• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

K1LLER7

Shinji needs to start on the bench in the 2nd leg.

Rooney off RVP. Welbz and one of the others wide. Maybe even Clev actually.
Yeah. Nani/Young should be given a chance imo. Team didn't have much pace going forward apart from Welbeck yesterday. So having one of them on the wing could help. But then Clev would probably end up on the bench.

Fady K

Read it Clegg, it's not bad :D I was being honest.

You don't need to apologise.

If you didn't hate/dislike United, something would be wrong with you.

It's not normal for anybody who doesn't support United to like us.

Liking your team is one thing and disliking it as much as I do (as most people in this thread know me for very well) are 2 very different things.

I am a bitter, jealous, and a hypocritical football fan when it comes to United. It betrays the values I believe in. I hope to one day become a football fan who is fair and more respectful. I know its' not normal, but honestly it feels more respectful.

If United go through in the different competitions, be it this season or any other, I'll try to remember the great United fans here and be happy for them. You guys are my friends and if my teams don't succeed, then I should be happy that my friends' teams won.

Sorry if I sound like a drama queen but I am angry at my attitude.

Wilbur

Banned
It's fucking perplexing. It's like a tennis player moaning about their opponent being a baseliner.

I mean, I get annoyed when a team like Norwich relies for their attack on Grant Holt contesting unimaginative long balls like a milk float on its last legs. But if we were playing them, I'd be a massive tit to moan about them not coming out to play stretched-out possession football.

Besides, if Evra letting his man have a cup of fucking tea out wide before closing him constitutes the Manchester United "bus", and constitutes a serious impediment to the Real Madrid attack - :lol

It's just reactionary salt after the game; slightly understandable given context, but important to be able to acknowledge the difference between desperate defending with 10 men behind the ball, and a game plan which stops Madrid from doing what they do best.

And from Madrid fans as well :lol. The only way they beat Barcelona is sit back (which apparently now means park the bus) and counter, because it's what they're good at. Then they lose to Granada because Granada do exactly the same to them. Fair enough.

K1LLER7

The main flaw in the argument is that it's bollocks. RVP and Welbeck were ahead of the ball for most of the game. And we had more than 10 shots.
Madrid aren't used to dominating possession :p

Their best form of attack is through counters. We didn't give them too many opportunities to counter yesterday. Even though they had so much of the ball, it showed they weren't the most creative.

Wilbur

Banned
Viva, how much is that we've made then? Enough to buy Strootz AND Wagamama?

Read it Clegg, it's not bad :D I was being honest.

Liking your team is one thing and disliking it as much as I do (as most people in this thread know me for very well) are 2 very different things.

I am a bitter, jealous, and a hypocritical football fan when it comes to United. It betrays the values I believe in. I hope to one day become a football fan who is fair and more respectful. I know its' not normal, but honestly it feels more respectful.

If United go through in the different competitions, be it this season or any other, I'll try to remember the great United fans here and be happy for them. You guys are my friends and if my teams don't succeed, then I should be happy that my friends' teams won.

Sorry if I sound like a drama queen but I am angry at my attitude.

Fady you're a star man. Don't apologise at all. I love it when Barca/Chelsea/Liverpool/Bayern lose. Love it. It's part and parcel of being a football fan, you just have to accept not everyone's going to be rooting for you.

You shouldn't be annoyed at yourself! Hate United by all means :D

Viva, how much is that we've made then? Enough to buy Strootz AND Wagamama?

Fady you're a star man. Don't apologise at all. I love it when Barca/Chelsea/Liverpool/Bayern lose. Love it. It's part and parcel of being a football fan, you just have to accept not everyone's going to be rooting for you.

Theres enough there. Well probs wheel Fletch out as a new signing though.

Evra was so shit yesterday. He's vacant. Went and stood at CB 3/4 times and sent Jevans to LB. Fool.

ilkKCfWdjxRKL.JPG

sup

Wilbur

Banned

Evra was so shit yesterday. He's vacant. Went and stood at CB 3/4 times and sent Jevans to LB. Fool.

Fletch will come back with a bionic bowel and dominate the PL.

Really? Probably an ego thing. He really is a fucking buffoon at times. Will have to watch the match when I'm home.

K1LLER7

Lol this pissed me off so much. Di Maria was a free man most of the game. We need Fabio to return in the summer and hope he finds his form like Rafael has this season.

Salazar

Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack
2 – Rafael and Robin van Persie are both now one European booking away from suspension.

Bitchmade Madrid fool to do a faceclutch routine all over again in the second leg.

Not a chance in hell Raf gets through a high tempo leg against those idiots without a card.

bud

It's fucking perplexing. It's like a tennis player moaning about their opponent being a baseliner.

I mean, I get annoyed when a team like Norwich relies for their attack on Grant Holt contesting unimaginative long balls like a milk float on its last legs. But if we were playing them, I'd be a massive tit to moan about them not coming out to play stretched-out possession football.

Besides, if Evra letting his man have a cup of fucking tea out wide before closing him constitutes the Manchester United "bus", and constitutes a serious impediment to the Real Madrid attack - :lol

i don't think that is a fair comparison. united and madrid are two of the biggest club in the world, they play for every trophy year in year out. of course madrid are better, but the difference is nowhere near as big as it is between united and norwich.

but united kind of parking the bus didn't really surprise me. it's the playing style that suits them the most.

confuziz

Banned
What are you guys up to this evening (because of THAT day you know).

I'm taking my gf to some fancy place for a nice steak and after that we are going to see 'The Impossible' at the local cinema.

Fady K

The football supporter way, be proud!

Its' frustrating, but it can be incredibly fun at times too.

Cant hate on Fady

<3

Can't hate on you guys either : )

Fady Congrats :D

Thanks a million K1LLER7 :)

Thanks for your kind words bro. I know how amazing it can feel when an opposition team that you don't like loses. I am currently beyond that, as I said in my previous post I can be far too bitter. I hope to step it up before the next leg.

I'm sorry, Fady's future wife is a Juve fan? We need to know more, Fady.

She is indeed Zabojnik :) Del Piero is her all time favorite, she's been fan for nearly a decade now I believe :D

What are you guys up to this evening (because of THAT day you know).

I'm taking my gf to some fancy place for a nice steak and after that we are going to see 'The Impossible' at the local cinema.

Don't take her to the impossible bro, I hear it is very sad : [

3Sixty

Anzhi Makhachkala @ 7/10
Benfica @ 13/5
Dynamo Kiev @ 10/11
Levante @ 13/10
Dnipro @ 2/1
Chelsea @ 7/10

Is what I'm on tonight.

Dnipro at 2/1 is a great price.

Benfica will let me down, but was a gut thing.

Wilbur

Banned
Anzhi Makhachkala @ 7/10
Benfica @ 13/5
Dynamo Kiev @ 10/11
Levante @ 13/10
Dnipro @ 2/1
Chelsea @ 7/10

Is what I'm on tonight.

I hope Benfica get fucking annihilated tonight. Sorry rvy

Blablurn

Anzhi Makhachkala @ 7/10
Benfica @ 13/5
Dynamo Kiev @ 10/11
Levante @ 13/10
Dnipro @ 2/1
Chelsea @ 7/10

Is what I'm on tonight.

Did u bet on those teams winning? I dont understand those numbers lol

Top Bottom