• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you even debating that :lol :lol

You're woefully deluded Meus, it's endearing

Christ....

If you look at our results that year and compare it to United's, there is little difference throughout. That is except a three week period beginning late Feb where we uncharacteristically dropped points consecutively four times to lower league opposition; the only side out of the top three to manage this. Our form after that was good. In fact, in the last 8 games played, we dropped only two more points than United did in their last 8 games (we played Liverpool, United and Chelsea in that period), so no, contrary to Clegg's comments, I am not ignoring post-March results. They were fine.

I made two points thus.

In quality, there wasn't much to separate the top sides that year as the table showed.
Were our form not to have imploded so oddly during that 3 week period, it would have taken us to the title.

Second point is of course subjective. So why did I feel we would have been deserved winners if there was not much to divide the top sides? This is where my 'best football' remark comes in. I felt we were the best footballing side.

Clegg also brought up this "shut up, accept you were third best because you finished third". Granted, we finished third, but merely describing it as such wasn't an accurate reflection. Why? Because in the context of finishing third often means finishing 19 points, or +10 behind the leaders; a substantial gap. But as highlighting the quality of our side was a key element in my point, I felt the connotations that came with "third" were misleading in the context of that Arsenal side. I don't feel he actually understood the angle I was coming from in regards to my argument(s) because he kept repeating his assertions without addressing any of mine beyond "you're talking shit".

Blablurn

New Vita model.

Xp8lgna.gif

Clegg

Christ....

If you look at our results that year and compare it to United's, there is little difference throughout. That is except a three week period beginning late Feb where we uncharacteristically dropped points consecutively four times to lower league opposition; the only side out of the top three to manage this. Our form after that was good. In fact, in the last 8 games played, we dropped only two more points than United did in their last 8 games (we played Liverpool, United and Chelsea in that period), so no, contrary to Clegg's comments, I am not ignoring post-March results. They were fine.

I made two points thus.

In quality, there wasn't much to separate the top sides that year as the table showed.
Were our form not to have imploded so oddly during that 3 week period, it would have taken us to the title.

Second point is of course subjective. So why did I feel we would have been deserved winners if there was not much to divide the top sides? This is where my 'best football' remark comes in. I felt we were the best footballing side.

Clegg also brought up this "shut up, accept you were third best because you finished third". Granted, we finished third, but merely describing it as such wasn't an accurate reflection. Why? Because in the context of finishing third often means finishing 19 points, or +10 behind the leaders; a substantial gap. But as highlighting the quality of our side was a key element in my point, I felt the connotations that came with "third" were misleading in the context of that Arsenal side. I don't feel he actually understood the angle I was coming from in regards to my argument(s) because he kept repeating his assertions without addressing any of mine beyond "you're talking shit".

That's because you are talking shit.

I understood exactly where you were coming from btw. I just thought it was complete nonsense. And apparently, so do most most others.

Blablurn

I went for a safe one. Barca win or draw / over 1.5 goals and the same for Gala. You dont get that much money that way but at least a lil if it works out.

Suen

nononononononono

in the last 10 games they just won once. schalke sucks really bad right now. it's their biggest crisis in recent memory

But their CL run is decent, and they may motivate themselves to continue it. It could be a good distraction away from their domestic run.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeesh, got accosted by some pushy Scientologists in Tottenham Court Road today. No I don't want to see your free film about dianetics so please fuck off.

Lyon president mouthing off:

L'Europa League est une compétition qui est faite pour des clubs comme nous. Ça peut permettre à l'OL de poursuivre un chemin et ça serait tellement formidable que je n'imagine pas un instant qu'on lâche le morceau contre ces Rosbifs.

Oh it's on now, fucker.

Yeesh, got accosted by some pushy Scientologists in Tottenham Court Road today. No I don't want to see your free film about dianetics so please fuck off.

Lyon president mouthing off:

Oh it's on now, fucker.

l'OL right back at him

There's a great picture on goal.com to go with that WV Wilshere article

wilsherer2c7l.png

faridmon

It is, but a lot of the buy-back clauses are short term IIRC. So players who take a while to develop or suddenly have a breakout season after a few years can't be retrieved.

ah, well. However, this sound a little less exploitative and is good enough for Madrid to spot a talent in such a short of time sometimes.
However, their reliance on those talent is getting less as they tend to buy players externally which is still a worry.

jtb

Banned
I think its the same for all red cards, no? It depends on why you were sent off. Violent conduct is 3 matches I think, but other offences are generally 1 match

Just wondering (mainly bc of Ibra). In the league, it's 3 match for red, but only 1 match for two yellows so I didn't know if it was any different in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom