imo was lucky not to be sent off.

But they didn't really cheat.

Tc91

Gonna treat myself to a cheeky bet for tomorrow's games.

I was thinking - Real to win and over 2.5 goals. Dortmund to win and maybe Rooney to score in 90 minutes.

Good or not? Give me some tips. #wiiumoney.

pulga

Banned
Decent performance from Juve. They won easy enough but Celtic still managed to threaten on a number of occasions.

Based solely on this performance Juventus won't be winning the CL this year. They'll need to play as least twice as well for that.

lol, why are you so salty today? How do you even quantify whatever youre saying? And you're basing it on this performance today? At least wait until we have all our starters back.

Madrid will trash you fools tomorrow.

Suen

untitled-5enjuc.gif

lol, that flop.
Wow I completely missed this, world-class right there. So based on Juve's current victory we can confirm that Juve > Celtic > Barca :)

ShogunX

Yes, Napoli. It's why Andres and I go for them. Cavani will lead AntiJuve to glory.

Napoli have some of the worst fans in football. Scum is an understatement when it comes to that club.

Anyway Celtic ran their bollocks off tonight but you can only get so far with a couple of championship quality players in the team.

Timurid

lol, why are you so salty today? How do you even quantify whatever youre saying? And you're basing it on this performance today? At least wait until we have all our starters back.

Madrid will trash you fools tomorrow.

I want to see Madrid vs Juve

Trash vs scum.

Didn't they sell Willian to your boys?

Bundesliga is over because Bayern cheats. Dortmund only have Champions League left

First of all, Anzhi are most definitely not my boys. Secondly, Shakhtar will be perfectly fine without Willian. Losing say, Fernandinho would have been a much bigger loss. Taison will be fine as a Willian replacement.

Wes

venison crêpe
Going from one display of mindless violence to another. Apparently they found that ex-cop in some woods and there's a gunfight underway.

Top Bottom