• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

GorillaJu

Honestly couldn't give a shit who is a cunt or not so long as it doesn't relate to football (gaining an advantage through PEDs or some such thing). If Evra cheated on his wife that's his problem to deal with.

I don't even want to try and imagine how many footballers have cheated on their wives. It'd be a depressing figure, made more depressing by the fact that they probably married sweet, loving women in the first place.

Hixx

What won't happen tonight:

Both Real and Man United score
Dortmund win

I have money on both. So neither will happen. Sorry.

Salazar

Picture on this page links to Bild, no?

All the prime tabloid filth claim to be first with it, naturally. Bild does, the Sun does.

United fans who think they get bullied by teams who just push and shove are IMO, trying to find an excuse for complacency and poor awareness because in an ideal world, physical bullying is the "wrong" way to play football. They got outplayed by their piss-easy CL group last year and it was because they were caught with their pants down with their little red peckers up their own asses just like City did (and this year as well), not because the opponents bullied them into the grass.

I dunno any United fans here, or elsewhere really, who believe or assert this. We got the piss taken out of us by Fellaini, Jason Roberts leant all over Evans to stunning effect, and DeGOD struggles a bit with a crowded box.

I can't remember any squealing on our part about being physically bullied; I think we typically lack height and muscle in CM, but that's a relatively longstanding fact not a fucking protestation.

The things we whinge about are:

a) utter non-aggression on the wings
b) defending ridiculously deep
c) not closing down wide threats or players advancing on the box
d) fullbacks (Evra) drifting too far inside and leaving too much space for even sub-par wingers
e) hoofball
f) needlessly chipped passes in dangerous areas
g) lack of defensive cover offered by ageing midfield options
h) positional naivety in CM
i) fucking useless crosses: into the stands, lofted like a fucking soft toy, or drilled into the nearest defender
j) Welberg having a positively fucking Buddhist attitude towards finishing

and so on.

If any club's fans have been notably whinging about opposition physicality, I'm afraid it has to be goobers in Liverpool's support :p

GorillaJu

Well in Liverpool's case it's true but I won't pretend it's because teams can't handle us in a non-physical game, it's because we've got midfielders with the physique of 14 year olds.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lichtsteiner: "It was my role to keep him (Hooper) away from Buffon"

"Penalty? For what? It was more of a foul from him than me."

OUR OWN cunt. Love him.

Juventus are leading 3-0 away against Celtic, and Bonucci makes a mistake. What does Conte do? yell "I'll kill you" vimeo.com/59557686

MY Cunte. <3

I watched the Liverpool vs West Brom match though. Suarez REALLY needs to lessen diving. He's a good player but that shit isn't really helping his reputation.

Wilbur

Banned
Everyone with two eyes: "United is pretty junk, the only reason they're at the top is because of RVP and City/Chelsea capitulation."

United fans: "Lol no way you don't give enough credit to our players <3 Superclev Tomgod Rafael <3 <3 the table wouldn't be like this If we were shit!"

Before CL tie against Real: "lol we'll never be salty if we lose to Real (3rd in La Liga, 16 pts from top) is gonna walk all over us <3 RONALDO ULL ALWAYS BE OURS COME HOME SWEETY PIE."

Never change, United.

dumb post, go back to jerking over b-rod fan fiction plz

panty

Chips and dip, do it!

Candy is very broad btw, what candy? :p

Behold the power of the almighty Chips and the best team in the world.

i1CmH8uoZbcxk.png

My favourite chips, my favourite team, my favourite sport. Can't wait for tonight.

pappe

That's why I won't be surprised to see Welbeck start tonight. His energy is fantastic and he always works hard for the team, started all the big matches this season for what he gives the team.
Thats a good point. Wellbeck on the right will be a choice in this tie. Atleast he will not slow the game down to a snails pace if at all we end up with the ball on the right.

Disappointed in Juve-GAF. Couldn't handle getting ganged up on by footballGAF like Madrid/ManU/Chelsea/Barca/Bayern etc.
He is just not used to it anymore.

Did Evra really cheat on his woman?

2,w=390,c=0.bild.jpeg
Does any1 even doubt this? Injunction incoming?

United don't struggle with physical beasts &#8211; they have Phil Jones, Anderson, Cleverly, Carrick who can all hold their own on that front. They suffer from complacency. They look prepared to absorb pressure but then shit the bed and come out saved by the skin of their scummy yellow teeth. Then they kick into gear, string together a few incisive passes and score on the next run of play.

United fans who think they get bullied by teams who just push and shove are IMO, trying to find an excuse for complacency and poor awareness because in an ideal world, physical bullying is the "wrong" way to play football. They got outplayed by their piss-easy CL group last year and it was because they were caught with their pants down with their little red peckers up their own asses just like City did (and this year as well), not because the opponents bullied them into the grass.

I don't think Ronaldo will be a problem more than Özil. Özil finds space everywhere he goes and intelligent attackers with space around them in the final third are what really put United on their asses, moreso than pace, strength or other specific attributes. Ronaldo may score one or two in this tie but I think Özil will be the one to get credit in the end. That's just my guess though.
I disagree. Yes you are right about complacency last season in the UCL and when we blew the lead but this year we have been anything but complacent and the few teams where i have seen us struggle in the midfield has been against Fellaini (1st game), Dembele (fulham), Sandro (spurs) and Liverpool second half. against these guys we have just not been able to take possession from them and they have been able to steamroll their way into dangerous positions and drawing 2-3 players providing space for others to exploit. and i in no way believe that is a "wrong" way to play football. IMO there is no wrong way to play football. You gotta what you gotta do to win. I missed the southampton game. Liverpool? we were already 2-0 up and i guess we might have gotten a lil complacent. But we can rule out us being complacent in one of the biggest games we are about to play in 2 years.

What won't happen tonight:

Both Real and Man United score
Dortmund win

I have money on both. So neither will happen. Sorry.

Just give your money to chairty.

Salazar

Lennon must be rueing his decision to pick Ambrose but Commons believes the player is responsible.

Commons said: "Look, the manager picked him. The manager pulled him to one side and asked him if he was feeling okay. He said he was feeling brilliant. If he wasn't feeling okay then he should have said so. If he felt good then he should have put in a better performance."

Victor Wanyama also missed a good headed chance while Commons had a series of efforts on goal as Celtic created a number of other half-chances, especially in the first half.

Commons said: "It was just very sloppy individual mistakes &#8211; something you'd probably get away with on a playground, not in the last 16 of the Champions League. There are certain individuals who let the team down.

"Hopefully this is just a one-off. The back four have made errors which have probably cost us the tie. But it's partly down to them why we're here in the first place. It's just a bitter one to swallow."

Hey Kris, shut the fuck up. You might think this is admirable candour, but you're just being a cock, pal.

confuziz

Banned
Goddamnit, I can't seem to lower my blood pressure (around 140-95). Any ideas or should I go see a doctor?

I don't eat much salt and I work out 2 times a week, but I am unemployed..

GorillaJu

dumb post, go back to jerking over b-rod fan fiction plz

B-Rod pulled his sheets across to the side and sat up in bed, panting, his shirt soaked and freezing. Another one of those dreams. Another cold sweat.

It was that face again. It appeared and disappeared, floated in and out of his mind, its image swirling into perfect detail, then vanishing like a cloud of dust dispersing under the water surface of his consciousness. Smooth, white, with a layer of meat so pinchable he could still feel the painful sting of loneliness in the tip of his fingers as he sat awake in the early morning hours. Who was it? Would he ever come to see this porcelain, hairless, springy skin in person and feel the sweet, milky touch of its cheeks?

He stared down at his bed sheets. His own image, printed onto his duvet cover looked back at him. "Brendan, you know this face is real," he groaned in frustration, pinching his brow and wincing. This most touchable face ever know to mankind. Somewhere, this mysterious creature, this young dough-boy must exist - the dreams are too coincidental. He kneww it'd appear before him one day. Jonjo's taught, tanned cheeks had developed too much to deliver a satisfying touch to his leprechaun's palms. Young Fernandes, his olive-toned Spanish skin eminently touchable, wasn't responding to his caress with usefulness on the pitch.

"Somewhere, I'll find this boy, this ... this face-touchable ghost." Suddenly, his cell phone beeped and convulsed, like the quivering touch of an Irish football coach. "A text at 2:53am? But why?"

His tormentor was terse. Only a single word appeared before him, its taunting green speech bubble as anonymous as the elusive face of his dreams. Or were they nightmares? At least now he knew where he could find out. The message was clear.

N . A . N . D . O ' S

Wilbur

Banned
You're working tonight, Wilbz?

Yeah, half 12 until 10. Can't get out of it now plus we're having birthday drinks after for somebody so couldn't really skip. Pissed me off no end but fuck it.

Already booked off the home leg so at least I'll watch us valiantly draw after being 41 down on aggregate

Salazar

Already booked off the home leg so at least I'll watch us valiantly draw after being 41 down on aggregate

BO9bh9Q.gif

u hath no stomach for this fight

let ye depart

ur passport shall be made

Can't really see myself being too surprised by any team Frogie puts out there. Starting Nani, perhaps, would raise an eyebrow.

spidye

so dortmund wants to buy son from hamburg

typicall. buying the best players from other teams in the same league just to weaken them

Top Bottom