• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Love this gif :lol

That GIF is actually from after a celtic game. They turned back to the studio after the match and it seemed like they were all high, Schmeichel was seriously crying from laughter.

N9vTUgR.jpg

:lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Anzhi is a club that didn't even exist when I was born so they're nobody's rival. Obviously with their new oil money they are a completely different entity and have a chance to win the league/qualify for CL.

Spartak is the most popular team in Russia and yes we do dislike them. When I started following the league, Spartak was in the middle of a 9 league titles in 10 seasons run. But they haven't won shit since.

As for how to pronounce Makhachkala, this is close enough.

Thanks. Sounds awesome

Suen

Winning 1-2 away is not fucking up.Cat's in the bag.
But it is. I'm not saying PSG has no chance of winning at home but letting in a goal and having Zlatan, the top scorer in the current season in France, sent off in just one minute is a pretty big fuck-up. This is especially true when you consider what a massive advantage they would otherwise had in the second leg: two away goals, Zlatan there with other key players and Silva most likely being back.

Edit: So for people who watched the Valencia - PSG game, was that red card deserved?

Salazar

Madrid will beat us tomorrow I think.

Reasonable to think so.

We need both wings working. We're going to swing right a hell of a lot, obviously, but I feel like we will do particularly little in attack if we don't spread the ball with a bit of contrast and unpredictability, even.

Not terribly scared of Madrid, though.

confuziz

Banned
But it is. I'm not saying PSG has no chance of winning at home but letting in a goal and having Zlatan, the top scorer in the current season in France, sent off in just one minute is a pretty big fuck-up. This is especially true when you consider what a massive advantage they would have otherwise had in the second leg. Two away goals, Zlatan there with other key players and Silva most likely being back.

Edit: So for people who watched the Valencia - PSG game, was that red card deserved?

He made 2 yellow card fouls in half a second =P

Zabojnik

Edwin van der Sar ‏@vdsar1970
Great to see the same "grinta" with Antonio Conte as coach with #juventus as when I played with him 99-01 in Turin!! #grandecapitano

Oh, Edwin. If only you did play like you apparently knew how to in those two years. :/ Thanks anyway!

Clegg

I wonder if Jones will play tomorrow. He's done good jobs in marking Bale and Fellaini. Ronaldo is a different proposition though.

Right now I'm thinking he won't start and we'll have Valencia starting on the wing but doubling as an auxiliary wing back to help Rafael.

Suen

Madrid-gaf, when will the line up be revealed for the game tomorrow?

Feel pretty excited and nervous at the same time about tomorrow's game :/

FootballFan

Seriously, how did you lose to them?

Barca can't do what Juve can(change tactics). It will always be 4-3-3/3-4-3, possession and attacking football.

Juve were smart and instead of letting Celtic use their ability of counter attacks, Juve waited and let them control the ball(which Celtic aren't great at).

There's no one at Celtic who can really open up a defense against a big team like Barca/Juve. They need the counter against those teams but Juve didn't let it happen seeing as they were the team countering/doing high balls.

I wonder if Jones will play tomorrow. He's done good jobs in marking Bale and Fellaini. Ronaldo is a different proposition though.

Right now I'm thinking he won't start and we'll have Valencia starting on the wing but doubling as an auxiliary wing back to help Rafael.

I hope not. I think possession will be needed. Have faith in Rafa.

Suen

Both teams should be released between 6.30 and 7.00pm GMT

Also very nervous but excited :)
Thanks! Yeah hopefully it will be a great match. La Liga is pretty much over for Madrid, the only thing we can do now is to make sure we qualify for the next CL season which only leaves Copa Del Rey and CL left and the latter take much more priority and puts much more pressure. I keep thinking if Madrid will fuck it up like they've done in some La Liga games this season but then we do tend to do much better in CL. Still it doesn't change the fact that Manchester United is a great team not to mention they seem to be doing great this season which makes me pretty nervous, you guys are tough opponents.

:lol

Milan have a chance but I'm pretty confident we will win both games or tie one and win the other.

I always had the impression that current Milan's defense is basically dead. If Barca kick them out this CL too...that will hurt pretty bad lol.

K1LLER7

Got a feeling United will drop back and look to counter tomorrow. Similar to what Dortmund did against them. The main difference is we haven't got the same pace when countering. Grabbing an early goal would be perfect.

Messi

PSG were 11/5 to win? Wow, that seemed like a no brainer.

Now it does, but before the game Celtic could beat the world.
Edit: I did a dc and I didnt read the full line. PSG being 11/5 is madness against valencia.

New Brazil away kit, is simple but classy.

brazil-2013-nike-away-football-shirt.jpg

Top Bottom