• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

bud

but it's still nice when a central forward drops deep and plays like that because it not only helps improve your team's passing game, but it'll also cause confusion among the opponent's defenders--are both of them just going to stay in their zone and give him all the time and space in midfield or are they going to try and close him down?

Jay Spearing had a performer's spirit, too.

Covent Garden beckons, maybe after a spell at Rushden & Diamonds.

Still can't believe we had Spearing playing for us almost every week when Lucas was out. Obviously its nice to have boyhood Reds coming through the ranks, but he's a terrible footballer for the Premier League

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
but it's still nice when a central forward drops deep and plays like that because it not only helps improve your team's passing game, but it'll also cause confusion among the opponent's defenders--are both of them just going to stay in their zone and give him all the time and space in midfield or are they going to try and close him down?
Ah, so that's what Messi was trying to do with Maradona's Argentina!

GorillaJu

Still can't believe we had Spearing playing for us almost every week when Lucas was out. Obviously its nice to have boyhood Reds coming through the ranks, but he's a terrible footballer for the Premier League

We gave away Kacaniklic AND a few million for this man

10051.jpg

And Tom Ince with a few million for this dude

charlie-adam-liverpool-cropped

AlexBasch

Happy as fuck for the Toluca victory. After that shameful display against Tigres it was amazing to see them beating Boca in their own stadium, even if it's not the best Boca Jrs, it's still an important team and hopefully they'll improve in LigaMX. Venga Diablos. :D

That aside, fuck that bald Bianchi fuck. I can't stand that asshole. :)

Honestly, that was one of the weakest goOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOls I've heard from a commentator.
What did you expect from fucking Orvananos? I wish we had Pons. Mexican Fox Sports is a joke.

Likely Zenit formation against Liverpool. Cause why the fuck not, United-gaf does it?

---------------Malafeev-----------------
Anyukov--Lombaerts--Neto--Hubocan
----------------Denisov-----------------
-------Shirokov----------Witsel--------
Hulk------------------------------Danny
--------------Kerzhakov----------------

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Happy as fuck for the Toluca victory. After that shameful display against Tigres it was amazing to see them beating Boca in their own stadium, even if it's not the best Boca Jrs, it's still an important team and hopefully they'll improve in LigaMX. Venga Diablos. :D
A Toluca fan?! Surprising. Also we need more people in here discussing Mexican football.
That aside, fuck that bald Bianchi fuck. I can't stand that asshole. :)
You sound like a RiBer fan.
What did you expect from fucking Orvananos? I wish we had Pons. Mexican Fox Sports is a joke.
Luis García = Best Mexican commentator. Yay or nay?

K1LLER7

Likely Zenit formation against Liverpool. Cause why the fuck not, United-gaf does it?

A formation thats not a United formation is not truly a great formation....Anyway, hows Witsel been doing for you guys? I remember us being linked with him. Madrid were too.

Scum

Just got back from the kitchen, did a quick glance and thought, "Huh? How long has Kerzhakov been at Man Utd? Oh wait! Zenit's formation!"
5YRcF.gif

AlexBasch

A Toluca fan?! Surprising. Also we need more people in here discussing Mexican football.

You sound like a RiBer fan.

Luis García = Best Mexican commentator. Yay or nay?
Yep! :D You're a Chivas fan yes? I sort of hold a dual allegiance to both Toluca and Rayados ever since 1998 and 2001. Weird and I get a lot of shit, yes. I have endured horrible years and lost double bets, I don't care.

Not really, I just can't stand the guy and how Televisa sucks his dick, he has won some important trophies back in the day, but he's nothing outside Argentina (manager way) and "some" wanted him for the Mexican squad. Lolno.

Totally. I'd rather watch a Zimbabwe vs Nigeria match if it was narrated by the godly duo of Martinolli and García rather than El Clásico with Pietrasanta. Egh.

A formation thats not a United formation is not truly a great formation....Anyway, hows Witsel been doing for you guys? I remember us being linked with him. Madrid were too.

Showing signs of potential, unlike Hulk. His last few games for Zenit were by far his best. Of course that was back in December. When Denisov stopped being a cunt and came back to the team, it allowed Witsel to play further up the pitch and he looked a lot more effective.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You're a Chivas fan yes? I sort of hold a dual allegiance to both Toluca and Rayados ever since 1998 and 2001. Weird and I get a lot of shit, yes. I have endured horrible years and lost double bets, I don't care.
At least you've enjoyed more trophies in the last ten years than I have. :(
Not really, I just can't stand the guy and how Televisa sucks his dick, he has won some important trophies back in the day, but he's nothing outside Argentina (manager way) and "some" wanted him for the Mexican squad. Lolno.
If by some trophies you mean the freaking Libertadores and an Intercontinental, yeah, sure. I can't neglect his résumé, even if I have a lot of doubts of how in touch he has been with football since his disastrous adventure in Spain.
Totally. I'd rather watch a Zimbabwe vs Nigeria match if it was narrated by the godly duo of Martinolli and García rather than El Clásico with Pietrasanta. Egh.
You need to get on the anime thread too, hermano.

is the game gonna be earlier as usual with russian home matches?

Empty

i appreciate you're still new to this but this formation is crying out for you to affix a GOD on the end of a few players names. ironically or unironically.

Tecl0n

aaaand the lack of a true 4 cost us the match. Both goals came from almost the same play. AHJG. Both Cellay and Magallan can't be on the side since they lack speed. Even Sosa, who is the supposed owner of the position is terrible at defending, where in the hell is Albin? (who is also terrible at defending, but at least can sprint faster than the others). Acosta seems to perform a lot better as an open mid than as a support striker, although he doesn't do his part on the defence. 4 goals in 2 matches, with 2 penalties saved, is not a pretty sight.

I get what your saying, I think that if we played further up it would've helped his game, but his touch was off today. His passing was off and he'd just get pushed off the ball too easily. He needs to be better at finding pockets of space and getting away from defenders, similar to how he did at Dortmund.

I don't expect to see the best of him until next season imo. Would help if he builds up his strength by then.

There were several times where he was in great position to do damage but others didn't recognize the pass or messed it up. Welbeck was able to do damage because he was the wide option and a lot of our passes from hoofball were sent in his direction or headed by another player into his direction.

RVP was superb at holding onto the ball, but was poor during scoring chances.

Rppmey was the worst one I felt.

K1LLER7

Showing signs of potential, unlike Hulk. His last few games for Zenit were by far his best. Of course that was back in December. When Denisov stopped being a cunt and came back to the team, it allowed Witsel to play further up the pitch and he looked a lot more effective.
Look forward to seeing you guys beat Liverpool tomorrow. Hopefully bringing up plenty of Lolerpool moments ;)

dat Gazprom power

AlexBasch

At least you've enjoyed more trophies in the last ten years than I have. :(

If by some trophies you mean the freaking Libertadores and an Intercontinental, yeah, sure. I can't neglect his résumé, even if I have a lot of doubts of how in touch he has been with football since his disastrous adventure in Spain.

You need to get on the anime thread too, hermano.
If it makes you feel better, I still feel resentful over that Apertura 2006 final. I loathed Bofo Bautista enough before that game. ):

I don't neglect his resumé as well, but I just don't like the guy. Same as Fabio Capello, I know he has important trophies but that doesn't make me like the guy either. :p

Not really big in anime these days but I might lurk in there to get in touch with that again. :D

Look forward to seeing you guys beat Liverpool tomorrow. Hopefully bringing up plenty of Lolerpool moments ;)

dat Gazprom power

I'm a bit worried because we have a guy who's been with the team for only a week (Neto) starting at CB for us. Also it's not even supposed to be that cold and the pitch is, miraculously, in decent shape. Basically we have our work cut out for us.

K1LLER7

There were several times where he was in great position to do damage but others didn't recognize the pass or messed it up. Welbeck was able to do damage because he was the wide option and a lot of our passes from hoofball were sent in his direction or headed by another player into his direction.

RVP was superb at holding onto the ball, but was poor during scoring chances.

Rppmey was the worst one I felt.

Attacking wise Rooney didn't offer much, but when he had the ball, I felt that you could see the Madrid players would look to back off a little. He didn't have the best of games but he, along with all of the other players, did very well defensively.

Long 4 weeks(?) till the next leg. Hopefully Clev will get a game. I thought we missed his passing under pressure at times.

K1LLER7

I'm a bit worried because we have a guy who's been with the team for only a week (Neto) starting at CB for us. Also it's not even supposed to be that cold and the pitch is, miraculously, in decent shape. Basically we have our work cut out for us.
It's Liverpool, you'll win :p

predict: 3-1 (Hulk x2, Kherzhakov - Downing)

Top Bottom