• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Salazar

Liverpool's MD reacts to the "stark contrast" in match day revenue between Man Utd and Liverpool, says they are missing out on 5 world class players as a result of not having a bigger stadia

I dunno what he considers "world class", but funding 5 of them with a stadium expansion sounds ambitious.

They could pinch City's shopping list

Isco
Cavani
Jovetic
Hummels
Moutinho

Blablurn

igzyb9zJGc4or.gif

Did someone see Neuer's save from yesterday? WOW!

fuenf

A shower of golassos:
ibaEuwnaCk93QL.gif

ibPzvMGsdu6jt.gif

iWOYiKNvb5LCw.gif

and:

igzyb9zJGc4or.gif

haha perfect, I just woke up and the last read button immediately took me to this post. This is the first time I've seen highlights of the game. Looks like a good game.

Die Hard 5 wasnt as bad as I expected it. It's not really a Die Hard, but it's a fun little action flick without any kind of real story. It could've been far worse, it could've been better.

The film felt like a Michael Bay film without MB's special sauce.

wished i had your betting swag :(

Sometimes bookies offer crazy high odds for a team. For example Auxerre were playing a side that hadn't won in 5 games and had a poor home record. Auxerre, on the other hand, had won their last 3 games and their last 3 away games. Yet the bookies offered 5/1 for them to win? "Yep, we'll have a bit of that" I thought to myself. The rest of the selections were no brainers. Or so I hope

Dortmund and Barca will probably lose now...

Blablurn

damn I missed this. is there a gif somewhere?

LOOK HERE!

igzyb9zJGc4or.gif

Sometimes bookies offer crazy high odds for a team. For example Auxerre were playing a side that hadn't won in 5 games and had a poor home record. Auxerre, on the other hand, had won their last 3 games and their last 3 away games. Yet the bookies offered 5/1 for them to win? "Yep, we'll have a bit of that" I thought to myself. The rest of the selections were no brainers. Or so I hope

Dortmund and Barca will probably lose now...

not too optimistic about dortmund either. frankfurt is fucking strong this year. gonna be a great game though.

Arnie

Purslow's a slime ball who thinks he knows more about football than he actually does. He's the man who swooped for Joe Cole beyond the wishes of Rafa and gave him the ludicrously generous contract.

Salazar

Purslow's a slime ball who thinks he knows more about football than he actually does. He's the man who swooped for Joe Cole beyond the wishes of Rafa and gave him the ludicrously generous contract.

Aye, that sounds like it.

A Manchester United footballer's vehicle has been involved in a collision with a police car.

Greater Manchester Police said a police driver had been suspended after a car crash involving the winger Nani.

Police said an unmarked police car responding to an emergency call was travelling along Gatley Road in Gatley, Stockport at about 18:40 GMT on Friday.

It collided with the 26-year-old player's Bentley Continental as the police car entered Kingsway junction.

Officers said a passenger in the police car received minor injuries and minor damage was caused to both vehicles.

A police spokesman said: "The police driver has been suspended from driving duties in line with normal procedure."

Portuguese footballer Luis Carlos Almeida da Cunha is commonly known as Nani.

Kenka

Well, why limit the comparision to de Gea ? There are many keepers out there who do similar saves. And Neuer is according to me far from being the best in the league. Trapp, Adler and ter Stegen are better. At this point, he is one among many but he has the confidence of the national team's coach. Also, this Celtic keeper is simply monstruous. So de Gea might be good but he still ranks on par/behind other young wolves and is not yet as good as Cech and Casillas.

Bundesliga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League.
Why do you disclose it ?

Wilbur

Banned
Well, why limit the comparision to de Gea ? There are many keepers out there who do similar saves. And Neuer is according to me far from being the best in the league. Trapp, Adler and ter Stegen are better. At this point, he is one among many but he has the confidence of the national team's coach.

Why do you disclose it ?

Because De Gea is the best keeper in world football so Neuer should be looking to emulate that.

consolidation

Well, why limit the comparision to de Gea ? There are many keepers out there who do similar saves. And Neuer is according to me far from being the best in the league. Trapp, Adler and ter Stegen are better. At this point, he is one among many but he has the confidence of the national team's coach.

Neuer is an overrated clown. I bet he still sleeps in Schlacke bed sheets.

Kenka

Because De Gea is the best keeper in world football so Neuer should be looking to emulate that.

consolidation
De Gea is not even first in Spain to begin with :p
Also, the Dutch keepers in the EPL are above him in terms of performance. But he is good, really good. We all recognize it. Simply not the best.

It's Bundesliga remember.
Lewandowski is basically RVP level over there.
Tough to say who is the RvP of the Bundesliga. Last year it was Huntelaar or Gomez. This year, it's Mandzu or Lewa.

Arnie

Can somebody give me a run down on te televised football in the UK today? I'm led in bed on my phone, all of my housemates have gone home or are away, and outside of masturbation and job hunting, football's my primary goal today.

fuenf

Well, why limit the comparision to de Gea ? There are many keepers out there who do similar saves. And Neuer is according to me far from being the best in the league. Trapp, Adler and ter Stegen are better. At this point, he is one among many but he has the confidence of the national team's coach. Also, this Celtic keeper is simply monstruous. So de Gea might be good but he still ranks on par/behind other young wolves and is not yet as good as Cech and Casillas.

That's crazy. You can't really compare Neuer to the GKs you mentioned. They get to save tons of shots because they play for (lesser) teams with shoddy defenses. If they save 8 out of 10 shot it's still a great game for them.

So

Arsenal = Dortmund
Nasri = Kagawa

?

don't insult Dortmund like that.

Can somebody give me a run down on te televised football in the UK today? I'm led in bed on my phone, all of my housemates have gone home or are away, and outside of masturbation and job hunting, football's my primary goal today.
ESPN 12.45 Milwall vs Luton
ITV1 18.00 Oldham vs Everton
ESPN 17.30 Dortmund vs Frankfurt
SSP1 19.30 Barca vs somebody

pulga

Banned
Who's he with? And I doubt they are pals, probably just saw each other and took a pic.

Kinda like that Messi and Matri photo in some random club.

edit
I see his identity was revealed and then faridmon overreacted. Never mind.

Messi has never scored against Chelsea, and Pep has never beaten us with an actual winning scoreline (1-1 to go through to CL final was with an away goal).
Ronaldo didn't score against Barca in his first 8 games or so. Things can change ;)

My god man, can't someone mention one of them without you bringing up the other? I've seen this behavior in IRL before, but you've taken it to a whole nother level :lol Dat inferiority complex.

Now queu your shitty Ronaldo overlay gif you're just dying to use.

Top Bottom