• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Linius

Any news on Sony regarding second hand games? Because if these rumours turn out to be true and Sony doesn't go with the same strategy I sure as hell ain't buying the new Xbox.

dc89

And people in this thread have the hide to criticise the WiiU...haha.

Fuck Microsoft, fuck Sony. Nintendo rules

QFT! Just not as much fuck Sony. As we don't really know their plans yet. And that's saying this Xbox thing is true. But if so, and Sony block used games....

Well. Mac gaming for me then.

TeegsD

Did the new Portugal away jersey get posted here yet? What a beauty!
1eWujSh.jpg

Ordering it as soon as possible

Salazar

Witcher 3 has open world next gen whales.

I'm all in.

Fuck the new xbox tho.

Aye. Digital whaling. I want my own little viking fleet, just harpooning the fuck out of shit. Fill em with spears.

Mystifying how much some people's hearts bleed for corporate profits.

Step in the right direction. Companies should get a cut if the game is sold the 2nd time around. I doubt they do.

Ha. Aha. Hahaha. HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can only echo your words regarding that tweet

If the Xbox rumours are true, fuck MS
If the same goes with the PS4, fuck Sony (I'll still buy a PS4 though unless it flops)

And choodi, the WiiU's problems go so far beyond anti-consumer practices, there's no comparison to be made

I rarely buy used games unless its on a whim, but I sell my games all the time

Why don't companies just make people pay £1 or so to activate a second hand game? They make some profit from the second hand games and they're still affordable. Only problem would be lending a game to someone or playing it on a different console

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Beardlo: "We are prepared for whatever Celtic have to offer. We saw that they beat Barca, but we are prepared to adapt maybe more than Barca. If Celtic want to play football, we'll play football. But if they want to battle, we are ready to go to battle.

I know Celtic Park will be like a gladiator arena. We have players who have won the WC & CL, so we are used to intimidating games. I'm sure the noise from the Celtic fans will be crazy, but that will only make us more determined to go into battle."

11203-NPT.png

Salazar

Whoever says England has the best fans anyway?

I dunno.

Probably Hansen/Merson/Motson/Crooks/Shearer/Pleat/Tyldesley/Samuel/Winter/Savage/Green

Pleat in particular is just plain intolerable these days. Hard to imagine that he could get worse, but he has.

arkon

If that stuff is true about the new consoles, I'll just be waiting even longer before jumping onboard. I wasn't going to get any of them on launch day anyway. And I certainly won't be paying full price for the games.

Scum

Just read the news about Xbox Next. lol
I bet that it's thanks to EA's meddling. I knew one out of big publishers would try to pull some type of bullshit next gen. It might turn out to be false but I seriously doubt it.

Oh, and "Happy, B'day" dc99.

arkon

What made these guys laugh so hard?

Man Utd paying 15mil for Zaha.

Liverpool buying Downing.

Chelsea spending 50mil on Torres.

Huddersfield fans thinking we had a chance of getting Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer in as manager.

So many possibilities.

arkon

Wait until he's played for us before you break a rib laughing.

Where's the fun in that?

Besides if Liverpool had signed him for that price you'd be one of the first ones on here posting shit about the deal and choice quotes from RAWK.

choodi

Banned
And choodi, the WiiU's problems go so far beyond anti-consumer practices, there's no comparison to be made

I rarely buy used games unless its on a whim, but I sell my games all the time

Why don't companies just make people pay £1 or so to activate a second hand game? They make some profit from the second hand games and they're still affordable. Only problem would be lending a game to someone or playing it on a different console

If you want shiny graphics, get a PC. The WiiU is powerful enough for developers to realise their gameplay visions and to wrap them in nice graphics.

The only upgrade the MS and Sony consoles are going to give you is nicer graphics. Hell, there was not a single game this gen that couldn't have been done, gameplay-wise on a PS2.

Plus, don't frame this as Microsoft blocking second hand games sales, think in terms like this: Say you just bought Generic Sportz Game 2015 and you want to show your buddy how awesome it is. You take it to his place and load it up, but you are denied because it can only be played on the original console you loaded it on to... unless you pay a fee.

Fuck that, what a load of shit.

Scum

If you want shiny graphics, get a PC. The WiiU is powerful enough for developers to realise their gameplay visions and to wrap them in nice graphics.

The only upgrade the MS and Sony consoles are going to give you is nicer graphics. Hell, there was not a single game this gen that couldn't have been done, gameplay-wise on a PS2.

Plus, don't frame this as Microsoft blocking second hand games sales, think in terms like this: Say you just bought Generic Sportz Game 2015 and you want to show your buddy how awesome it is. You take it to his place and load it up, but you are denied because it can only be played on the original console you loaded it on to... unless you pay a fee.

Fuck that, what a load of shit.

This shit stinks of EA.

Kyoufu

city's cl performance

happy birthday dc89

The 8 year contract

Hitcher putting Suso in his world class premier league player list.

They saw Bendtner on our bench.

Man Utd paying 15mil for Zaha.

Liverpool buying Downing.

Chelsea spending 50mil on Torres.

Huddersfield fans thinking we had a chance of getting Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer in as manager.

So many possibilities.

This is why I love Football GAF.

LegoArmo

Wanyama is going to pin him down, sit on his chest, whip out his foot long can of home-made shaving foam, a Gillette Fusion ProGlide (wouldn't want to hurt a legend like Pirlo) and forcibly remove that beard.

He'll probably get booked for that though.

Salazar

Where's the fun in that?

Besides if Liverpool had signed him for that price you'd be one of the first ones on here posting shit about the deal and choice quotes from RAWK.

I'd take the piss out of RAWK, but not the deal itself. I don't think it's silly money.

Any predictions for the Austria versus Wales friendly today? I guess the teams look pretty equal on paper. Main problem of Austria will probably be the defense.

And taking away the tablet, which nobody will bother to innovate with, there's nothing that can be done on the WiiU that can't be done on the PS3/360. Regardless of gameplay innovation, the new franchises I'll want to play will probably not be on the WiiU. All 3 of them will suck balls if the rumours are true, the difference is that the WiiU is already out, and is already shite

If the PS4 flops beyond resuscitation, I'll get a gaming rig definitely. Probably the only benefit from being on the wrong end of the scattered release, you can judge a console before being tempted to buy it :p

Wes

venison crêpe
That moment when Emmy Rossum breaks the fourtth wall and has a tweet regarding neogaf.

Edit: oh. It's not even her. I'VE BEEN FOOLED.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wanyama is going to pin him down, sit on his chest, whip out his foot long can of home-made shaving foam, a Gillette Fusion ProGlide (wouldn't want to hurt a legend like Pirlo) and forcibly remove that beard.

He'll probably get booked for that though.

Unlikely if it's an Italian referee.

Top Bottom