• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Blablurn

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg

Tc91

Thanks man <3. Haha I was on google trying to find a good quality one for like 10 minutes lol.

I was googling for "angry Ronaldo gif"

This kept coming up:

QNK1Acd.gif

:lol it's a good one too.

edit
Just noticed Pique staring at him haha.

Hahahaha I don't know why but that has just had me laughing my head off.

Salazar

The "Phil Jones as a midfield solution" mugs are the new winners of the irritate Salazar shield.

Arnie retains the original shield in perpetuity, of course.

It's the only PL match tomorrow and it's not on UK tv?

It was moved at pretty short notice when Swansea reached the CC final and we were both knocked out of the FA Cup I think. The channels have other matches/live programming scheduled, and its the only day that really makes sense for the clubs and fans. Annoying but understandable in the context of the Brits having the most difficulty accessing their own league matches because of attendance fears :(

Arnie

Did you try PAD? Seems inconsistent verging on poor, from what Kyoufu's said

It was great for me initially, but then I encountered a problem that prevented me from watching anything on my Mac, so I didn't resubscribe. Had no qualms with the quality of it, just that I couldn't watch anything. Interestingly the problem occurred, or at least I first noticed it, on January 1st.

bjaelke

It was moved at pretty short notice when Swansea reached the CC final and we were both knocked out of the FA Cup I think. The channels have other matched scheduled, and its the only day that really makes sense for the clubs and fans

Still seems a bit odd. They moved a few reality shows and CSI NY (or Miami) here in order to fit the match in. There'll only be 5 minutes of pre-match coverage - something I'm completely fine with. At least I get to enjoy it in glorious HD.

Salazar

Fair enough to say 'competent midfield stop-gap?'

In a pair, in games where our midfield actually operates up the pitch, against tough-ish opposition, I think he'd struggle. Potentially really struggle.

He's much preferable there to post-illness Fletcher - who worried me quite a bit, as pleased as I was to see him having a crack. He's a physical beast, his recovering runs are special, he can draw a couple of players to himself when he runs with the ball, and he worries teams when he overlaps down the side.

But yeah. Only an emergency option if we're expecting a full range of midfield play from someone.

Pure fucking divs saying he should be in the midfield for all our big games. HE'LL GET BUGGERED. I rate him, I really do. And I recognise that ClevGOD is an imperfect creature. But I can't see Phil passing/turning his way out of a well-composed pressing game. I can't. And that's fundamental.

Still seems a bit odd. They moved a few reality shows and CSI NY (or Miami) here in order to fit the match in. There'll only be 5 minutes of pre-match coverage - something I'm completely fine with. At least I get to enjoy it in glorious HD.

I'd quite like a system where Sky gets dibs on these hastily rescheduled games, and streams them for Sky customers with no buildup or commentary. Everyone wins

Salazar

Nani has been in a car crash with a police vehicle......

What's wrong with him?

Unmarked police car responding to an emergency call.

Nani might be a plonker, but I would speculate that the police car is the more likely to have been driving fast/erratically.

Arnie

Still can't fathom how the lad I played against on a slanted, boggy pitch in Leyland started against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

He played as a striker that day (given his technical superiority to almost everyone), played in midfield against Real, and made his name professionally as a centre back. Fluid motherfucker.

dc89

Txiki thas apparently old Giovanni van Bronckhorst of Feyenoord that Cityaim to have 4 academy graduates in the starting 11 by 2016.

#InTxikiWeTrust

Hixx

Still can't fathom how the lad I played against on a slanted, boggy pitch in Leyland started against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

He played as a striker that day (given his technical superiority to almost everyone), played in midfield against Real, and made his name professionally as a centre back. Fluid motherfucker.

A lot of pro footballers who end up in defence start as strikers I've noticed.

Apart from Kevin Phillips who started as a right back which would have been a fucking travesty.

Linius

Who are we talking about? I missed it.

Salazar

A lot of pro footballers who end up in defence start as strikers I've noticed.

I really wouldn't mind if we had sufficiently fuck-off-brilliant wingers to be able to install mean, relatively-limited-mobility bastards at LB and RB. Quick enough to chase, but just positionally-disciplined hard cunts.

Think Carragher was a striker once. Jesus fuck.

I just can't imagine somebody with Carragher's robotic movement and lack of technique and technical ability playing up front. He must have grown quicker than everyone else in his age group to the point that he was used as a target man

pappe

In a pair, in games where our midfield actually operates up the pitch, against tough-ish opposition, I think he'd struggle. Potentially really struggle.

He's much preferable there to post-illness Fletcher - who worried me quite a bit, as pleased as I was to see him having a crack. He's a physical beast, his recovering runs are special, he can draw a couple of players to himself when he runs with the ball, and he worries teams when he overlaps down the side.

But yeah. Only an emergency option if we're expecting a full range of midfield play from someone.

But he did well against Real fucking Madrid at Bernabeau few opponents are tougher than them.

But yea i do agree with you. Playing him the mid field completely kills our momentum due to his lack of passing ability and hampers our creativity. But against opponents like Barca where a more physical game is needed he would be extremely competent and help us quite a bit.

Its weird how last season it was Smalling who was apparently in God mode and now Jones is stepping up and doing a very good job.

Clegg

I think Evra started as a winger/striker before moving to left back. Bale was a LB then a winger and now pops up centrally.

I think Roy Keane played everywhere on the pitch before settling as a central midfielder.

Top Bottom