• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yen

Actually watched some Liverpool foetus footage.

Jerome Sinclair is pretty good. Jack Dunn, too.
Ibe too. Reckon he'll be the next to make his debut.
(though I had better things to do than watch Liverpool U18s vs Histon U18s)
And McLaughlin too.

arkon

I just can't imagine somebody with Carragher's robotic movement and lack of technique and technical ability playing up front. He must have grown quicker than everyone else in his age group to the point that he was used as a target man

He had good feet for a big man, probably.

Arnie

Brendan Rodgers derided his side as not having enough men. But is there a lack of leaders in teams throughout the league now?

What's more frustrating is he's had two transfer windows to put this right, and hasn't made a step towards doing so. Not all bad, though. Sturridge isn't a leader, but he's class. He's done great work coaching and promoting some of the kids, who will be vital in the future. He's tied down our best experienced players on new contracts, and he's improved some of the failing players at the club.

Still, want to see him go after 'leaders' in the summer. Men, beards, broad shoulders.

In the meantime I'll continue to cry and be cunty.

Brendan Rodgers derided his side as not having enough men. But is there a lack of leaders in teams throughout the league now?

Its not about individual leaders for me, its about having players throughout the team who will try and take a game by the scruff of the neck, or fight tooth and nail for the team. We used to have Kuyt, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher, Torres, Reina doing their utmost to help us win games. Now our only regular players who will not accept coasting through games are Suarez, Gerrard, Johnson and Carragher. And Johnson loses focus a lot.

Salazar

I might need help/advice in acquiring a Portland Thorns shirt at some point in the nearish future

prZojgq.png

It's just so fucking boss.

EDIT: They ship international. YEEAAH

GorillaJu

Sinclair looks good.

Mclaughlin's my favourite, though. Technically sublime little right back. Got a great beard for his age, too.

Better for him to focus his attentions on youngsters who'll actually have a future in the English top flight.

McLaughlin's my pick too. Very entertaining player, I feel like he has a higher ceiling than most of our academy.

We have a decent crop coming through though, all told. All the names you mentioned, plus Joao Carlos and Marc Pelosi all look pretty good.

Arnie

Its not about individual leaders for me, its about having players throughout the team who will try and take a game by the scruff of the neck, or fight tooth and nail for the team. We used to have Kuyt, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Carragher, Torres, Reina doing their utmost to help us win games. Now our only regular players who will not accept coasting through games are Suarez, Gerrard, Johnson and Carragher. And Johnson loses focus a lot.

Henderson will fill at least one gap.

Believe.

McLaughlin's my pick too. Very entertaining player, I feel like he has a higher ceiling than most of our academy.

We have a decent crop coming through though, all told. All the names you mentioned, plus Joao Carlos and Marc Pelosi all look pretty good.

Still not sold on Pelosi, but Joao is meant to be really good, and impressed against us for Sporting before we snapped him up. I watched that game and remember thinking he was class.

GorillaJu

^ Henderson has the tatitude, but does he have the quality? IMO if he could contribute more to attack he'd be up there with Suarez and Stevie as our best players. As it is, he keeps the ball moving but doesn't get us on the score sheet as much as I'd hope. His goal a few weeks ago was sublime, though.

Salazar

Iain Macintosh ‏@iainmacintosh
I can't believe Wenger is risking Vermaelen for this. If he gets injured, you'll hear the laughter from Munich just by opening your window.

loool

Former Liverpool player Xabi Alonso says he is still a fan of the club despite leaving Anfield in 2009.

Alonso moved to Spanish side Real Madrid for £30m four years ago but says he still feels "really attached" to the Merseyside club.

The Spaniard also reveals that the summer before his move the club told him he was not as "important" to their plans as he thought he was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21485187?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Meier

I wanna take this moment to say that Quiche is the fucking man! What a super nice and generous guy. Gifted me FTL on Steam out or nowhere -- really appreciate it, bud!

I might need help/advice in acquiring a Portland Thorns shirt at some point in the nearish future

http://i.imgur.com/prZojgq.png[iMG]

It's just so fucking boss.

[B]EDIT[/B]: They ship international. YEEAAH[/QUOTE]
Wow that's absolute class. Love it.

Arnie

^ Henderson has the tatitude, but does he have the quality? IMO if he could contribute more to attack he'd be up there with Suarez and Stevie as our best players. As it is, he keeps the ball moving but doesn't get us on the score sheet as much as I'd hope. His goal a few weeks ago was sublime, though.

Your opening question reminded me of a Shania Twain song.

At 23 he's got sufficient quality to convince me that in a year or two he'll be really good.

I wanna take this moment to say that Quiche is the fucking man! What a super nice and generous guy. Gifted me FTL on Steam out or nowhere -- really appreciate it, bud!
He went on a massive gifting spree around Christmas. I got Arkham Asylum out of the blue. After that, he asked some more Gaffers if they'd like a game on Steam. Simply amazing guy.

Meier

He went on a massive gifting spree around Christmas. I got Arkham Asylum out of the blue. After that, he asked some more Gaffers if they'd like a game on Steam. Simply amazing guy.
Yeah he said since he missed out on giving me something then he decided he'd get me FTL when it went on sale. What a lovely surprise.

Young Rekik is in Blackburn's side today on the bench. Wish he were starting!

rvy

Banned
1 - Szczesny
22 - Coquelin
5 - Vermaelen
6 - Koscielny
17 - Monreal
2 - Diaby
8 - Arteta
7 - Rosicky
15 - Oxlade-Chamberlain
27 - Gervinho
12 - Giroud

IT'S TIME. OPEN THOSE BUMHOLES.

GorillaJu

Blackburn barely in this game but still managed to whip up half a chance. Seems their physicality could be a problem for Arsenal if they continue like they are now.

GolazoDan

MASS CELEBRATIONS. After months of searching for a lost cartridge I have found my Mario 3D Land, :-D. Now, is the new Paper Mario worth getting? Heard it's not so hot but there's the topic in gaming where there are people who like it a lot, people who dislike it a lot.

Top Bottom