• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Randdalf

Got a feeling United will drop back and look to counter tomorrow. Similar to what Dortmund did against them. The main difference is we haven't got the same pace when countering. Grabbing an early goal would be perfect.

I think United will be undone if they try to play the same tactics they did against Tottenham and Everton, effectively doubling up on each team's respective best player. Mourinho saw them play that way at the weekend and will undoubtedly have a plan to counter it. Obviously United are going to need to be clever with how they deal with Ronaldo, but simply playing Phil Jones as a "false midfielder" will give Madrid too much space in the middle which is also one of United's weakest areas. I think Ferguson will deploy Rooney in a role where he can harass their midfield and help cover for the central midfielders being pulled out wide.

K1LLER7

Was watching Revista and they were saying it would be better for United to drop back and not give Madrid the chance to counter.

The Madrid predicted lineup:

---------------- Lopez -----------------

Arbeloa - Ramos - Pepe - Coentrao

---------- Alonso - Khedira --------

---- Di Maria --- Ozil --- Ronaldo ----

-------------- Benzema ---------------

Same team that beat Barca at the Nou Camp

K1LLER7

I think United will be undone if they try to play the same tactics they did against Tottenham and Everton, effectively doubling up on each team's respective best player. Mourinho saw them play that way at the weekend and will undoubtedly have a plan to counter it. Obviously United are going to need to be clever with how they deal with Ronaldo, but simply playing Phil Jones as a "false midfielder" will give Madrid too much space in the middle which is also one of United's weakest areas. I think Ferguson will deploy Rooney in a role where he can harass their midfield and help cover for the central midfielders being pulled out wide.

I don't think Jones will play. I'd prefer Ando and Carrick together. Cleverly fails to track back when needed at times. Also, Ando having more strength and pace could help in any counter-attacks.

Zabojnik

roccolotr.png

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Except the result that was pretty fun. Loved the gamesmanship from Juve and the back and forth between the fans. I learned a new word! Vaffanculo :lol

If we'd taken our chances in the first half things might've been different. If we didn't play a player who'd just arrived this morning from the AFCON final things might've been different. Lenny needs to hold his hands up for that one.

Don't buy the 'We're not used to having possession' talk in here. Are you guys forgetting the league we play in? Picking out packed, 11 men defences is Celtic's bread and butter. It's why a side like Spartak were a walkover at Celtic Park, and with a bit more clinical shooting some of those 20+ shots tonight would've done the same to Juve. But we didn't and that left us open to being outclassed, which you just can't do against Juve.

Met some Juve fans at the train station. Really nice guys, though you would be if you just won by that margin. :lol Great turnout too, some real dedication. I liked the Mexican wave kind of thing they did as well.

Btw, the Champions League really is a special competition. It's like theatre, and the fact it's all a one-off makes it. I'd take a crack at this every year (even the qualifiers) over playing in any league in Europe.

Zabojnik

Except the result that was pretty fun. Loved the gamesmanship from Juve and the back and forth between the fans. I learned a new word! Vaffanculo :lol

If we'd taken our chances in the first half things might've been different. If we didn't play a player who'd just arrived this morning from the AFCON final things might've been different. Lenny needs to hold his hands up for that one.

Don't buy the 'We're not used to having possession' talk in here. Are you guys forgetting the league we play in? Picking out packed, 11 men defences is Celtic's bread and butter. It's why a side like Spartak were a walkover at Celtic Park, and with a bit more clinical shooting some of those 20+ shots tonight would've done the same to Juve. But we didn't and that left us open to being outclassed, which you just can't do against Juve.

Met some Juve fans at the train station. Really nice guys, though you would be if you just won by that margin. :lol Great turnout too, some real dedication. I liked the Mexican wave kind of thing they did as well.

Btw, the Champions League really is a special competition. It's like theatre, and the fact it's all a one-off makes it. I'd take a crack at this every year (even the qualifiers) over playing in any league in Europe.

Bought.

celticsciarpa.png

Recoba still plays? :eek:

At least hes not a Brondby cunt, amirite ;)

The worst kind of cunt. Them not going bankrupt quite yet this month made me genuinely sad, it will be a day of celebration, fuck their players, fuck their management, fuck their supporters, tear down the stadium and make their pitch a dog park so we can shit on their graves. Can't happen soon enough.

Salvadora

It works out win-win for me. The fallout if United go through... seeing the mental gymnastics performed by the likes of confuziz. Potentially brilliant.

Ehhh I don't know if there will be much fallout if they do. Madrid are not what they once were, so it wouldn't surprise. I'll hate nonetheless though.

Top Bottom