• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Every one who plays them in Europe will do the same thing.

You know why? Because that's what naturally happens when the other side keeps the ball, you defend. And we all know how much they love keeping the ball.

Besides, you don't want to defend with four at all times, or else Arsenal happens.

bud23

lol

Never. Redcafe is full of bozo filth, though. Some of them have sunk so low that they have no right to laugh at RAWK, which is an appalling state to get into.

Random tumblr find

hTv9d5r.jpg

Why the fuck Chelsea and Real Madrid are borderline cases, I dunno

This guy has no clue. Unlike most European football clubs, socios have owned (Real madrid) and operated the club since its inception, so we have money that we are able to generate by ourselves in terms of TV deal, merchandising etc, whereas PSG, City or Chelsea are "companies" where a rich guy from the middle east or russia can buy the club and spend hundreds of million in world class players regardless of the income that the club is able to generate by itself. There is a huge difference imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Even if they did, so what? Why is hoofball a dirty term? There is more than one way to play football™

Amirite?

Yeah that's fine. If we did play hoofball I'd have no problem admitting it. But if we played hoofball and someone said we played tiki-taka, I'd dispute that too.

Christ, how are some Arsenal fans so like Barcelona fans if they have literally none of their achievement?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Being frank.

You don't have an argument that amounts to much more than "Arsenal played pretty football until March, we deserved to win the league."

You've ignored the results after March as being some kind of anomaly and then started espousing some pseudo-psychological babble about the nature of fans.

It's all rubbish. Arsenal finished third because they were third best in the league. It doesn't matter if they were 1 point off second or 10 points.

And again, they lost to the eventual champions in April, that's six points. If anything, United deserved it more.

Edit: Why the hell am I helping Clegg?

Being frank.

You don't have an argument that amounts to much more than "Arsenal played pretty football until March, we deserved to win the league."

You've ignored the results after March as being some kind of anomaly and then started espousing some pseudo-psychological babble about the nature of fans.

It's all rubbish. Arsenal finished third because they were third best in the league. It doesn't matter if they were 1 point off second or 10 points.

Okay, Clegg

Scum

Time to get my arse to a cafe lunch and then work. 'GAF better be up and running by the time I get in tonight.

Be careful tonight, lads. Don't do anything fucking stupid to get yourselves banned when the Sony conference is on. :<

feel

I just now could come here to neogaf. What an amazing performance yesterday! We completely dominated Malaga (they only had one shot in the whole game and we were able to dominate Isco aswell). I'm very optimistic for the second leg! :)
We were hopeless in the last 1/4 of the pitch, I'm confident we can win in the second leg but I'm now not so confident we can get to semis. :(

Though an in form Ha-mes could make things very different.

Wilbur

Banned
We were hopeless in the last 1/4 of the pitch, I'm confident we can win in the second leg but I'm now not so confident we can get to semis. :(

Depends who you draw I suppose. Looking at who is likely to be the quarter finalists:

Porto
Bayern
Juventus
Dortmund
Madrid/United
Barcelona
Galatasaray
PSG

I think Porto would have a chance against Gala or PSG but that's it really.

Kenka

I just now could come here to neogaf. What an amazing performance yesterday! We completely dominated Malaga (they only had one shot in the whole game and we were able to dominate Isco aswell). I'm very optimistic for the second leg! :)
Given that Malaga are somewhat this year's Deportivo, you might have good chances for the return leg indeed.

Timurid

Depends who you draw I suppose. Looking at who is likely to be the quarter finalists:

Porto
Bayern
Juventus
Dortmund
Madrid/United
Barcelona
Galatasaray
PSG

I think Porto would have a chance against Gala or PSG but that's it really.
PSG beaten them in the group stage already.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barcelona have booked 110 rooms at the Rosa Grand Starhotels in Milan. The players only need doubles. Més que un club.

Looks like Barcelona asked to have the same rooms, same tables array, same tablecloths as last year!

Also the hotel's pick is the same of course, while it was different in 2010, when they lost to Mourinho's Inter.

Does it even matter?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOL

Inter's Matías Silvestre bought tickets to Milan-Barcelona. Inter didn't like it so they dropped him from tomorrow's Europa League match.

What's 'less than a club' in Catalan?

No, not Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom