• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Clegg

so we're talking about chelsea-bayern again, ffs fry

This thread sucks. I preferred the simpler times when we'd just talk about cheese and Lolerpool. Now we argue with each other, call each other's teams cunt hairs, chastise people for posting in capitals, call Fry a cunt.

I wish that just for one day, we could call Fry a cunt and not have to worry about the other things
Fuck off you rug munching, alopecian knobber.

FootballFan

Loooooooooooool well played, sir.

I refrain from prefacing 'sir' with 'good' because you are a cuntflap.

:(

HMciD6K.png

Fry

so we're talking about chelsea-bayern again, ffs fry

This thread sucks. I preferred the simpler times when we'd just talk about cheese and Lolerpool. Now we argue with each other, call each other's teams cunt hairs, chastise people for posting in capitals, call Fry a cunt.

I wish that just for one day, we could call Fry a cunt and not have to worry about the other things

iTGFKKtoG7j2t.gif

arkon

The new anime is very good. I've never watched the original series though, as a point of reference.

I've only watched a few eps of the new version. It looked good but I preferred the original. It has better music and a slightly darker tone which the newer anime doesn't really touch upon apart from a few scenes.

Ah. Cool.

Might be something to check out if I ever decide to go through it again. Would definitely need a refresher after all this time.

Wilbur

Banned
More importantly, what will your formation/line-up be?

I think:

Lindegaard
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Buttner
Valencia - Cleverley - Anderson - Young
Hernandez - Kagawa

Plastic chicken griller like you wouldn't know.

Who has time for football when there is 40 butterfly chicken breasts that need putting in the oven?

I'm so pissed I missed CL this week. Missing it next week as well, 6 to 10 Tuesday and 5 to close Wednesday. But I already booked off the day for the home leg at Old Trafford, fuck working for that shit.

Will book off the final just in case <3

arkon

I think:

Lindegaard
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Buttner
Valencia - Cleverley - Anderson - Young
Hernandez - Kagawa

Who has time for football when there is 40 butterfly chicken breasts that need putting in the oven?

I'm so pissed I missed CL this week. Missing it next week as well, 6 to 10 Tuesday and 5 to close Wednesday. But I already booked off the day for the home leg at Old Trafford, fuck working for that shit.

Will book off the final just in case <3

That's what it was like for me last year. Working monday-fridays 3-10.30pm. Missed so much United lols :(

This year my Tuesdays and Wednesdays are totally free!

GorillaJu

I'm not an "anime fan" in that I don't keep up with what's going on, but I can't understand people who completely disregard all Japanese cartoons as if they're cut from exactly the same cloth.

For example Monster and Hajime no Ippo are two long series that I've watched and they're every bit as good as the best of American TV.. I can't list too many because I'll be honest I'm not too familiar with a lot of what's out there myself.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not an "anime fan" in that I don't keep up with what's going on, but I can't understand people who completely disregard all Japanese cartoons as if they're cut from exactly the same cloth.

For example Monster and Hajime no Ippo are two long series that I've watched and they're every bit as good as the best of American TV.. I can't list too many because I'll be honest I'm not too familiar with a lot of what's out there myself.

Just too much of it, wouldn't know where to start. Plus like Fry said, I don't really have the time. Work, social life, uni is all absolutely piling up right now. This is the first night I've slept in my own house since Sunday

jtb

Banned

American TV is shit. Actually TV in general is pretty terrible across the board.

arkon

Yeah. It's no different to any medium really, in that there's some quality stuff that's worth checking out.

Wilbur

Banned
American TV is shit. Actually TV in general is pretty terrible across the board.

Breaking Bad and Parks are the shining lights

Ever since The Thick Of It finished here I've watched fuck all... unless Peep Show was after, but that wasn't as good as past series.

Should catch up on Black Mirror actually.

Salazar

Liverpool v Swansea is shaping up beautifully

Bless said:
It will be interesting to see how the much lauded passing game that has been laid down at Swansea is played by a set of relatively cheap and unknown players up against the expensively assembled of players we have. It will be a test of just how far we have managed to adopt the approach, a bit like looking in the mirror.

Really now? All the best TV shows come from the states. A lot of shit too but that's life

It's with most things yeah, a lot of shit, but some real gems there if you want to look for it just a little bit. Mad men and Breaking Bad are some of the greatest shows I have watched and they are going on right now, so would say television is pretty damn good. Hate how even Discovery channel has turned into scripted reality shows now though, that is the worst. :(

Top Bottom