• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

GorillaJu

I for one think United have every chance of winning this fixture, which is why I'm annoyed by silly "uhh were gonna get crushed!" pre-match damage control.

You're going to get run over in midfield just like you did vs Southampton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Fulham, Tottenham, Liverpool, Norwich, Swansea, Everton, etc.

But the technique and efficiency of United's play in the attacking third will give them all the chances they need for RVP or Rooney to come up with something as unlikely as it is brilliant and draw or win the game.

pappe

Its too close to call. Yes we have a very good chance to score considering our attack, but our defense is waaayyyy too crappy atm, I dont think we will be able to contain Real for 90 mins. But 1 thing is for sure its not gonna be a demolition of either team. The tie will be quite alive for the next leg. Crucial for us to get atleast 1 away goal and keep them from scoring more than 2. I think that result will be as good as a draw for us. If we get 2 and they score 3 I think we would be in the driving seat. Real are good but Utd at home are a totally different proposition.

Salazar

I for one think United have every chance of winning this fixture, which is why I'm annoyed by silly "uhh were gonna get crushed!" pre-match damage control.

You're going to get run over in midfield just like you did vs Southampton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Fulham, Tottenham, Liverpool, Norwich, Swansea, Everton, etc.

But the technique and efficiency of United's play in the attacking third will give them all the chances they need for RVP or Rooney to come up with something as unlikely as it is brilliant and draw or win the game.

We're on more or less the same page, worryingly.

I think you overstate the degree of our midfield capitulation/vacuum. I don't really accept the idea that we are, as a uniform condition of our play, gash in two thirds of the pitch but adequately sensational in the final third.

I mean, there are still people out there alleging that United's play consists in its entirety of unimaginatively banging it wide, banging it into the box, and RVP banging it in. I fucking wish we had that system working as smoothly as folks seem to think we do.

I think we will probably get pumped a little bit in midfield but even that's not an inevitability. I would naturally expect goals we score to come on the break or from a corner/set-piece, but we can create. Likewise, I would expect Madrid to be apt to hurt us most when we over-commit. I don't remotely think they'll camp in our half like dominant PL performances against us. Which should prevent panic from setting in, at least.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
891KAfD.png

Carlos Vela is your best player. Sup with that pendejo?

I don't mean you I mean that guy lol

FootballFan

I hate that "we will lose" pre-match excuse from any big team fans. Not just GAF, other sites and in real life too of course.

Juve fans seem to do it the most, they usually think they will lose against Pascara because Asamoah is injured. When in reality their 2nd team can beat them.

I just find it annoying. It makes the post match shit talking boring. "we already knew we would lose" is a great excuse to stop the 'banter'.

Maybe that's just me, but that is how I feel. Granada, Valencia, Osasuna, Malaga, Espanyol, Celta Vigo, Betis, Sevilla etc can all hold Madrid but Man U can't? Hah.

GLORY GLORY UNITED, SAF will take a dump all over that toilet seat that is the Bernabeu stadium.

Blablurn

okay, changed it a bit. cheeky 5€ on win madrid and over 1.5 goals in the game and win dortmund + over 1.5 goals in the game. lets see.

Salazar

I feel like we're going to need gifs.

I mean, it could be a cagey game.

It could.

But you have to expect extreme violence, insane skill, acute controversy,
ClevGOD volley from 25 yards

Zabojnik

I hate that "we will lose" pre-match excuse from any big team fans. Not just GAF, other sites and in real life too of course.

Juve fans seem to do it the most, they usually think they will lose against Pascara because Asamoah is injured. When in reality their 2nd team can beat them.

I just find it annoying. It makes the post match shit talking boring. "we already knew we would lose" is a great excuse to stop the 'banter'.

Again with this? -_-

The BVB - Donetsk match could go either way. They are very good but on the other side, they haven't played proper football for like 2 or 3 months?

I have no idea how it ends, would be cool with a 2-1 or 3-2 for Donetsk. A draw would be perfect.

Lol that's it? I almost want Madrid to destroy you tomorrow

Honestly Andres, I love you like a brother*, but you're chatting shit here

*the kind of brother who was caught in relations with an animal, and lives in the basement eating table-scraps as he can't be trusted with the pets or outside the house.

Lightning

Banned
The BVB - Donetsk match could go either way. They are very good but on the other side, they haven't played proper football for like 2 or 3 months?

I have no idea how it ends, would be cool with a 2-1 or 3-2 for Donetsk. A draw would be perfect.
Have a bit of faith that you can win! Dortmund beat Madrid you can beat any team in the world on any ground. Some days won't be yours but you should always have confidence as your squad deserves it.

Make sure you score. 0-0 will be a terrible result. 1-0 even worse.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Honestly Andres, I love you like a brother*, but you're chatting shit here

*the kind of brother who was caught in relations with an animal, and lives in the basement eating table-scraps as he can't be trusted with the pets or outside the house.

I'm genuinely curious who will you cheer for tomorrow?

*today

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Götze, Lewandoski, Reus? We're going to win easy baby. Of course I'm foreign so I see it differently but our team is Barça level. Get that in your head

Shakhtar looked pretty crisp when Zenit played them in a friendly 2 weeks ago. They were easily the better team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know but it looks like we countered fire with fire? Or rather, fire with Lichtsteiner. :lol

Handing the ball to counter attacking sides is vintage Conte. We don't care about the possession stats like Barcelona, Celtic shoved that up their pretentious cunts.

FootballFan

I don't know but it looks like we countered fire with fire? Or rather, fire with Lichtsteiner. :lol

Handing the ball to counter attacking sides is vintage Conte. We don't care about the possession stats like Barcelona, Celtic shoved that up their pretentious cunts.

True. I mentioned that earlier.

Random ass brand stats:

pappe

I dont think we are gonna struggle in the Midfield against Real as much as we all expect. We normally struggle against teams who have brute force in the center. Real obviously lack that and so i think Carrick and Clevgod can do the job of stopping Ozil and Alonso. Rooney or kagawa's workrate will also be helpful.

As for attacking, I think we can forget attacking from the right wing as both Valencia and Rafael will have their hands full. Valencia has been shit anyways. Our major attacks will come from the left and center with Rooney and Kagawa interchanging duties often with Evra supporting them and they will be up against Arbeloa and Di Maria? The workrate of Clevgod will be crucial along with Carrick who has always been our most important player.

Of course all that goes out the window if Ronaldo decides to go into God mode.

RaGe_pt

<3 is James ok? We just need to strengthen our defense.

James is fit for Malaga but probably only for the second leg. Jackson is ready though to keep scoring! Mangala and Otamendi are doing well on defense, last game was a disgrace but mistakes happen sometimes. I trust them :)

Top Bottom