• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

ShogunX

In their Russian League championship winning seasons I remember Rubin consistently bunkering against relegation fodder after going up 1-0. Also any striker that joins them always becomes shit. Let's see if Salomon Rondon will be the next victim of this curse.

Sounds a bit like what David Moyes has going on at Everton. A lot of my EFC supporting mates hate the fact that Moyes has goal scorers working the channels instead of being in the box. He over works them and they become shit.

FootballFan

Aw yiss

Real-Madrid-v-Manchester--008.jpg

De Gea looks like the Rooney in your avatar there :eek:

In their Russian League championship winning seasons I remember Rubin consistently bunkering against relegation fodder after going up 1-0. Also any striker that joins them always becomes shit. Let's see if Salomon Rondon will be the next victim of this curse.

Was really good at Malaga, Rubin have probably already ruined him. :(

Fady K

Oh by the way, send your congrats to Fady via twitter or PM, he got engaged!

and she's a Juventina, god help him

Thanks bro :) And I am very thankful that she's a Juventina. Imagine how much I would have had to suffer if she was a ManU fan :p

Thanks arkon! Rereading posts through that site is hilarious.

FADYYYYYYYYYYY. What's up baby? (at this rate I'll get an answer for this in OT18
LLShC.gif
)

Hey I'm trying here :D You ended up being responded to in the same OT :0! Now that I have made it this far I must not slip again. I have dropped enough points this season and now I must fight the relegation battle :0

Hey Fady, how did you manage to meet the Ivory Coast NT?

Hello there Baconsaurus :) They were staying at a nearby hotel by a football stadium where they were training for their AFCON tournament. They also had a friendly against Egypt there. They were just chilling out at the lobby and cafe for quite some time. Yaya in particular was wonderful.

Tomorrow I'll be posting a question directed to Fady somewhere to see if I end up in the next mega post. Stay sharp Fady!

The Walking Dead was awesome guys, really loved the new episode.

Oh and tonight I'm seeing Angus Stone. Should be fun :D

I await your question Linius :D

Cristiano would probably blow your mind with how different he is off the pitch. Being from Madeira I know a lot of people who have met him, and they all say he's nice as hell to random strangers who aproach him for an autograph and a picture.

Nice to see you back with a post. :)

That's nice to hear, I've grown a soft spot for Cristiano in recent months, and that spot grew even softer yesterday after he scored against United. If he manages to knock them out I'll fall in love with him.

It's nice to be back here Letters, thanks :) I hope I can stick around and contribute to the conversation and not just appear out of nowhere at random times to respond to ancient posts :p

Cristiano would tell you to fuck off. Unless you told him you were a reporter that has the power to vote at the Ballon d'Or ceremony.

He seems nicer now than he was back then though :0

From 0h to 2h it's cheesy
From 2h to 25h, it's captivating
From 25h to the end, it's addictive.

To me, the best RPG since Final Fantasy VIII. I would even say it's better due to the open world nature, gigantic scale, top notch voice acting and combat mechanics. Also, side quests, achievements, belts, zippers, mayonnaise, man sauce.

Wow. You have my hyped even more now. I'll make sure to be patient enough and go through the first few hours in order to experience its world better. Thanks for the impressions.

Cagliari President Massimo Cellino has been arrested as part of an investigation into the Is Arenas stadium where the Serie A club has been staging thier home matches this season.

Serie A, bitches!

Vitet

So...
26-F -> "Copa del Rey" Barça - Madrid (against a 1-1)
2-M -> "La Liga" Madrid - Barça
5-M -> "Champions" Manchester Utd. - Madrid (against a 1-1)

Amazing week

Carbonox

I'm optimistic about Newcastle's chances today. I think we can win, especially as we'll probably put out a strong team. Mbiwa should be getting his first start too.

I'd prefer for us to go all out against Metallist today so we can try and get a good scoreline going in to the return leg next week, then play a weaker team in that game so that we have our best players primed for our Premier League game against Southampton.

Raiola: "Van Bommel will become Milan's coach in 3 or 4 years time. He wants to return to Milan and coach them."

Awww, we love you too Mark <3

Wilbur

Banned
Saw the result after work after literally having the shits out of nervousness. Was fucking screaming inside all night thinking I'm going to come out to a 3-0 beating. A draw made me so fucking ecstatic. Absolutely ecstatic. Then I got fucked and started singing about Danny Welbeck in the club.

Lots of trash talk by both sets of fans last night (Pulga you cunt looooool) but I fucking love you all. Don't get to post much now but reading FootyGAF on the way home was great <3

I'm so happy with the result. Obviously still wary because it sounds like they were the better team and they can do anyone on the break, but I'm so fucking happy.

Blablurn

Dortmund are among the luckiest clubs in the world right now. I'm starting to believe they'll win it all.

:lol

Definitely the Bundesliga though. But yeah, pretty lucky. That was such a bad game and I watched it all :/ Only worse thing was the commentator.

Wilbur

Banned
Also the Madrid fans whining about us being a bus considering what they're like every time they play Barca :lol :lol :lol

It's called a game plan boys. You don't play on the counter, you're half the team.

GorillaJu

Gooooooooooo Dortmund!

Err... Arsenal.

Roberto's first port of call, will be an actual port: Napoli. There he'll snap up alleged inventor of the lightbulb, Thomas "Edinson" Cavani, before taking the boat to Glasgow where he'll buy Celtic midfielder and popular Japanese eatery Victor "Why does everyone always go for the chicken katsu curry?" Wagamama. Those two deals should set City back just north of £50m. If Mancini thinks he can rock on up to Milan and sign Stephan El Shaarawy though, he has another thing coming. The striker, also a target for Arsenal, has signed a contract that will keep him at the San Siro – literally, under its terms he can't step further than 25 feet outside the stadium – until 2018.

:lol :lol

Fady K

If you play it on Dolphin save frequently since the game may crash every now and then depending on the version you use.

To get you hyped more:

Xenoblade Chronicles Music - Frontier Village
(slight spoiler)

I'll be playing it on the normal Wii :]

What beautiful music...I did hear one track called Field of the Machinae and it was *amazing*.

Just been reading some Bayern forums and LOL @ their score predictions

Some nonsense like 4-1 to Bayern. They must be dizzy

Arsenal will have to be extremely careful because Bayern this season is on super-saiyan mode. They are so ruthless in their attack nowadays.

Congrats Fady.

Thank you very much Oxx!

confuziz

Banned
Raiola: "Van Bommel will become Milan's coach in 3 or 4 years time. He wants to return to Milan and coach them."

Awww, we love you too Mark <3

A bit too early I think. He will probably retire at the end of this season, so he can then start the coach thing. He will probably first train some youth teams of PSV =)

Blablurn

I'll be playing it on the normal Wii :]

What beautiful music...I did hear one track called Field of the Machinae and it was *amazing*.

Arsenal will have to be extremely careful because Bayern this season is on super-saiyan mode. They are so ruthless in their attack nowadays.

Thank you very much Oxx!

I'm not expecting a blowout by Bayern! We have to be careful in London. Podolski really likes to score against us.

Wilbur

Banned
doing my best to impersonate cuntish Man United supporters, should sound familiar.

You're a weird one. Cry all night about United being shit...

own team knocked out of Champions League.

Stop the tears, baby. Lie down and let Leverkusen take you for the shit fucking team you are.

Fady K

Also the Madrid fans whining about us being a bus considering what they're like every time they play Barca :lol :lol :lol

It's called a game plan boys. You don't play on the counter, you're half the team.

Wilbury I must confess - your team was incredible yesterday. Some of the best defending I have seen in a while. Great counters. Very efficient. I was so afraid every time MUFC countered. At the same time Madrid were not as good as people led you to believe.

Ramos made some bad mistakes at the back - he was largely culpable for Welbeck's goal.

Ronaldo was clearly nowhere near his best in this game.

Benzema had arguable his worst performance in a Madrid shirt this season.

Varane actually made a couple of lethal mistakes, one which could have earned him a yellow card, or even worse, a red.

Ozil fumbled a a lot when he could have shot on target on multiple occasions.

Arbeloa was very poor.

Di Maria was very wasteful in the second half.

Wilbur

Banned
After today ManU fans shouldnt hate on Chelsea anymore.

No United fan hates Chelsea for what they did last year. It was necessary and it worked. Fair play to them. Much like ceding possession to Madrid is the way to beat them, as has been proven time and time again this season.

Wilbur

Banned
Still making my way through the thread

demerit from Real, had everything to put 3 or 4 in the back of the net. pathetic display by Man United, even brought the double decker bus, but it's the normal thing to do when a small team plays Real.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

WAH WAH WAH WAH small team small team

Maybe top your fuckin league and actually stay in the competition. You fucking crybaby

Fady K

BTW I understand that the world is going crazy over De Gea right now (made some good saves but I think the reaction is far too exaggerated) but people should be EQUALLY praising Diego Lopez. He kept Real in this game IMO.

Making two world class saves against Robin Van Damme Persie in one match is a big, big deal. The first one that "hit the post" was actually saved by him

I'm not expecting a blowout by Bayern! We have to be careful in London. Podolski really likes to score against us.

True; always good to be cautious and respect your opponents. But the gulf of quality at the moment - no offense to Arsenal whatsoever - between Arsenal and *THIS* Bayern Munich is very large.

Fady K

Fans will never learn will they? NEVER get cocky before a match. Go nuts on the RESULT not the PRE-MATCH hype.

Most of you will end up looking like fools -_-.

Blablurn

BTW I understand that the world is going crazy over De Gea right now (made some good saves but I think the reaction is far too exaggerated) but people should be EQUALLY praising Diego Lopez. He kept Real in this game IMO.

Making two world class saves against Robin Van Damme Persie in one match is a big, big deal. The first one that "hit the post" was actually saved by him

True; always good to be cautious and respect your opponents. But the gulf of quality at the moment - no offense to Arsenal whatsoever - between Arsenal and *THIS* Bayern Munich is very large.

Let's see Fady. In the past, our players used to be lazy when they had a good run. I hope they stay focused this year.

Oh, btw, we are playing Wolfsburg tmw. Four years ago Wolfsburg basically destroyed us. We lost 5:1. That was some days before the huge 0:4 defeat against Barcelona.

419025563-grafite-409.jpg

Grafite's 5:1 became goal of the year back then. Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfdEx2EciA4

Wolfsburg with Dzeko back then :-o

Clegg

The press wankathon over him today is pathetic. Piss off.

He wasnt even that good. I mean yeah he played well made great saves but only 2 of the saves were really high quality IMO.

Hate these journos.

He flapped at a couple of crosses too.

He's had a couple of great performances this season which have been completely ignored by the press. They had to write about his performance last night though. They would have looked foolish otherwise.

Wilbur

Banned
So it's ok for RVP to shove his hand in a player's face?

Pulga, come on man. He touches his chin and then his neck and Ramos goes down holding his eyes/face. If Ramos had done the same to Busquets and Busquets reacted like that you'd go nuts. You're being biased; fair enough, but how you can react like that is odd considering how I know you'd react if the tables were turned.

Top Bottom