• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Fry

andres, here's a gif for you to use relentlessly.

iblPYOKConNTIt.gif

Tc91

4 hours until the build up on Sky, massive night for us.

Went over to Bluemoon and they are praying for a RVP injury.
Is Pepe playing? (if not banned already)
It is Pepe who could 'do' RVP for us

I'd love to see Ramos stick RVP in the stands

The salty tears are glorious, here we are glamour tie with Real Madrid whilst they are out of Europe all together!

The salty tears are glorious, here we are glamour tie with Real Madrid whilst they are out of Europe all together!
Still signing 6-1.

6 games in Europe. Couldn't win 1.

MASSIVE.

Fry

RvP injured = City back in the race.

You can see they have the best interest for themselves, and aren't saying it for pure bitterness.

MASSIVE

pappe

You can see they have the best interest for themselves, and aren't saying it for pure bitterness.

MASSIVE

So, you are saying, after paying BILLIONS of pounds to build a club and assemble some of the best players. Sheikh Mansoor and City fans are relying on someone else to help them win the title!

It has been far too long since United played Madrid. Really looking forward to tonight.
Still remember the game in 2003 so clearly. Madrid were on another level to us. We were in awe of them that night - and we really didnt need to be.

Really hope that isn't the case today. Would be the most disappointing thing.

Bo-Locks

This has surely got to be the "biggest" and most glamorous football fixture in the world in terms of appeal. If it was the semi final or the CL final itself then I wouldn't be surprised if it broke a few TV viewing figure records. El Clásico has become a fucking pantomime in recent years and is (for me, at least) not even worth watching anymore, since they meet far too often.

It's been too long.

Fady K

On the day of one of my most anticipated Champions League games ever, I have taken the time to go through OT12 to make sure I respond to as many old posts to me as possible. While the process itself is lengthy, it does feel fun too. I hope we all get to enjoy a match of epic proportions tonight. Good luck to United and Madrid! (Also good luck to Dortmund and Shakhtar).

I will be cheering on one guy for the whole 90 minutes tonight!
tumblr_m2uidopV6M1rpudq4o1_400.gif

From OT12:

Pappe said:
He is French. So he will go to Newcastle.

BREAKING NEWS::: Our very own Fady K is engaged!

Thank you Pappe for sharing the news during my footygaf absence :)

Freewheelin&#8217 said:
Oh yeah! saw that this morning!

Congrats Fady! :D :D :D

Thank you Freewheelin’, I look forward to the day I congratulate you for the same thing : )
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I wonder how Fady asked his fiance.

It all happened very naturally. We are good friends and share a lot of interests. She is a footy fan btw :] Like me she admires Barca very much, and she is in love with Juventus. I got her into watching Chelsea as well, though too bad for me Chelsea are currently playing some of the most boring football they have played in years (with the fewest amount of victories in ages as well).

I actually don’t remember asking her the question haha! It just happened very naturally :D

Arnie said:
Says it all about Fady as a person that I'm genuinely really happy to hear that. Anyone else and I'd just be 'eh'.

I am humbled by your kind words Arnie, thank you very much.

Salazar said:
Congratulations, Fady effendi. Lucky woman

Thank you very much Salazar, much appreciated bro. Are you engaged/married yourself?

PrematureQuiche said:
Congrats Fady! Seems like a nice person on here and the only person who really hates United :lol

Thank you bro :D That seems to be the reputation I have around here! I’ll be remembered as the biggest Untied here in neogaf history. I sometimes question why I dislike them as much as I do. Yeah, they always CFC’s ass but many teams kick CFC’s ass day in day out these days (even Liverpool when not at their best). I don’t get it. And my other clubs tend to beat them in the big games (Barca). So I don’t get why I don’t like them so much.

Willkiller said:
Congrats Fady :D

Couldn't happen to a nicer, United hating, guy!

HAHA thanks Will. I wish everyone here the same, even the United lovers!

LanceVance said:
Fady's getting married? Wow congrats man

Thanks a lot bro, though I’m just engaged for now. We plan to get married at the end of the year God willing :]

GQman2121 said:
Fady is all about Twitter.

Footygaf moves so fast that every time I decide to catch up it takes a while. My problem is consistency – just like CFC. Chelsea were also playing so dire that I did not enjoy talking about football for a while. True, Barca is doing so damn well too but this thread barely talks about anything outside of the premier league unfortunately. Why are you banned bro :’(?

Vivalaraza said:
Fady saw Willian.

Fady see's everyone.

It was a pure coincidence I swear :p Just like Gerrard. The toures and drogba was planned. I don’t know if I mentioned it on twitter, but I bumped into Willian (who was with his then-Shakhtar teammates) at a jewellery center in Abu Dhabi.

SunhiLegend said:

OMG. THIS. IS. PERFECT. SUNHI YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenka said:
For all who care, I am totally hooked to Xenoblade.

Oh man, I’ve been wanting to open my copy since forever. I absolutely ADORE the Xeno-games :D! How is it??

dc89 said:
Fady loves Xenogears :D

You know me quite well dc ;D Xenogears was one of the highlights of my gaming experiences of the 90s!!

D_prOdigy

I don't know when it's the optimum time to post desired United formations. I don't know if Kyoufu's online.

EDIT: I guess he is.

Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs Giggs

dc89

Still signing 6-1.

6 games in Europe. Couldn't win 1.

MASSIVE.

MASSIVE

So, you are saying, after paying BILLIONS of pounds to build a club and assemble some of the best players. Sheikh Mansoor and City fans are relying on someone else to help them win the title!

MASSIVE

Just like a 12 point deficit.

Guise pls.

I don't know when it's the optimum time to post desired United formations. I don't know if Kyoufu's online.

No, no, you're right. Formations deploy:

-----------------------De GOD--------------------------

Rafa------------Rio----------Vidic----------------Evra

--------'Toblerone' Jones-----Carrick------------------

------------------------KaGODwa-----------------------

Welbeck------------------RVP----------------------Nani

No Roon. Yeah I went there.

GolazoDan

I like the game tonight because I can see it genuinely going either way. They could trash us, we could trash them. Plus we've not had a big two-legged European tie since the Bayern ones and they were great games despite the result. Don't count Chelsea obv.

Linius

I like the game tonight because I can see it genuinely going either way. They could trash us, we could trash them. Plus we've not had a big two-legged European tie since the Bayern ones and they were great games despite the result. Don't count Chelsea obv.

MyTxZ64.jpg

MASSIVE CLUB

Argh fucking hell, I was totally at peace with the fact I was going to miss the match tonight. Then I read the last page here and got hyped. At a dance lesson which will finish sometime around kick-off but then will be in a random district of Berlin and with Dortmund playing tonight there's no way bars will be showing the United game.

Sheeeeit.

Kenka

Oh man, I’ve been wanting to open my copy since forever. I absolutely ADORE the Xeno-games :D! How is it??
From 0h to 2h it's cheesy
From 2h to 25h, it's captivating
From 25h to the end, it's addictive.

To me, the best RPG since Final Fantasy VIII. I would even say it's better due to the open world nature, gigantic scale, top notch voice acting and combat mechanics. Also, side quests, achievements, belts, zippers, mayonnaise, man sauce.

Noirulus

I'd like to see this starting XI for Real.

---------------Lopez--------------

Arbeloa - Varane - Ramos - Coentrao

-----------Khedira - Alonso----------

------Di Maria - Ozil - Ronaldo------

---------------Benzema--------------

I want to replace Arbeloa with Ramos and put Pepe in Ramos's position, but Mourinho has an unrelenting love for Arbeloa so that's never happening.

From 0h to 2h it's cheesy
From 2h to 25h, it's captivating
From 25h to the end, it's addictive.

To me, the best RPG since Final Fantasy X. I would even say it's better due to the open world nature, gigantic scale, top notch voice acting and combat mechanics. So best RPG since Final Fantasy VIII.

Since FFXII you mean :p

But yeah, Xenoblade is this generation's glorious throwback to the great JRPG era of PS1-PS2.

edit: You changed FFX to FFVIII :(

D_prOdigy

-----------------------De Gea--------------------------

Rafael------------Ferdinand----------Vidic (but probably Evans)---------Evra

---------------------------Jones---------------------

--------------Cleverley--------------Carrick------------------

----------------------------Kagawa----------------------

-------------Rooney--------------------Van Persie

Leave the wide boys for OT.

You think Kagawa and Roon in then?
It's hard to guess. I have no idea whether we will sit deep or come out and play.

I think Rooney will start, 100%. He is the only player in the team who is as good defending as he is attacking, can and will run for hours and be crucial on both ends of the pitch.

Kagawa - not sure. Would take a lot of faith from Fergie to start him.

Bo-Locks

-----------De GOAT-----------

Rafael----Rio----Vidic----Evra

------Jones-------Carrick-----

-----------Cleverley-----------

Valencia---------------Rooney

--------------RVP--------------

Messi

Argh fucking hell, I was totally at peace with the fact I was going to miss the match tonight. Then I read the last page here and got hyped. At a dance lesson which will finish sometime around kick-off but then will be in a random district of Berlin and with Dortmund playing tonight there's no way bars will be showing the United game.

Sheeeeit.

Somewhere must be showing it. have to be. This game is massive.

Kenka

I want to replace Arbeloa with Ramos and put Pepe in Ramos's position, but Mourinho has an unrelenting love for Arbeloa so that's never happening.

But yeah, Xenoblade is this generation's glorious throwback to the great JRPG era of PS1-PS2.

You might be right, FF XII's music was so epic, I still put it in my car when I do stunts to frighten my passengers. But to me, it was a bit too focused on grinding. I prefer story-based games especially if narrative is top. It's the case in Xenoblade, and I hope in it will be in X too.

edit: yeah, I thought why stop at FFX while they all have pretty much the same quality up to FF VII/VI.

-----------------------De Gea--------------------------

Rafael------------Ferdinand----------Vidic (but probably Evans)---------Evra

---------------------------Jones---------------------

--------------Cleverley--------------Carrick------------------

----------------------------Kagawa----------------------

-------------Rooney--------------------Van Persie

Leave the wide boys for OT.

I'm becoming more attracted to this idea.

Tc91

I don't think Kagawa will start. Rooney will 100% our in form player at the moment and he likes the big games.

-----------------De GOAT-----------

Rafael-----Ferdinand-----Evans-----Evra

Valencia---Jones---Carrick---Cleverley---Rooney

------------------God----------------

Clegg

It's hard to guess. I have no idea whether we will sit deep or come out and play.

I think Rooney will start, 100%. He is the only player in the team who is as good defending as he is attacking, can and will run for hours and be crucial on both ends of the pitch.

Kagawa - not sure. Would take a lot of faith from Fergie to start him.

I don't think Kagawa will start. We'll need a different sort of player to track back and help our fullbacks.But imo Fergie has already shown a lot of faith in him by selecting him for most of our big games this season.

panty

That might be lineup for tonight.

OR for defence

Essien - Varane - Ramos - Arbeloa

Top Bottom