• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

The_Joker

africa cup...

JhPSEF0.jpg

sohois

If you want shiny graphics, get a PC. The WiiU is powerful enough for developers to realise their gameplay visions and to wrap them in nice graphics.

The only upgrade the MS and Sony consoles are going to give you is nicer graphics. Hell, there was not a single game this gen that couldn't have been done, gameplay-wise on a PS2.

Plus, don't frame this as Microsoft blocking second hand games sales, think in terms like this: Say you just bought Generic Sportz Game 2015 and you want to show your buddy how awesome it is. You take it to his place and load it up, but you are denied because it can only be played on the original console you loaded it on to... unless you pay a fee.

Fuck that, what a load of shit.

Red Faction Guerrilla.

I can now use this single obscure example to disregard everything you said /gaming side

Seriously though there are probably a lot of games doing processing stuff that is way beyond the old consoles, but since it is not obvious like with Graphics or something like fully destructible buildings one assumes it just could have been done on old machines. Good example is Crysis, everyone is so wowed by the pretty graphics they don't really notice how advanced it is in physics simulation, the big open levels and the AI needed to manage that.

choodi

Banned
And taking away the tablet, which nobody will bother to innovate with, there's nothing that can be done on the WiiU that can't be done on the PS3/360. Regardless of gameplay innovation, the new franchises I'll want to play will probably not be on the WiiU. All 3 of them will suck balls if the rumours are true, the difference is that the WiiU is already out, and is already shite

If the PS4 flops beyond resuscitation, I'll get a gaming rig definitely. Probably the only benefit from being on the wrong end of the scattered release, you can judge a console before being tempted to buy it :p

This is not really the place to debate the merits of consoles, released or otherwise, but i will say that the killer feature of the WiiU controller is not what innovations they add to games with it, but the simple feature of off-TV gaming.

It doesn't sound very impressive, but unless you have actually spent some time with it, you just can't really understand why it is such a killer feature.

Anyway, the WiiU will be worth it for Nintendo's first party efforts alone. Pikmin 3 is making me feel like a 15 year old kid again.

This is not really the place to debate the merits of consoles, released or otherwise, but i will say that the killer feature of the WiiU controller is not what innovations they add to games with it, but the simple feature of off-TV gaming.

It doesn't sound very impressive, but unless you have actually spent some time with it, you just can't really understand why it is such a killer feature.

Anyway, the WiiU will be worth it alone for Nintendo's first party efforts. Pikmin 3 is making me feel like a 15 year old kid again.

As sohois said, in 2 years time the PC, PS4 and Durango will be putting out games whose technical merits put anything on the WiiU to shame, even if it'll mainly be under the hood rather than on the surface. I and dozens of millions of others don't really care about Nintendo's franchises, so the WiiU is no answer to the question posed if the PS4 and Xbox fuck up. If that happens, it'll be PC or nothing

confuziz

Banned
The Croatian NT is getting pretty good as well if you look at the XI.

S. Pletikosa
J. Šimunić
D. Srna
V. Ćorluka
I. Strinić
N. Kranjčar
L. Modrić
I. Rakitić
O. Vukojević
I. Olić
M. Mandžukić

choodi

Banned
As sohois said, in 2 years time the PC, PS4 and Durango will be putting out games whose technical merits put anything on the WiiU to shame, even if it'll mainly be under the hood rather than on the surface. I and dozens of millions of others don't really care about Nintendo's franchises, so the WiiU is no answer to the question posed if the PS4 and Xbox fuck up. If that happens, it'll be PC or nothing

To each their own i guess. I like Nintendo's stuff and i have a half decent PC with Steam for the rest.

I had a Wii and a PS3 this gen (plus a DS and 3DS) and didn't feel like i missed anything special. The only games this gen that I would have been disappointed to miss out on would have been Wii Sports and Guitar Hero anyway. The rest were kind of take it or leave it affairs.

However, it must be said that as a 35 year old with a full time job, a partner and a baby, my gaming habits are FAR different to most of Football-GAF. Geting a couple of hours of games in aweek is the most i could ever manage these days. Long gone are the 10 hour binges of my university days.

To each their own i guess. I like Nintendo's stuff and i have a half decent PC with Steam for the rest.

I had a Wii and a PS3 this gen (plus a DS and 3DS) and didn't feel like i missed anything special. The only games this gen that I would have been disappointed to miss out on would have been Wii Sports and Guitar Hero anyway. The rest were kind of take it or leave it affairs.

However, it must be said that as a 35 year old with a full time job, a partner and a baby, my gaming habits are FAR different to most of Football-GAF. Geting a couple of hours of games in aweek is the most i could ever manage these days. Long gone are the 10 hour binges of my university days.

I have the time to do that 3 days a week, but I can only manage perhaps 2 hours at a time, even if I love the game. Haven't marathoned a game since UC2 :(

Even ME2, which I'm really liking, I can only do 1 assigment and I've had my fill for the next few hours at least

S. Pletikosa
J. Šimunić
D. Srna
V. Ćorluka
I. Strinić
N. Kranjčar
L. Modrić
I. Rakitić
O. Vukojević
I. Olić
M. Mandžukić

There's a lot of Korean fan girls screaming lol

choodi

Banned
I have the time to do that 3 days a week, but I can only manage perhaps 2 hours at a time, even if I love the game. Haven't marathoned a game since UC2 :(

Even ME2, which I'm really liking, I can only do 1 assigment and I've had my fill for the next few hours at least

I started Mass Effect 2, played a couple of hours (Just got through the tutorial i think), and then couldn't get back to it for a few weeks. Now i can't be bothered trying to remember what i was supposed to be doing next, or even how to manage the overly complex control scheme.

I feel like an old man yelling at clouds, but the truth is that games are not made for me any more. Nintendo games on the other hand are perfectly suited to my lifestyle. I can pick up Mario Bros and know exactly where i am supposed to go and what buttons to press to play the game.

As sad as it sounds, this is where your life is headed after you finish uni and get a real job. Portable gaming is a god-send.

Kenka

S. Pletikosa
J. Šimunić
D. Srna
V. Ćorluka
I. Strinić
N. Kranjčar
L. Modrić
I. Rakitić
O. Vukojević
I. Olić
M. Mandžukić
Simunic still plays ?

Clegg

Brian Mc Dermott named Premier League manager of the month.

Adam Le Fondre named Premier league player of the month.

Linius

My addiction to Kendrick Lamar started again. I need him to play some European festivals, too bad I had no money to go tonight in Amsterdam :(

Carbonox

Even if we bag Sakho, it would be at the loss of Coloccini, with Williamson no doubt still sniffing around (for the love of god terminate his contract and send HIM to San Lorenzo). Still, Sakho, Mbiwa and Taylor would be some defence. Curtis Good may even be a decent 4th choice CB by next season and will no doubt get a run in cup games especially.

confuziz

Banned
Mandzukic and Srna scored for Croatia so far

Even if we bag Sakho, it would be at the loss of Coloccini, with Williamson no doubt still sniffing around (for the love of god terminate his contract and send HIM to San Lorenzo). Still, Sakho, Mbiwa and Taylor would be some defence. Curtis Good may even be a decent 4th choice CB by next season and will no doubt get a run in cup games especially.

I really really REALLY doubt Ancelotti would let go of his best defender lol (after Thiago ofcourse).

Carbonox

Mandzukic and Srna scored for Croatia so far

I really really REALLY doubt Ancelotti would let go of his best defender lol (after Thiago ofcourse).

I doubt Newcastle would even be that lucky to get him should he be sold. I'm sure many teams would love to have him in their squad. However, he has said that he may have to leave in order to get enough games to give himself a look-in for the next World Cup. Seems all is not rosy at PSG for him.

confuziz

Banned
I doubt Newcastle would even be that lucky to get him should he be sold. I'm sure many teams would love to have him in their squad. However, he has said that he may have to leave in order to get enough games to give himself a look-in for the next World Cup. Seems all is not rosy at PSG for him.

He is playing every week..

choodi

Banned

I am really hoping Curtis Good makes it at Newcastle. Even just so that the toon get a bit more of a look-in from the media here in Australia.

Pisses me off that you can't get fuck all info about anyone but the so called big clubs here...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Emmanuel Adebayor should have been his way back to Tottenham on Monday, with the chance that he could be available for the club's big game against Newcastle United at the weekend. However, he's been causing mayhem in Africa instead.

The Togo team had been staying at the plush Winkler Hotel in Mpumalanga, South Africa. After getting knocked out of the Africa Cup of Nations they had a flight booked to take them back to Togo but Adebayor told some of the squad not to take it because he was going to arrange a private jet for everyone.

The players therefore didn't check out and the hotel was unable to check people in who had rooms books for the night. The squad were supposed to leave on Monday but KickOff in Africa have spoken to a source who told them "Some players were in the parking lot [of the Protea The Winkler Hotel] when I arrived. CAF did nothing wrong. They informed the team in advance that if they lost they would leave the next day, but the team is still there at the hotel.

"Togo were supposed to leave with the plane that dropped Ghana on Monday, but I'm told that [Emmanuel] Adebayor asked the players to stay because they were going to take a private jet home. So instead of going to Johannesburg first they would fly straight home. The private jet didn't arrive and in the end the players are now stuck."

It's not known where the Tottenham striker is and whether he arranged for another private jet. Some players are stranded at the hotel and KickOff confirmed yesterday afternoon that they were still there. The owners of the premises have had to contact the police to see what they should do.

Ade just...just get your shit together. Fucking hell.

Top Bottom