• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

I don't think Kagawa will start. We'll need a different sort of player to track back and help our fullbacks.But imo Fergie has already shown a lot of faith in him by selecting him for most of our big games this season.
I agree.

But really it depends on where Ferguson thinks we will get joy going forwards. Down Madrid's right would be the best bet. On the left we just need to contain Ronaldo. Rafael and wheoever else will double up there, could even be Rooney actually.

Left side Arebloa isn't the best (although he is under-rated IMO) and Di Maria can be patchy. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kagawa or Young start on that side and are tasked with setting off our breaks.

So many possibilities. It's important we don't focus on simply containing them. RVP is our star man. He needs to be in the game if he is going to effect it. I am worried he is gong to be very isolated.

Pachimari

I'd like to see this starting XI for Real.

---------------Lopez--------------

Arbeloa - Varane - Ramos - Coentrao

-----------Khedira - Alonso----------

------Di Maria - Ozil - Ronaldo------

---------------Benzema--------------

I want to replace Arbeloa with Ramos and put Pepe in Ramos's position, but Mourinho has an unrelenting love for Arbeloa so that's never happening.

Since FFXII you mean :p

But yeah, Xenoblade is this generation's glorious throwback to the great JRPG era of PS1-PS2.

edit: You changed FFX to FFVIII :(
I 100% agree with this line up for tonight.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
tumblr_mbjmazQ3Se1qejm2wo1_500.gif

Put 50 quid on Madrid and Dortmund to win. Don't fuck this up guys.

I hope RVP rips their cunt open

Marina Hyde from the Guardian just posted an article, well an opinion article I guess, about why Mourinho and Ferguson aren't actually friends and that they are just...actual "enemies" who hate each other.

It's like Journalism is about always trying to twist things for some people. For fucks sakes, they basically say they enjoy their rivalry and they drink nice wine together. They aren't selling anything, why would anyone even think too much about it?

GolazoDan

P. ?

And this is logo is better than the one we're using. Fans want this logo back but the club isn't going to give in.
Pretty!

Is the current one the one on the shirt from a few years ago (probably March 10?). I got an Ajax shirt when I went to Amsterdam, badge is weird. Basic as shit, like a child's drawing of a Santa.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Blurgh, Friedel is going to play against Lyon.

It better not cost us, we haven't kept a single clean sheet in any competition with him in goal. We are used to having a sweeper keeper, I don't like changing that for such a big game. Domestic cups, fine, but that's it.

LegoArmo

--------------de Gea--------------
--Rafael---Evans---Vidic---Evra--
Welbeck-Anderson-Carrick-Rooney
--------------Kagawa--------------
-------------van Persie-------------

No Rio.

Kyoufu

Blurgh, Friedel is going to play against Lyon.

It better not cost us, we haven't kept a single clean sheet in any competition with him in goal. We are used to having a sweeper keeper, I don't like changing that for such a big game. Domestic cups, fine, but that's it.

Lyon are going through an implosion. You'll be ok.

Ushojax

Lyon are going through an implosion. You'll be ok.

Probably but no way we keep the clean sheet now. We will concede from a corner/cross just like we do every time he plays. It's like having the Great Deku Tree in goal, he never moves off his line.

Tc91

Good read from Sam Wallace:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/alex-ferguson-faces-the-acid-test-of-latest-manchester-united-generation-8492445.html

Some little bits:

There was a moment when Sir Alex Ferguson mentioned the number of European Cups that Real Madrid have won and, pausing for a moment to marvel at that record of nine titles, conceded it was one benchmark he would have to accept was beyond him.

Then last year, came another reality check, similar to that one experienced in the 2005-06 season, when United failed to make it out the group stages again. The rebuilding continues and the generation of Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, David De Gea, Rafael Da Silva and the newly arrived, albeit vastly experienced, Robin van Persie are asked to show whether they can take United back up to being contenders again.

There was much hand-wringing over finding a "new" Keane, until Wayne Rooney and Ronaldo emerged. So too, Van Persie has filled a void not occupied since Ronaldo's departure, although they are clearly very different players. The likes of Jones, Welbeck, Smalling and Cleverley are following a path well-trodden by United's best young players. Eliminate Real Madrid and suddenly the picture changes and expectations rise.

United beat Barcelona in the semi-finals in 2008 but since then Barça's development has eclipsed their own. Had those two finals United have lost to Barça gone the other way, then Ferguson would be the most successful manager in the history of European football.

:(.

I like that part about Cleverley, Welbz, Jones etc. Hyped now for the game.

Ushojax

Are you playing a strong team or your "B team"?

We'll play a strong team. Gallas and Friedel will play but other than that I expect it will be the first XI. We don't play at the weekend so there is no real need to rest people like Dembele, Lennon, etc unless they have knocks.

Salvadora

Yes I can.

Just so we are all on the same page, and that I am not a bullshitter. Here is the 300 bet.

Now Madrid. I have never trusted you before. But...for one night only I trust you.

I just wonder where you go from there. Could it become a problem?

Kyoufu

Messi will either be a very happy man tonight or borderline suicidal.

Personally, I wouldn't make that bet. Too difficult to predict.

dc89

Whoaaaaa Messi! That's scary. :(

---

Fuck CL. Nintendo announced Nintendo Directs for tomorrow. Bring me;

Animal Crossing release date
More Pokemon gameplay
Bravely Default localisation
Wii U price cut.

<3

Salvadora

Whoaaaaa Messi! That's scary. :(

---

Fuck CL. Nintendo announced Nintendo Directs for tomorrow. Bring me;

Animal Crossing release date
More Pokemon gameplay
Bravely Default localisation
Wii U price cut.

<3

Despite the fact that Pokemon X/Y are getting a worldwide release I doubt they'll show anything. The information will trickle out of Japan via magazines and Pokemon Sundays for a while I reckon.
Win or lose I am blocking the betting accounts after today
Just be careful. One of my grandparents was addicted to gambling and it caused quite a few problems. And this was decades before the internet.

dc89

£5 on Real Madrid to win.
Free £5 in play on United to win or draw double chance.

= I can't lose. That's what I'm doing.

Tc91

"If your player scores the first goal of the match and then scores another, Fred will double your first goalscorer price. If your player then goes on to score a hat-trick, Fred will treble your goalscorer price."

betfred, Ronaldo 3/1.

Top Bottom