• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

FootballFan

yrvCQ5c.jpg

faridmon

Bet none of you have seen Ganbare Kickers. That is the ultimate way to show you aren't part of the mainstream like Fry8.

H9NWJLn.jpg

edit
We really have become Anime-GAF :lol.

Invite them!!

don't

I have watched this when I was a kid, I think, but I can' remember anything about it.
I remember Captain Tsubasa though:

captaintsu.jpg

xintin

Torres was inspired by Captain Tsubasa. SO I GUESS WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME!
edit - regarding anime, i've become a sucker for anything from Shaft Animation. Style > Substance.

Fry

Today I walked inside my boss office (we have moved to a new place, this is the first time I'm seeing his office), and he had a few of his stuff placed there in his shelf.

There was a football there. A champions league one. I thought it was fucking awesome.

arkon

I have watched both of them and loved them from start to finish so the joke is on you.

Fuck Dennou Coil was so good. Too bad they didn't made the money so Iso is out of commission. Dat Animation.

Yeah. Dennou Coil is awesome. Beard wars ep was fantastic.

Clegg

Water Seven was great.

Anybody read/watch Hunter x Hunter? It was so good up until the Chimera Ants arc.
I think HxH is the best shonen out there. And the Chimaera arc is much better when read as a whole rather than weekly installments. In terms of quality its miles better than most manga. In terms of shonen only Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece are on the same level quality wise.

We just need Togashi to start doing more HxH again. He's an absolute bastard for taking a hiatus right after her revealed the new continent.

arkon

Water Seven was great.

Anybody read/watch Hunter x Hunter? It was so good up until the Chimera Ants arc.

I watched the first anime ages ago. Really good stuff. I was going to catch up on the manga but seeing how Togashi has become a running joke in most manga circles I participate in, yeah, I've decided to hold off on that shit.

arkon

Bloody hell, I might re-watch that again. One of my favourite Anime of all time. That ending was PERFECT.

I would be tempted, if I ever run out of new anime to watch. Don't see that happening any time soon though. I'm sure I will eventually go back and revisit some of my favourites.

Clegg

I watched the first anime ages ago. Really good stuff. I was going to catch up on the manga but seeing how Togashi has become a running joke in most manga circles I participate in, yeah, I've decided to hold off on that shit.
He's become a joke because he's the laziest fucker out there. But he's just so good at his job when he's bothered to do it.

When it gets going HxH is the best many a out there. The York Shin arc is one of the best things I've ever read in any manga. Its perfection.

Sloosha

York Shin is absolutely incredible. Was brilliantly seeing it again in the new HxH anime.

I think HxH is the best shonen out there. And the Chimaera arc is much better when read as a whole rather than weekly installments. In terms of quality its miles better than most manga. In terms of shonen only Full Metal Alchemist and One Piece are on the same level quality wise.

We just need Togashi to start doing more HxH again. He's an absolute bastard for taking a hiatus right after her revealed the new continent.

Yeah, I'll have to re-read it some time I guess - It just felt like a completely different series for me.

faridmon

I would be tempted, if I ever run out of new anime to watch. Don't see that happening any time soon though. I'm sure I will eventually go back and revisit some of my favourites.

To be fair, Dennou Coil would be one of the ones I would be tempted to re-watch. Those animations were pure sex.

FootballFan

I don't understand any of the words in this thread.

When can we talk about formations and masturbating again

I am understanding half of it so far, just hold on mate. It will be over soon.

Anime is pretty awesome tbh, except for that stupid little cute girly stuff. I don't understand it or the point of it.

faridmon

I liked this discussion more before you guys started to suck on SHAFT's shaft.

SHAFT is the best thing that happened to the industry in 10 years. Everything else that contradict this is LIE, pure and utter fabrication. I know it, you know it, everyone with a small grey cells know it. Now just open your eyes and see the beauty that is created by SHAFT.

arkon

He's become a joke because he's the laziest fucker out there. But he's just so good at his job when he's bothered to do it.

When it gets going HxH is the best many a out there. The York Shin arc is one of the best things I've ever read in any manga. Its perfection.

Yeah. This is what I hear all the time from mates. I would almost be tempted to catch up if there were a decent jumping off point. I haven't really followed it closely enough to know.

What's the new anime version like? Anyone checked that out?

pulga

Banned
I honestly believe that is bull crap, opponents, coaches, fans, everyone, they all say he is humble and nice. I don't see how he can hide a John Terry inside him for 25 years.

Because he's a little HGH powered robot molded and conditioned by years of Barca puppetry. Duh. He's a closet cunt.

Sloosha

Yeah. This is what I hear all the time from mates. I would almost be tempted to catch up if there were a decent jumping off point. I haven't really followed it closely enough to know.

The new anime is very good. I've never watched the original series though, as a point of reference.

Clegg

I've only watched a few eps of the new version. It looked good but I preferred the original. It has better music and a slightly darker tone which the newer anime doesn't really touch upon apart from a few scenes.

Wilbur

Banned
let's anal fist you

so we're talking about chelsea-bayern again, ffs fry

It sucks almost as bad as video games.

This thread sucks. I preferred the simpler times when we'd just talk about cheese and Lolerpool. Now we argue with each other, call each other's teams cunt hairs, chastise people for posting in capitals, call Fry a cunt.

I wish that just for one day, we could call Fry a cunt and not have to worry about the other things

Top Bottom