• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, we all know he's been average. Doesn't mean when he does something good - that great pass to Rooney for instance - we can't wax lyrical about it.

It just seems like you treat those frankly too sporadic moments as reasons for him to start most games, all while basically abusing the likes of Young, who isn't that bad, and Valencia who has at least shown that he is capable of playing very well for Man Utd

Blablurn

imago00343332h.jpg

imago00837904h.jpg

imago00670108h.jpg

imago00670064h.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
It seems like you treat those frankly too sporadic moments as reasons for him to start most games, all while basically abusing the likes of Young, who isn't that bad, and Valencia who has at least shown that he is capable of playing very well for Man Utd

I think he should start games because generally he will offer more than Valencia who doesn't have any intelligent movement whatsoever and is one of the most predictable wingers around even when he is on form (which he so clearly isn't right now), and because Young is a cowardly player who doesn't run at a defence, doesn't show any passion or determination, doesn't offer a tackle and doesn't really do much.

Meier

Damn.. Tito won't be back until the end of March. He will miss the second leg of the Milan game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for good. Cancer really isn't something that you should shortchange. I posted at the time that their estimates for return were crazy.

Mata is much better than Silva.

And Young is a complete and utter pussy. He should never be playing for United.

I am not entirely sure I'd say he was better, but he certainly has been this season. If you watch the highlights of Silva last year though, they're definitely on par or better than what Mata is doing this year. He seems to be a more natural goal scorer than Silva though. I think Mata has been the POTY this season.

Young is a pussy, no denying that

He can put a useful cross in, and score an R1 Finesse shot though. And he does those things which actually help you make chances more often than Kagawa imo

Mata is much better than Silva imo

I am not entirely sure I'd say he was better, but he certainly has been this season. If you watch the highlights of Silva last year though, they're definitely on par or better than what Mata is doing this year. He seems to be a more natural goal scorer than Silva though. I think Mata has been the POTY this season.
I think Mata is just as good a play-maker, but is a far more dynamic player which means he is a genuine match winner. Silva is a wonderful player but he doesn't have the same edge that Mata has IMO.

And crucially Mata has proven himself to be alot more consistent.

People say Silva was great last season, and he was, but he had a major dip in form for 2/3 months. By the end of the season Mata had scored and assisted as many goals as him. And that was in his first season in the league.

It just seems like you treat those frankly too sporadic moments as reasons for him to start most games, all while basically abusing the likes of Young, who isn't that bad, and Valencia who has at least shown that he is capable of playing very well for Man Utd

Valencia has been dog shit this season. There's a reason why we praised him last season and why we're shitting on him this season. Shinji's been average with a couple of great games and a couple of shit ones. That's more than Valencia this season.

When Young came back from injury he was pretty good, but usually he's just a pussy. Plus, we have already explained we like to use Young as a punching bag.

Meier

£55m, loooool. Given the fact he has been leagues better since moving to Madrid, there is no way he goes for less than what he moved for, let alone 2/3rd the price. Any transfer of Ronaldo would be at least £100m even with only 1+ year remaining. He's that good and that valuable.

ronaldo-leonardo.jpg

Ronaldo is going to kick off the derby on sunday.

This dude and his weight are an enigma. He looks fat still but we just saw that picture the other day where he looked much more trim. His head is HUGE.

FootballFan

I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for good. Cancer really isn't something that you should shortchange. I posted at the time that their estimates for return were crazy.

Yeah I didn't like that the media/Barca kept saying he will be back in 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. Just give him time and wait til he has returned or make a realistic time frame for his return.

Abidal situation is a good example, he is finally back to full training and can play this weekend. It's been so long :')

I can't pretend to know if Arnie hates him or not.... but Arnie is right.

A nice touch = OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT
A nice through ball = OMFG SOOO GOOD
A goal (has he scored?) = DIES!!!!11!!!

Come back when he's being doing what Silva and Mata have in the PL for the last 3 years or so.

queue comments wondering if I'm a troll or I actually believe what I write, you decide.

Silva only has 3 goals and 5 assists this season in 25 games. Shinji has 2 goals and 4 assists in 16 games (many of which he only gets 60 min). They've been really similar this season.

Young is a pussy, no denying that

He can put a useful cross in, and score an R1 Finesse shot though. And he does those things which actually help you make chances more often than Kagawa imo

Mata is much better than Silva imo
Young doesn't have the courage required. He never seems to really want the ball and when he gets it he is happy to take the easy option. He doesn't put useful crosses in, he puts in hopeful crosses.

Aside from being somebody alot of fans immediately took to, the reason Kagawa is preferred is because he goes about the game in a far more determined and ambitious way. Young is a very safe player, you need players like him in the squad but he's not somebody I want starting games for us regularly because he will never get to the level we want. Kagawa hopefully should, there's a good chance. It's never happening with Young.

I will admit I am naturally biased against Young and in favour of Kagawa, but broadly speaking I'm confident the above is true. That is why we want to see Kagawa in the team ahead of Young.

I think it's more to do with the fact that even though he's not played great yet, we know what he's capable of when he hits form. Bluntly speaking, when he's on it he's a considerably better player than Young or Valencia could ever hope to be.

£55m, loooool. Given the fact he has been leagues better since moving to Madrid, there is no way he goes for less than what he moved for, let alone 2/3rd the price. Any transfer of Ronaldo would be at least £100m even with only 1+ year remaining. He's that good and that valuable.

This is true, but it's also true that United sold him when he was 24 with a probably 7 years of his prime left. If he gets sold now at age 28, he'll only have like 3 seasons worth that 80 mil price tag.

I think he should go for 85 or something, but not 100.

Yen

This is true, but it's also true that United sold him when he was 24 with a probably 7 years of his prime left. If he gets sold now at age 28, he'll only have like 3 seasons worth that 80 mil price tag.

I think he should go for 85 or something, but not 100.

Normal transfer rules don't apply to the world's second greatest player. He'll go for £100m+, until he's about 31 when that'll drop to £50m.

pulga

Banned
Guys I'm having a discussion with a girl that:

A) Believes alcohol shouldn't be sold in concerts because of the possibilities of social misbehavior
B) Is against in vitro fertilization
C) Doesn't believe in evolution

Do I FHUTA? Or is she too dumb to deserve my almighty cock?

faridmon

A) Believes alcohol shouldn't be sold in concerts because of the possibilities of social misbehaviorB) Is against in vitro fertilization

Did she ever go to a gig? That is dumb

I hate dumb people.

If Ronaldo doesn't sign a new contract then I can't see how Madrid would get more than they signed him for.

I reckon he will renew though and that all of these stories is just him posturing for the deal he wants. He probably wants 100% image rights and a wage which puts him at least close to being the best paid player in the world. Real Madrid will cave in the end I think.

Empty

A) Believes alcohol shouldn't be sold in concerts because of the possibilities of social misbehavior
B) Is against in vitro fertilization

what would cunte do?

pulga

Banned
Did she ever go to a gig? That is dumb

I hate dumb people.

Yup. According to her, the upper class have the highest percentage in Costa Rica of alcohol-induced robbery, rape and abuse :lol :lol That's why you can't have alcohol in concerts over here, says her.

I mean, I accept that alcohol in stadiums is a bad idea, because of the large amount of ultras. But a fucking David Guetta concert? C'mon son.

Yup. According to her, the upper class have the highest percentage in Costa Rica of alcohol-induced robbery, rape and abuse :lol :lol That's why you can't have alcohol in concerts over here, says her.

I mean, I accept that alcohol in stadiums is a bad idea, because of the large amount of ultras. But a fucking David Guetta concert? C'mon son.

Oxygen shouldn't be allowed at a David Guetta concert

faridmon

I have been to a lot of gigs and never have encountered any problems whatsoever. In fact Alcohol creates a more friendlier atmosphere because people are so relaxed.

FootballFan

Alcohol is allowed in stadiums here, fans sit next to eachother too.

Before you say Ultras here aren't bad ass, watch and be amazed.

pulga

Banned
If Ronaldo doesn't sign a new contract then I can't see how Madrid would get more than they signed him for.

I reckon he will renew though and that all of these stories is just him posturing for the deal he wants. He probably wants 100% image rights and a wage which puts him at least close to being the best paid player in the world. Real Madrid will cave in the end I think.

We must. We can't compete against the catalonian cunts and their little dictator without his swag.

72604_10151713679022306_576597351_n.jpg

WJD

Do football games have scripting to make draws a rarity

Since me and my brother started doing memorial matches on PES6 again, we've played about 50 times and got to Extra Time perhaps twice

Dunno about draws but it definitely feels heavily scripted towards 45th and 90th minute goals. Pisses me off.

Linius

Anyone here who's watching Girls (the HBO series)? I wanna know if it's worthy of my time or if the hype is a bit over the top.

Wes

venison crêpe
Anyone here who's watching Girls (the HBO series)? I wanna know if it's worthy of my time or if the hype is a bit over the top.

Watched the first season. Some of it was good - an interesting new story. Unfortunately it is filled with detestable characters.

FootballFan

I saw the first three episodes, wasn't my thing. Really didn't like the main character.

Btw watched Mad Men Season 3 Episode 10 last night.

Spoiler:
DON BANGED THE TEACHER!!
It's getting really good. Can't wait to watch the next three eps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom