• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Speaking of former Palermo defenders, I can't believe we got Barzagli for 300k€ or so. Bargain of the decade, if you don't count Pirlo. And Pogba.

pulga

Banned
Dat Cristiano.

Irina-Shayk-MAIN_1676119a.jpg

"I would never do Playboy. Yes, I am a lingerie model, but I have class.
“Playboy offered me so much money last year. I was like, ‘No way!’"

I've been noticing this as well, that we rarely give a chance to players from the reserve team which is a bit sad. If anything we should try to experiment more with some of them, let's not forget that some of Madrid's best players came from the academy.

I really, really fucking wish Mourinho would start giving Jese/Morata a run of la liga games. The leagues lost, so why not use it to test out the cantera?

Kenka

Speaking of former Palermo defenders, I can't believe we got Barzagli for 300k€ or so. Bargain of the decade, if you don't count Pirlo. And Pogba.
That was all because of this shitty McLaren dude who thought it would be smart to bench him for Friedrich who then fucked off to the MLS.

Blablurn

plan for the next days

tonight: sony
tmw: last exam at 9am
saturday: bayern and birthday party
sunday: flying to china :-o

I'm sure I will find some time to post here. But I probably won't be able to watch the cup game against dortmund next week :(

Noirulus

I really, really fucking wish Mourinho would start giving Jese/Morata a run of la liga games. The leagues lost, so why not use it to test out the cantera?

Taking off Morata in the 28th minute after he scored was some shameful shit.

And goddamn, Irina is a beaut.

Blablurn

Don't worry, you will find out at your own leisure

vqtSp70l.gif

I hated that when I was studying in China...

Turning on the comuter in the morning. Going to bild.de. See the result.

Kaiserslautern 2:0 Bayern

XUIPb.gif

The fuck? That was the first championship season for Dortmund and since I couldnt watch many games I had no idea what the fuck was happening in Germany :D

rvy

Banned
"I would never do Playboy. Yes, I am a lingerie model, but I have class.
“Playboy offered me so much money last year. I was like, ‘No way!’"

Posing nude is below the woman who doesn't shave her legs.

ohnoes

Knobheaded Ronaldo doesn't know what he's doing.

Blackhead

Redarse
4.04pm:
CavalierDisregard writes: "Both Real and Barça are said to be keen admirers of Gareth Bale and could bid for him in the summer. Are they really as keen as the British media say? What do you think the chances of one of them putting in a bid for him, considering how much he is going to cost?"

Sid replies
:

Real Madrid certainly are. And take into account the fact that they fear that losing Ronaldo is a real possibility. Barcelona doubted Bale's ability to play in tight spaces (hence signing Alba) so unless they have come to see him as a player for a different position – higher up the pitch – I don't see it. Also, he will be VERY expensive and Barcelona will be reluctant to pay that, not least because they have a deal in place for Neymar.

wha what what?! I thought Neymar was going to
Liverpool

WTF?

My brother's channel-hopping, and Film4 are shpwing some Lassie film with Peter Dinklage. One second he was doing an Olde English accent, then he suddenly changed to a bad Irish impression

Timurid

plan for the next days

tonight: sony
tmw: last exam at 9am
saturday: bayern and birthday party
sunday: flying to china :-o

I'm sure I will find some time to post here. But I probably won't be able to watch the cup game against dortmund next week :(

That's awesome. What part of China are you going to?

Are you going there for pleasure or work?

Blablurn

That's awesome. What part of China are you going to?

Are you going there for pleasure or work?
my gf is doing her master degree over there. so I'm doing it for the pleasure :) im going to dalian which is in northern china! also where i studied and met het some years ago (shes mexican, not chinese).

Kenka

LOL.

I hadn't realized Barzagli used to be at Wolfsburg.
Volkswagen team needed Italian motors to be champions (Benaglio, Barzagli and Zaccardo) in 2009. They all three had an immediate impact and were brilliant during their career there.

pulga

Banned
Taking off Morata in the 28th minute after he scored was some shameful shit.

And goddamn, Irina is a beaut.

Couldn't be helped though, we've got the shitty ref calls and history of Ramos being a dick to blame. Felt bad, man.

Posing nude is below the woman who doesn't shave her legs.

ohnoes

Knobheaded Ronaldo doesn't know what he's doing.

Oh god, tell me that's not Messi's girl. You did not just start a CR7 vs Messi WAG fight :lol

faridmon

More pictures like this please.

Paging Hixx.

NO, leave that for After-dark. How am I supposed to read GAF at Uni?

pulga said:
Oh god, tell me that's not Messi's girl. You did not just start a CR7 vs Messi WAG fight :lol
That is what it boils to, for you and Footballfan. I wish FootballFan would stop defending blindly some of the Barca JTs. Even he knows that the team is full of them.

Clegg

I hope they use FF 7 as a tech demo for PS 4's power.

Then fanboys can have another generations worth of hype with absolutely nothing coming from it.

arkon

Volkswagen team needed Italian motors to be champions (Benaglio, Barzagli and Zaccardo) in 2009. They all three had an immediate impact and were brilliant during their career there.

Interesting. That was with Grafite and Dzeko up top yeah?

pulga

Banned
AS is reporting that LeParisien is reporting that Florentino Perez and Ancelotti have reached a verbal agreement for the italian to coach Madrid starting next season.

Fuck this shit -_-

Bo-Locks

According to Meus logic, Bayern should have won the CL final in 99 because they played well for 90 minutes (let's just ignore the final 3 minutes). It's seriously flawed logic.

You cannot dispute the league table. It's impossible.

WTF?

My brother's channel-hopping, and Film4 are shpwing some Lassie film with Peter Dinklage. One second he was doing an Olde English accent, then he suddenly changed to a bad Irish impression

His accent is similarly bad in Game of Thrones.

Kenka

Interesting. That was with Grafite and Dzeko up top yeah?

Yes. And Josué was at his peak too, and was part of the Brazilian IX along the likes of Kaka and Pato. So much talent from those years went wasted with time, it is sad.

AS is reporting that LeParisien is reporting that Florentino Perez and Ancelotti have reached a verbal agreement for the italian to coach Madrid starting next season.

Fuck this shit -_-
Still better than Benitez.

arkon

Fuck this shit -_-

That awesome football that Madrid fans deserve.

jtb

Banned

Fuck this shit -_-

Leaving PSG? That'd be a surprise, even if it is Madrid.

http://i.imgur.com/TKEeqod.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZszqtviRo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZszqtviRo[/URL]

Palermo has been crap in the last few years, especially with their defending. Milito even scored 4 goals in one game against them last season.

faridmon

The league table isn't a perfect metric for performance and quality because you have external factors like refereeing decisions, injuries etc.

No, it accumulative set of results that is good enough to be judged by the quality of a team, regardless of any internal factor.

pulga

Banned
Would Wenger be too bad? He'd have the funds he needs for buying the big name players Arsenal desperately lacks, but he'd also nurture the cantera and give them first team chances. I'm just unsure about his tactical soundness.

I just don't want Ancelotti or Benitez.

No, it accumulative set of results that is good enough to be judged by the quality of a team, regardless of any internal factor.

99 times in 100 the best team win the league. Its not an absolutely reliable piece of evidence as to a team's quality though, for a number of reasons

pulga

Banned
He and Leonardo were always going to leave PSG.

The only way Ancelotti is staying is if he wins the UCL, which would be a miracle.

Mourinho is coming to Paris.

Mourinho wants to be the best. You do not become the best by rotting in Ligue 1.

I don't even know if you believe everything you say in this newly-found shtick anymore.

Mourinho is going back to the EPL.

Mourinho wants to be the best. You do not become the best by rotting in Ligue 1.

I don't even know if you believe everything you say in this newly-found shtick anymore.

Mourinho is going back to the EPL.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Sorry Timurid, but nobody will ever care about Ligue 1

Clegg

Would Wenger be too bad? He'd have the funds he needs for buying the big name players Arsenal desperately lacks, but he'd also nurture the cantera and give them first team chances. I'm just unsure about his tactical soundness.

I just don't want Ancelotti or Benitez.
This always bothers me.

Wenger really hasn't done much with Arsenals academy. He buys youngsters at 17/18 and puts them in the reserves or the first team. Very, very few academy players have actually made the step up to regular first team level.

He's excellent at nurturing young talent. They usually don't come from Arsenal's academy though.

jtb

Banned
Him and Leonardo were always destined to leave PSG.

The only way Ancelotti is staying is if he wins the UCL, which would be a miracle.

Mourinho is coming to Paris.

Leonardo? He's like Vieira at City, glorified mascot with a ridiculously fat paycheck. We already know he's a terrible manager so I dunno where he'd go.

I highly doubt Mournho will go to Paris. He'll probably set his sights on building another lasting PL team.

This always bothers me.

Wenger really hasn't done much with Arsenals academy. He buys youngsters at 17/18 and puts them in the reserves or the first team. Very, very few academy players have actually made the step up to regular first team level.

He's excellent at nurturing young talent. They usually don't come from Arsenal's academy though.

Madrid already have a decent academy though. You're just hacking away at a straw man at this point.

arkon

If you play well for 90 minutes score only one goal and then due to defensive lapses concede two goals in the final few minutes resulting in defeat in that game. Well, you've not deserved to win it.

pulga

Banned
This always bothers me.

Well fuck I don't know who I want then.

Can we have Klopp? He seems awesome ;_;

Soz.

I thought we were talking about PSG.

Why would I waste my time asking for a coach for that shitty club -___-

Bo-Locks

The league table isn't a perfect metric for performance and quality because you have external factors like refereeing decisions, injuries etc.

I was going to edit that post and say that Meus would have a better argument if he could point to several egregious refereeing decisions that directly cost Arsenal points in 07/08, but he isn't even making that point.

As for injuries, football is now a squad game and clubs spend millions in sports science, physiotherapy, recovery programs etc, which reduces (but does not eliminate) the chance of a club suffering particularly badly with injuries.

Gary Neville also talked about how United players are able to stay in the ear of a referee, interact with them and generally curry favour, whereas other teams are not experienced or canny enough to do it as well as United.

There are of course external factors, but I'm a strong believer that they generally even themselves out over the course of the season. But there is also an element of teams making their own luck like how I described. Some teams just can't even help themselves sometimes, like how Arsenal allow their players to run their contracts down to the last year, which creates media pressure and scrutiny.

It's not a perfect metric, but it's pretty close, and nothing else even comes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom