• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
"For the national team, he's just an ordinary player," Pele told O Estado de Sao Paulo.

"He's got a huge responsibility and his greatest concern is to change his style, change his haircut.

"Every match we have outside the country, he doesn't perform well. Everyone thinks he's supposed to be the answer to every problem we have in the national team [but] Neymar is not ready for that much weight, he can't do it."

Pele then added his belief that Neymar's disappointing displays for Brazil, in comparison to those with Santos, where he has won the Copa Libertadores, are down to a lack of exposure to European tactics.

"He doesn't play in a foreign country, and European football is very different from what we play here in South America," he continued.

"He wants to get the ball, dribble, use his skills [but] he needs to leave the ball a little, play for the team.

"He's very inexperienced internationally. Barcelona would be the ideal place for him [but] I don't think he will leave because Santos still need him."

ibkedZPs6kN2iy.png

Lol why has Pele turned on Neymar? Finally realized what a fraud the kid is.

Pele is senile, but still got some truth in him. I like how he says all that crap and then goes on to "yeah he would be fine for Barca".

Thats the ugliest away kit Ive ever seen.

Must have missed the new liverpool ones.

amekbv.gif

Killzone makes this look dated. :(

A lot of things has made that look dated since the very first time we saw it. I mean that mech thing is cool but it's not that visually impressive.

So it's free?

Belgian keeper Thibaut Courtois insists Chelsea are not planning to use him as a bargaining chip for Radamel Falcao, and even claims he has been lined up to replace Petr Cech in two years’ time.

Courtois signed for the Blues from Genk in 2011 but was immediately sent out on loan to gain first-team experience at Atletico Madrid, with Cech continuing to occupy the no.1 spot at Stamford Bridge.

It’s since been suggested that Chelsea may be willing to sacrifice the 20-year-old shot-stopper in order to land Falcao from Atletico in the summer, but Courtois insists this couldn’t be further from the truth.

‘A lot of things the press say are nonsense. They are guessing,’ he said.

‘They know Chelsea want Falcao but Chelsea have told me, “The last thing we want to do is sell you”. Maybe they are lying to me but I don’t think so.

‘It was strange joining Chelsea but when I signed for them I knew I would be loaned out to a team. They had a five-year plan for me.

‘I only went to Chelsea to take my medical. I then went straight to Atletico and had a good year so I preferred to stay for another year.’

Courtois has drawn rave reviews during his time in La Liga, and claims it won’t be long before he’s given the chance to displace Cech, 30, at Chelsea.

‘Cech is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and I think I am an up and coming young talent with the quality maybe also to play for Chelsea,’ he is quoted by the Evening Standard.

‘They will continue with Cech for two more years, I believe.

‘The problem is I think that Chelsea didn’t expect me to be at this level this soon. I’ve developed really quickly. It’s a very good situation for Chelsea.’

Randdalf

amekbv.gif

At least you can control it! That Killzone demo was the only really impressive thing I saw visually, but from a gameplay standpoint it was a massive disappointment. Short spurts of dumbed down cover based shooter followed by sequences of cutscenes and quicktime events. Might be nice to look at, but no thanks.

dc89

A lot of things has made that look dated since the very first time we saw it. I mean that mech thing is cool but it's not that visually impressive.

At least you can control it! That Killzone demo was the only really impressive thing I saw visually, but from a gameplay standpoint it was a massive disappointment. Short spurts of dumbed down cover based shooter followed by sequences of cutscenes and quicktime events. Might be nice to look at, but no thanks.

And why did they not show the console?! I think they kinda goofed on that one. It's the one thing people really wanted to see, deep down.

Well, waking up like this was something that I was missing. A lot. I wanted to watch the match after the Sony press conference (btw, "guys, come to see our new console" ... "here's the new PS4 DualShock but no console, happy?". Fantastic. There were some good things though) but Sky decided to show another random game. I'll have to wait until this afternoon ._.

I'm pretty sure that we'll end up losing at Camp Nou of course, that backline won't last and we'll see it on Sunday evening vs Inter, if Barça wants to get through, they definitely will. Still, it was a great night.

Now I'm at work and I'm not fully aware of what's going on. I have a Milan scarf on, I'm typing something on GAF, I'm tired as fuck but I'm also smiling like an idiot. I love these days.
I know both of them will not be able to read this, and that I am late to say this, but:

Congrats TheLucifer, you must be buzzing after that great win against Barca.

Hopefully, now FootballFan will shut about Barca players being all saint and all
who am I kidding

Dude, I like you and all, but please, just don't bring Ronaldo VS Messi anymore. I am sick of it. I am talking to all R Madrid and Barcalona fans here. Your both full of JTs.

I am :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
THELUCIFER!

-

@FootballFan Hmm, interesting. But then again, why did you fork out 30-40m for Cesc in the first place?

FootballFan

Well, waking up like this was something that I was missing. A lot. I wanted to watch the match after the Sony press conference (btw, "guys, come to see our new console" ... "here's the new PS4 DualShock but no console, happy?". Fantastic. There were some good things though) but Sky decided to show another random game. I'll have to wait until this afternoon ._.

I'm pretty sure that we'll end up losing at Camp Nou of course, that backline won't last and we'll see it on Sunday evening vs Inter, if Barça wants to get through, they definitely will. Still, it was a great night.

Now I'm at work and I'm not fully aware of what's going on. I have a Milan scarf on, I'm typing something on GAF, I'm tired as fuck but I'm also smiling like an idiot. I love these days.

Congrats mate. :(

FootballFan

@FootballFan Hmm, interesting. But then again, why did you fork out 30-40m for Cesc in the first place?

For moments when Xavi or Iniesta are injured, or when the inevitable happens and Xavi gets too old to play every game.

He isn't very good in Biscuits position, that leaves Iniesta's and Xavi's, and he isn't better than them, so bench is the logical place.

Not that I hate Cesc or think he sucks, he just isn't better than two of the best midfielders in the game. Which isn't his fault.

30-40m is expensive but our whole bench is expensive, so it isn't unusual.

Villa, Cesc, Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Thiago, Abidal, Pinto, etc. Most of these guys are starters elsewhere. (tbf to Abidal he has been ill and he will be back this weekend!! :D)

and since when have nice graphics ever made a bad game good?

Never cause you just said it was a bad game for fucks sake, but it has certainly enhanced the experience a lot. So has a steady locked framerate at 60fps and everything that comes with beefier hardware.

FootballFan

Thanks man, you'll come back, no worries :)

I don't know, I hope so but not if Ambrosini and Muntari keep Messi quiet again.

No one on this team scores except for him, it's depressing.

I just find it a difficult task, even at 3-0(which would be verrrrry tough), just 1 goal from Milan in the 90th and it's over.

4-0 would be the only safe score and that isn't happening lol.

Kenka

amekbv.gif

Very very honestly saying, not by much. But future games of the PS4 library definitely will.
Unless particle/visual effects really add to the experience down the road, I see no definite reason to prefer PS4 over WiiU, especially if software libraries end up equivalent.

If Nintendo drops some 3rd party bombs, which is not likely according to a developer on GAF (can't find the link, sry), then things will start even out and there won't be any wrong choice, that's what I hope at least.

I don't know, I hope so but not if Ambrosini and Muntari keep Messi quiet again.

No one on this team scores except for him, it's depressing.

I just find it a difficult task, even at 3-0(which would be verrrrry tough), just 1 goal from Milan in the 90th and it's over.

4-0 would be the only safe score and that isn't happening lol.

I get what you're saying, and if we'll play like yesterday on the 12th then we'll be really close to get to the quarter finals. But, and I say this after seeing a lot of matches from Zapata-Mexes-Bonera, our defense is not perfect: I guess that last night was like last year, when even Nesta was able to stop Messi - a nicely played match because it was at home etc. I'm pretty confident that we'll fall at the Camp Nou if we go on the field thinking about the first leg, and that's going to happen. Mexes and Zapata are just not good enough, you'll see that they won't be able to keep up with Barça's pace, they're inexperienced and get nervous really fast.

Then again, the key is to score at least one goal (not impossible at all seeing how Barcelona sometimes forget about other strikers), then things would change a lot, if we manage to hold Messi during the first half and maybe put one I can see us getting out of Spain smiling.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How the hell did both manage to die? I guess rising just sucked so much that it just decided to self destruct.
The power went off in my place*. The PS3 decided to stop recognising the HDMI cable and my LG is in a permanent state of 'stand by', as good as dead according to google.

*rvy

Carbonox

How the hell did both manage to die? I guess rising just sucked so much that it just decided to self destruct.

lolollolooool

Regarding the PS4, I'm sold. Killzone looks great and Watch Dog is my most anticipated of the bunch. Person of Interest: The Game. <3

Can't wait to see the rest of the launch lineup.

rvy

Banned
The power went off in my place*. The PS3 decided to stop recognising the HDMI cable and my LG is in a permanent state of 'stand by', as good as dead according to google.

*rvy

Reset the PS3, see what happens. No idea about the LG.

Punch yourself in the stomach and upload it to youtube. That should provide you with a sufficient recap of the event.

What did you guys expect exactly? I'm surprised they showed so much already and talked about that many features, not showing the console itself kind of sucked but meh, was awesome to see them just going all out showing games and talking about hardware instead of their usual sales charts and power point presentations.

So the last 5 years when a team defeated Barca in the CL, they ended up winning the cup.

Milanlol

You must mean knocked out and not just defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom