• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

faridmon

I say ditch the WiiU. The tech is terribly old and unoptimiesd and the software release is very slow and unintresting (broadly speaking)

3DS, however, is something I can get behind. The software release this year is awesome.

Linius

I don't see how consumers not falling for a shit console is bad. It's very much a good thing. Unless you were silly enough to buy one; then all I can suggest is that you live and learn.

I mean bad for Nintendo. I'm no Wii U fan either :p

I say ditch the WiiU. The tech is terribly old and unoptimiesd and the software release is very slow and unintresting (broadly speaking)

3DS, however, is something I can get behind. The software release this year is awesome.

For now I'm interested in: Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi RPG, Pokémon X/Y, Lego City and DKC port (don't have the Wii version). It's an awesome year for the 3DS.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wait Livermore and Naughton are playing CB for the U21s? Interesting.

If he played for Arsenal you'd write 1000 word essays on every page about why he's overrated.

Every PL player is overrated by the media. When Ashley Cole clears a ball off the line with his arse, when Joe Hart saves a penalty, when Bale scores a free kick, when Ben Arfa dribbles past someone, when Walcott scores a tap-in, etc.

Tc91

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "I got sent off to balance the tournament. Being the world's best player is a tough task"

Did he really say that?

BDJIjXfCcAA1OAk.jpg:large

:lol :lol :lol

Zabojnik

Yeah, and instead we could have been subjected to the same old shit again and again with a prettier coat of paint...oh wait, that's exactly what happened this gen...and will happen again next gen.

... and everybody (well, the majority) is excited, while nobody (well, the majority) cares about motion controllers. It should tell you something. Well, not *you*, apparently, but, you know.

GorillaJu

Hopefully we get to see some Cou vs Swansea this weekend. The rest of the squad has got to be knackered after the two games this week and traveling to Russia.

Not getting excite over Januzaj yet. Fergie all but said the same about Pogba.
He did, but he wasn't being disingenuous.

I don't think Januzaj will be getting any first team action anytime soon, Fergie is probably just acknowledging the rate of his progress and rewarding that with his praise. Also gives him something to aim for.

Capital One cup minutes next season most likely, think he still qualifies for the Youth Cup next year too. He's looked as good as Ravel of Pogba did at youth level. Long way to go yet but he's talented.

Powell needs a loan if we can't get him involved with the first team more often. Too good for the u21 level.

He did, but he wasn't being disingenuous.

I don't think Januzaj will be getting any first team action anytime soon, Fergie is probably just acknowledging the rate of his progress and rewarding that with his praise. Also gives him something to aim for.

Capital One cup minutes next season most likely, think he still qualifies for the Youth Cup next year too. He's looked as good as Ravel of Pogba did at youth level. Long way to go yet but he's talented.

Powell needs a loan if we can't get him involved with the first team more often. Too good for the u21 level.

We need to be on the ball more about this. Helped Welbeck so much.

Ushojax

Sounds like we've missed about 3 or 4 excellent chances in the U21 game. United equaliser incoming.

Spurs have such a good u21 team. Some of these guys will definitely make it to their senior squad at some stage.

Our team isn't exactly great but they dominated that first half..

Usho, who's the biggest prospect in this Spurs u21 squad?

Sounds like we've missed about 3 or 4 excellent chances in the U21 game. United equaliser incoming.
We only had one chance, and that was offside lol

Salazar

We'll send him to West Ham, mere days before Sam gets unceremoniously Rodrik Cassel'd, and he'll struggle for minutes under a new, dim, petrified manager - possibly Phil Brown.

Ushojax

Spurs have such a good u21 team. Some of these guys will definitely make it to their senior squad at some stage.

Our team isn't exactly great but they dominated that first half..

Usho, who's the biggest prospect in this Spurs u21 squad?

Of the ones who are playing, Ceballos and Carroll. Both very good on the ball, a bit slight but like Modric they can hold off a challenge and turn away from trouble. Luongo is a decent prospect as well, good all round midfielder.

We've actually sorted out some impressive loan deals for a few U21 players, Ryan Mason who is normally the captain has gone to Lorient, Falque has gone to Almeria, Coulibaly to Grosetto in Serie B.

Gareth Bale is 23.

Some people think Neymar is this and that while playing in Brazil (where Ronaldinho can standout at this stage).

It's completely normal to think at this point that Gareth Bale has the potential to play at a similar level that Ronaldo, when he is 23 and he is doing the damage in the PL. And because he has similar attributes, although not all of them.

It will all depend on how he improves, and his career choices I guess but if I was a club with money I would think Gareth Bale is one of the best buys right now.

Clegg

You can be sure that inteest will increase in Januzaj will increase because of these Fergie quotes.

I don't want another Pogba situation to happen.

Sounds like Moyes is preparing to leave Everton.

Says he won't consider a new deal until the end of the season (when his current deal expires).

Noirulus

Gareth Bale is 23.

Some people think Neymar is this and that while playing in Brazil (where Ronaldinho can standout at this stage).

It's completely normal to think at this point that Gareth Bale has the potential to play at a similar level that Ronaldo, when he is 23 and he is doing the damage in the PL. And because he has similar attributes, although not all of them.

It will all depend on how he improves, and his career choices I guess but if I was a club with money I would think Gareth Bale is one of the best buys right now.

While it's certainly possible, I personally don't think Bale will ever reach to become the type of player Ronaldo has.

By all means I hope he proves me wrong, though.

Ushojax

Bale only knows how to run in a straight line.

Yes, that explains his two goals from dead balls yesterday.

United just equalised, right on cue. Jammy swines.

EDIT: lol we took the lead again

dat taste of your own medicine

Yes, that explains his two goals from dead balls yesterday.

United just equalised, right on cue. Jammy swines.

EDIT: lol we took the lead again

dat taste of your own medicine

Miles,
Byrne, Naughton, Livermore, Fryers,
Luongo, Parrett, Carroll,
Obika, Kane, Ceballos

Livermore and Naughton are CBs?

Wtf?

Very strong team though, can't believe Parrett is knocking around still, had such high hopes when he joined.

Of the ones who are playing, Ceballos and Carroll. Both very good on the ball, a bit slight but like Modric they can hold off a challenge and turn away from trouble. Luongo is a decent prospect as well, good all round midfielder.

We've actually sorted out some impressive loan deals for a few U21 players, Ryan Mason who is normally the captain has gone to Lorient, Falque has gone to Almeria, Coulibaly to Grosetto in Serie B.

You forgot dat Pritchard although obviously he's on loan/injured right now. I have many gifs of him banging in free kicks that I will use when the time is right. I'm not sure the U21s side is that great, it's just there are a lot of players that have played together for s very long time. I mean Obika scores goals for fun, but he'll never make it with us.

According to one of the guys that goes to a lot of the youth games the better prospects are in the U18 side, although they are not as good as a group. There's three players in particular that are all in the England youth teams.

Ushojax

So he can take free kicks.

Whoop de doo.

So can Ryan Taylor.

AHA

So you admit he can do more than run in a straight line!

tumblr_mc0oziSXaA1ri08goo1_500.gif

You forgot dat Pritchard. I have many gifs of him banging in free kicks that I will use when the time is right. I'm not sure the U21s side is that great, it's just there are a lot of players that have played together for s very long time. I mean Obika scores goals for fun, but he'll never make it with us.

According to one of the guys that goes to a lot of the youth games the better prospects are in the U18 side, although they are not as good as a group. There's three players in particular that are all in the England youth teams.

Of course Pritchard, I forgot about him somehow. Shame he got a nasty ankle injury, he's back with us for treatment now. I forgot about Adam Smith as well, that guy is going to be amazing.

The Russian stays, he's on his bill, and he's a good laugh. Consolidating the mass lump of nothingness into one Viva-shape mouthpiece.

One life.

Look at what you've been reduced to Arnie. Speaking in poorly constructed metaphors and colloquialisms, much like your ill-fated manager. Free yourself from Brentan's stranglehold on you, the false hope, the insincere bon mots, the disappointment. Embrace the fact that your football team isn't that great. It's fine! Lots of other football teams aren't very good too. You're in the majority. Isn't that comforting? We may all have a laugh at Liverpool's expense, but the mockery largely stems from their fans' severe overestimation of them. Just take a breath and say: 'I'm a Liverpool fan, and it's ok that we're not very good and the we're a spent force in world football'. You'll feel so much better for it.

<3 Arnie

Also the keeper Jordan Archer is on loan at somewhere. He got attacked by a fan a few weeks ago and the rest of the squad were ripping into him on twitter.

Kyoufu

I was talking about his dribbling ability!

He's definitely a very good player but I think it's crazy to compare him to Cristiano.

I was talking about his dribbling ability!

He's definitely a very good player but I think it's crazy to compare him to Cristiano.

Why? The attributes are very similar, can you name another winger in the premiership with a more rounded skill set? Plus he is a massive admirer of Ronaldo so he has worked on copying some of his moves/skills.

I can't think of any other winger who has developed their overall game since Ronaldo at United. Not saying he is AS GOOD as Ronaldo but the comparison is there. Peoples problem is that they think when you compare something you're saying it's as good, no you just draw similar comparisons and they are both very similar players. It's the same with Ronaldo Vs Messi, both are obviously the two best players in the world but are very different style of players.

They're both (Ronale and Banaldo) 1.86m for a start according to google...

GorillaJu

His dribbling ability isn't on Cristiano's level, but a lot of what he did at United was flair and meaningless. Bale is a very direct player, much like how Cristiano plays at Real.

I don't think the comparison is that far off. Bale has a long way to go to be the same quality as Ronaldo, but they're clearly quite similar players.

Kyoufu

Why? The attributes are very similar, can you name another winger in the premiership with a more rounded skill set? Plus he is a massive admirer of Ronaldo so he has worked on copying some of his moves/skills.

I can't think of any other winger who has developed their overall game since Ronaldo at United. Not saying he is AS GOOD as Ronaldo but the comparison is there. Peoples problem is that they think when you compare something you're saying it's as good, no you just draw similar comparisons and they are both very similar players.

They're both 1.86m for a start according to google...

Gabriel Obertan.

A legend back in Mars.

fuenf

I think I've made a terrible mistake, I'm going to see Die Hard 5 today instead of the Bayern game :(

Welp, at least it's up to 13% rotten now.

K1LLER7

Bale is pretty much a one footed Ronaldo :p

He's similar in the way they play but he's not as clinical imo. Also, United dealt with him by doubling up on him. Ronaldo has that happen to him every week yet he still produces the goods. I don't think he'll ever be as good as him. Bale will have to get used to teams man marking him and doubling up on him. He has to use that to help his teammates. I'd compare him more to the likes of Ribery, Reus, Robben(on form).

Top Bottom