• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

WJD

Agree, Reach and Halo 4 rubbed me the wrong way. Wouldn't say Reach was an indictment of Bungie, though, think it was just them stretching their wings but limited by the franchise they were contractually obliged to develop. Audience expectations play into the disappointment, too.

Halo 4 is very much an indictment of 343, though. My pessimism for the franchise going forward hasn't been lower.

Pretty much my sentiments. Halo 3 online is probably the most fun I've had this gen and Reach and especially 4 just feel so far away from what made those couple of years in Halo 3 so enjoyable and replayable. So considering 343 seem to be galloping away indefinitely into the distance with their skewed take on probably my favourite franchise ever, I'm putting an awful lot of hope into Bungie and Destiny.

Come on you cunts, do it right.

Arnie

Something something Space Wank Something Something.

breach.jpg

Pretty much my sentiments. Halo 3 online is probably the most fun I've had this gen and Reach and especially 4 just feel so far away from what made those couple of years in Halo 3 so enjoyable and replayable. So considering 343 seem to be galloping away indefinitely into the distance with their skewed take on probably my favourite franchise ever, I'm putting an awful lot of hope into Bungie and Destiny.

Come on you cunts, do it right.
Brofist.

Halo 3 multiplayer was sublime. ODST was sublime (Firefight, jesus that was good). Reach campaign was sublime (that ending). Bungie and Valve are the kings, for me. Haven't experienced Blizzard games.

Thinking about it, we should have let Lewy go to United this summer.

Imagine that world:
Lewandowski to United
RVP to City
RVP instantly injured
United without a huge lead in the PL
Pep pissed cause he can't get a proper striker at Bayern and goes back to Barca

would be perfect

Fry

I'm only getting excited about next gen after finishing GTA V.

Have barely played Xbox in the past few months. Bought Hitman; finished in a week (mostly because I hadn't played anything for months before it. Bought Fifa 13: played like crazy for 1 month, then dropped. Halo 4> played for... 3 weeks?.

I liked both, but I just don't have that geist for video-games anymore.

faridmon

Got paid 200 quid for one weeks work. Got 1100 quid in my bank account to last me until April (not including what I make every week)

Student loans you are my saviour

What should I buy guys? An AK47? A prostitute? Andy Carroll?

Box set of Rosario + Vampire.

vqtSp70.gif

The company bonus is later in the year :)

This is repayment for holiday that our nightshift were accidentally (lol) robbed of over the last 4 years
Oh lol.

I have two weeks off from the beginning of March, my birthday is on the 14th :p

Might do the same as you and book the two weeks off for The Last of Us :lol

Hixx

I really hope Destiny is ok to play Solo. I love co-op but I have to be in the mood for it and I have less time and patience for it these days :(

Kyoufu

I liked Halo 3 single player (co-op) but multiplayer made me nauseous. I'm not sure if it was the morons on XBL or the 30 FPS gameplay. I don't usually have a problem with frame rates, but I could not play that.

I'll check out Destiny though.

Gambit

So Lewandowski coming to Bayern is apparently through ? Not sure if I like that. Hopefully we won't have to spend too much money. Also I like Gomez. :(

same here. Wish he didn't come to Bayern. He is great, but I don't particularly like him (or rather his agent). Sheding a tear for Gomez...

Destiny probably isn't gonna be the smash hit Bungie wants.

I sense Bungie going back to the status they had before Halo. Just like Id was never the same after peaking.

Obviously they are gonna try to milk the Halo connection, but I have a feeling Destiny is gonna be just another franchise out there.

Arnie

I sense Bungie going back to the status they had before Halo. Just like Id was never the same after peaking.

Obviously they are gonna try to milk the Halo connection, but I have a feeling Destiny is gonna be just another franchise out there.

Have a feeling you're completely wrong.

Jason Jones has been working on this for a long time.

Famous last words

Fingers crossed for PC version.

Fry

So Lewandowski coming to Bayern is apparently through ? Not sure if I like that. Hopefully we won't have to spend too much money. Also I like Gomez. :(

same here. Wish he didn't come to Bayern. He is great, but I don't particularly like him (or rather his agent). Sheding a tear for Gomez...

Hate this. Gomez is treated unfairly and should not leave.

Noirulus

You can have it, Modric+20 millions for Aguero.

Why would you want Aguero? He's a good player, but we already have Benzema and Higuain.

Our strikers aren't a problem, it's Mourinho's system which doesn't utilize strikers to their fullest potential that is the problem. We always seem to be playing from the wing when we're at the opponent's box rather than going down the middle. It's fucking frustrating and no striker in the world can drastically change that.

I've mentioned earlier that I wanted Madrid to buy a new striker, but I no longer think that would be a favorable move.

Wilbur

Banned
Just me who doesn't think Aguero is amazing?

Like, he's very good. But his finishing isn't superlative, he isn't the strongest dribbler, he sometimes seems on the periphery of games, never really grabs one by the scruff of the neck.

Cue aguerooooooo gifs etc etc, but I dunno. Strikes me as an extremely naturally talented player who doesn't necessarily translate that into impressive performances a lot of the time. Even his goal at Anfield which was praised a fair amount was just hit and hope for me. Runs around and will always put an effort in (which is more than can be said than for the likes of Dzeko/Balotelli) but when he's on the ball I don't get this surge of expectancy like I do with RVP, Suarez, Messi, even Tevez.

pappe

Why would you want Aguero? He's a good player, but we already have Benzema and Higuain.

Our strikers aren't a problem, it's Mourinho's system which doesn't utilize strikers to their fullest potential that is the problem. We always seem to be playing from the wing when we're at the opponent's box rather than going down the middle. It's fucking frustrating and no striker in the world can drastically change that.

I've mentioned earlier that I wanted Madrid to buy a new striker, but I no longer think that would be a favorable move.
Why shouldn't you play down the wings when you have one of the best players in the world in your squad and he prefers playing down the Wing. You should always play to your strengths and he is your biggest strength.

Zabojnik

Ah, I wouldn't judge it just yet. I doubt Bungie are creating 'just another FPS'!

I just don't have it in me to get excited about a 'classic' FPS, I guess. I tried to pick up Crysis 2 from where I left it two years ago (an hour or so in), I installed the MaLDoHD mod and everything ... Nothing. Got bored to tears after 20mins. Point, shoot, point, shoot, point, shoot. Multiplayer does nothing for me, so, yeah. I'll stick to first-person games with rpg elements.

Like, he's very good. But his finishing isn't superlative, he isn't the strongest dribbler, he sometimes seems on the periphery of games, never really grabs one by the scruff of the neck.

Cue aguerooooooo gifs etc etc, but I dunno. Strikes me as an extremely naturally talented player who doesn't necessarily translate that into impressive performances a lot of the time. Even his goal at Anfield which was praised a fair amount was just hit and hope for me. Runs around and will always put an effort in (which is more than can be said than for the likes of Dzeko/Balotelli) but when he's on the ball I don't get this surge of expectancy like I do with RVP, Suarez, Messi, even Tevez.

Completely agreed. He's basically Rooney with less teamwork ability at the moment. Certainly no better than Yesil

Gambit

Hate this. Gomez is treated unfairly and should not leave.

100% agreed. Gomez is a great guy and always had to fight an uphill battle at Bayern. First with van Gaal, now again. I am sure Pep would have improved him further.

Lewandowski is actually going to Bayern? Damn. Must suck for Dortmund.

They'll be rewarded generously I expect. Also, it was clear Lewa would go somewhere, but they probably didn't want to give him to Bayern. (And I don't want him anymore, although I really did before we bought Mandzukic).

Fry

Heh yeah. I dunno, Lewandowski is good but is he that good? As in top top level. I'm not sure. He'll be good for Bayern's general play though.

I think he'll work out very well (see Mandzukic), probably even better.

But I just wish Gomez got his place back, so having Lewa isn't going to help that.

Arnie

Completely agreed. He's basically Rooney with less teamwork ability at the moment. Certainly no better than Yesil

Is this some absurd in joke I've missed out on?

I just don't have it in me to get excited about a 'classic' FPS, I guess. I tried to pick up Crysis 2 from where I left it two years ago (an hour or so in), I installed the MaLDoHD mod and everything ... Nothing. Got bored to tears after 20mins. Point, shoot, point, shoot, point, shoot. Multiplayer does nothing for me, so, yeah. I'll stick to first-person games with rpg elements.

My point was I don't expect it to just be a 'classic' FPS ;)

Noirulus

Why shouldn't you play down the wings when you have one of the best players in the world in your squad and he prefers playing down the Wing. You should always play to your strengths and he is your biggest strength.

Because as you saw in the Man United - Madrid game, the strikers are under-utilized and we look completely aimless at times. Once a team figures out this weakness, it's easy to deal with.

Wilbur

Banned

Yesil :lol

Thing is with Rooney though, and you rightfully mention the teamwork aspect, but I still feel like Waz has it in him to take a game that isn't really going the way of the team and change it. He doesn't do it too often nowadays but I still feel like he has that in him.

Whereas Aguero's eagerness to run around and get himself everywhere could be mistaken for that as opposed to just a lot of energy.

Top Bottom