• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh and

Congrats to Barca, really, they managed to lose 2 - 0 to arguably the worst AC Milan of the last 20+ years(Muntari, Ambrosini, Mexes, Zappata, Pazzini, Constant) without even scoring once.

Yurt! Roura still criticized the pitch.
KuGsj.gif

WHY OF COURSE

flippedb

Banned
Milan2ndgoal_original.gif

That's how the defence of the best team in the world works. Oh my.
He was. It's like for the first time in his career, he gave a fuck.

With a Serie B backline.

Yep and yep. It's incredible how well the defence worked. Zapata, Constant and Mexès were amazing. Heck, even Abate did great.

flippedb

Banned
You should like him even more for not turning on godmode.

You notice how well Milan did against him?

He had 1 or 2 good dribbles and that's it. And as I said, you shut him down(main scorer and assister in the team) and there is not much more threat, especially with Iniesta on the wing.

Iniesta won't do decoy runs like Pedro/Villa/Tello. He isn't made for that.

Iniesta was the best of Barca, hands down.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just to put things in perspective:

Milan are barely fourth in Serie A, with 31 goals conceded in 25 games. #Deserved

flippedb

Banned
Milan is 3rd. and is the team who has gotten more points in Serie A since October. The start of the season was pretty bad, but the team has since picked up its pace.

laliga, what a joke

Stoke city would run that shit league
PL this season against other top 4 leagues

Chelsea 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid LOSS
Tottenham 0 - 0 Lazio DRAW
Man City 2 - 3 Real Madrid LOSS
Man City 1 - 1 Dortmund DRAW
Liverpool 2 - 3 Udinese LOSS
Chelsea 2 - 2 Juventus DRAW
Arsenal 0 - 2 Schalke LOSS
Arsenal 2 - 2 Schalke DRAW
Chelsea 0 - 3 Juventus LOSS
Man City 1 - 1 Real Madrid DRAW
Tottenham 0 - 0 Lazio DRAW
Man City 0 - 1 Dortmund LOSS
Udinese 0 - 1 Liverpool WIN
Real Madrid 1 - 1 Man Utd DRAW
Arsenal 1 - 3 Bayern LOSS

1 win
7 draws
7 losses

6.25% win rate

Riiiiiiiight, it's La Liga that's a joke league.

FootballFan

*genuine question* Does his position really matter in Barca's style of play?

Yeah it really does. I'll explain if you can be bothered reading. Barca's wingers don't do much playing and more running.

Hence why Pedro/Tello/Villa/Sanchez are rarely involved in tiki taka play.

They are isolated on the wings to drag away the wingbacks and to make decoy runs for the creative players to take advantage of the space.

Iniesta is too good to be used for that. Imagine Juve used Pogba in Pirlo's position and put Pirlo somewhere less comfortable.

Even though Pogba(Cesc) is good, you have better option in Pirlo(Iniesta).

I'm obviously not saying the result would have been different, maybe even would have lost by more.

All I know that the team would have played better had Tello been on the wing and Iniesta in midfield next to his partner in crime Xavi.

"For the national team, he's just an ordinary player," Pele told O Estado de Sao Paulo.

"He's got a huge responsibility and his greatest concern is to change his style, change his haircut.

"Every match we have outside the country, he doesn't perform well. Everyone thinks he's supposed to be the answer to every problem we have in the national team [but] Neymar is not ready for that much weight, he can't do it."

Pele then added his belief that Neymar's disappointing displays for Brazil, in comparison to those with Santos, where he has won the Copa Libertadores, are down to a lack of exposure to European tactics.

"He doesn't play in a foreign country, and European football is very different from what we play here in South America," he continued.

"He wants to get the ball, dribble, use his skills [but] he needs to leave the ball a little, play for the team.

"He's very inexperienced internationally. Barcelona would be the ideal place for him [but] I don't think he will leave because Santos still need him."

ibkedZPs6kN2iy.png

pulga

Banned
Milan2ndgoal_original.gif

That's how the defence of the best team in the world works. Oh my.

Yep and yep. It's incredible how well the defence worked. Zapata, Constant and Mexès were amazing. Heck, even Abate did great.

Thats the ugliest away kit Ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom