• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Let's talk honestly about Lewandowski to Bayern.

The facts:
It's not done yet. Lewy wants to go to Bayern for whatever reason and Bayern wants him. But BVB hasn't agreed a deal yet.

My opinion:
Bayern is giving the media "sources" that the deal is done, Lewy agreed, etc. Why? To annoy our whole club. The way they play in this transfer, the only way to end the shit is to agree a deal in the near future and that's what they want.

Conclusion:
Fuck Bayern

Wilbur

Banned
I was lolling at BRod before it was cool

But it must have been wonderful for you to watch the team everyone talked about

Don't think BRod is a bad manager. His passing style is good.

I just think the Liverpool signings this season have been woeful. Fire their scout, whoever it is.

I think he's good but right now making a few mistakes that wouldn't matter as much at a side with less pressure than Liverpool.

Read an interview with Gerrard and Carragher in this months FourFourTwo where as a positive they said that if their plan A isn't working, there is no plan B or C and they're expected to persevere with A until they make the breakthrough. That's all well and good in the long run but speaks a little of naivety for Rodgers.

jtb

Banned

I just think the Liverpool signings this season have been woeful. Fire their scout, whoever it is.

That's partly Rodgers' fault though. Allen and Borini were both players he worked with before so I can only imagine he lobbied heavily for those buys.

And Sturridge's looked decent.

Blablurn

The facts:
It's not done yet. Lewy wants to go to Bayern for whatever reason and Bayern wants him. But BVB hasn't agreed a deal yet.

My opinion:
Bayern is giving the media "sources" that the deal is done, Lewy agreed, etc. Why? To annoy our whole club. The way they play in this transfer, the only way to end the shit is to agree a deal in the near future and that's what they want.

Conclusion:
Fuck Bayern

Hello Mr last week.

Edit: love bayern

Get well soon Principe. ;_;
223529_385305504902032_230761930_n.jpg

Drogba: 1 goal and 1 assist in his debut for Galatasaray.

Gambit

The facts:

My opinion:

Conclusion:
Fuck Bayern

You know, I don't even want him, but if it annoys the Dortmund fans enough, I might warm to the idea.

Arnie

Oh and I thought it was pretty funny when a Liverpool fan friend of mine on twitter said "Allen is SHITE!" :lol
Allen's shown more than enough at the start of his Liverpool career to convince me he is a good signing for the future. Borini's shown me naff all, to be honest, there's only so much I can say about good, positive running.

A larger problem is that we're buying young players, and it's difficult to judge a player of such an age, especially when they command a large fee. People will always judge them, even though it's wiser not to. Everyone does it, I do it, Zahahahaha, for example.

People said Henderson was shit, and he just isn't. Think Allen's got enough potential to come good, especially when he's already been really good at the start of the season.

Sloane

Banned

The facts:

My opinion:

Conclusion:
Fuck Bayern
Nah, deal is done, they just decided not to announce it yet for obvious reasons. Blame Lewandowski or deal with it.

Allen's shown more than enough at the start of his Liverpool career to convince me he is a good signing for the future. Borini's shown me naff all, to be honest, there's only so much I can say about good, positive running.

A larger problem is that we're buying young players, and it's difficult to judge a player of such an age, especially when the command a large fee. People will always judge them, even though it's wiser not to. Everyone does it, I do it, Zahahahaha, for example.

People said Henderson was shit, and he just isn't. Think Allen's got enough potential to come good, especially when he's already been really good at the start of the season.
That's the main problem IMO.

Who is the eldest player signed under Rodgers?

He's doing what I do on FM, signing only young players. Liverpool need a couple of players who are going to perform more consistently and immediately. Doesn't necessarily mean spending big money either.

Why I think signing somebody like Ince now, good as he may be, would be a luxury. Liverpool have enough young and promising forwards.

Oh and I thought it was pretty funny when a Liverpool fan friend of mine on twitter said "Allen is SHITE!" :lol

I kind of agree. There's a lot I admire about Rodgers, Ironically it's his reign at Liverpool that has won me around on him, despite them being in a less than stellar position. I wasn't convinced he was the real deal when he took over.

I'd love to see him at a top club, I imagine he could create a team that plays similar to Wenger's invincibles.

Kyoufu

I kind of agree. There's a lot I admire about Rodgers, Ironically it's his reign at Liverpool that has won me around on him, despite them being in a less than stellar position. I wasn't convinced he was the real deal when he took over.

I'd love to see him at a top club, I imagine he could create a team that plays similar to Wenger's invincibles.

Have you been drinking? :lol :lol

Gambit

Despite the goal, Mandzukic isn't wonderful today. I don't want him running around on the side all the time.

Schweinsteiger is playing for two today, as Gustavo is taking the day off.

spidye

Despite the goal, Mandzukic isn't wonderful today. I don't want him running around on the side all the time.

mandzukic has been vital for us. he's creating so much space for müller and kroos.
gustavo has to play much more games. he still isn't the old gustavo. totally out of loop after his injury

faridmon

But Bayern is still comfortable. I think Bastain si a machine that always work hard no matter what.

Meier

Seems like City fans feel the same way. As in they want another striker, Cavani or Falcao. Madness to me, think they've got 3 really really great strikers already and just need to find a way of getting the best out of them. Obv. you wouldn't say no to either of those two but I think they need a winger/forward and central midfielder far more urgently than a striker.

I wouldn't swap Rooney or RVP for any of theirs though. So maybe they could do better.

I think Aguero's divorce will be his undoing at City. He has played better since it became public knowledge at least.. maybe getting that burden out into the open will help. In time though, I have a feeling he'll want to leave since his wife isn't living in England any longer. Tevez is definitely off in the summer due to his desire to go back to Argentina.

Dzeko will probably be sold because he's not a Chicharito type player who is okay with getting his minutes when he gets them. He (Dzeko) is notably worse without frequent play... whether that is down to his attitude, I'm not sure. Unless we're playing Kolarov or Milner -- guys who are particularly effective at getting down the wing and sending in a ball, he isn't especially well-suited for the way City plays. Maybe whoever we replace Nasri with (fingers crossed) will fix this issue. Maybe it's permanently JM7, who knows.

I agree with you 100% though. We need to get rid of Nasri immediately and sign someone to replace him who provides a constant threat. Hazard would have been perfect in that role... defending against him, Silva and Toure in the midfield would be nearly impossible. Silva is having to do far too much this year because he's not getting the support Nasri should be providing. There is just no threat at all from him -- he is clearly switched off.

Gambit

mandzukic has been vital for us. he's creating so much space for müller and kroos.
gustavo has to play much more games. he still isn't the old gustavo. totally out of loop after his injury

Yes, he is creating space, but often loses the ball when doing so. that's what irritates me. (I know it's rather petty, but I think there's always room for improvement).

Gustavo really does need more games, yes.

But Bayern is still comfortable. I think Bastain si a machine that always work hard no matter what.

Agreed. At the moment Wolfsburg's pressure seems to be diminishing by the minute. The goal really deflated them.

spidye

Yes, he is creating space, but often loses the ball when doing so. that's what irritates me. (I know it's rather petty, but I think there's always room for improvement).

oh yeah. I agree with that. his passing has been really subpar this far

Is he good?

Haven't seen much of him at Anzhi, just the odd European games, seems to start often enough for them. He was amazing during his years in the Belgian league though, always looked too good to stay that long at Gent and Anderlecht. Usually doesn't mean much but you could tell he was special enough to succeed in a big league. His move to Anzhi caught everyone off guard.

Top Bottom