• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I saw the first three episodes, wasn't my thing. Really didn't like the main character.

Btw watched Mad Men Season 3 Episode 10 last night.

Spoiler:
DON BANGED THE TEACHER!!
It's getting really good. Can't wait to watch the next three eps.

Yes he sure did :lol

I'm at S04E02 at the moment.

Oh and not very positive comments about Girls in this thread.

Now that I'm done with Lost

Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, Person of Interest or The Mentalist?

Breaking Bad and Person of Interest are both awesome. Though Breaking Bad is really top notch.

Empty

Anyone here who's watching Girls (the HBO series)? I wanna know if it's worthy of my time or if the hype is a bit over the top.

it's quite good and worth watching but uneven and nowhere near as good as its hype would suggest. i was hoping it'd really come into its own in season 2 but it still has loads of problems.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
May I ask why Twin Peaks? It was like watching a soap opera written by WoodenLung.

Where's my horse?
insert burger joke

Sporting´s starting eleven against Estoril.

Rui Patrício; Miguel Lopes; Eric Dier; Tiago Ilori; Rojo; Rinaudo; Zezinho; Bruma; Labyad; Capel; Wolfswinkel

Match starts in 10 min. I like when we play on Friday nights, gives me a reason to go out drinking if we lose.
Good to see Dier and Ilori again on center of defense, Zezinho on the midfield and Bruma again on the attack. Lots of youth on that starting team and 5 Portuguese players, I hope we can get another much needed win.

pulga

Banned
According to Tuttosport, Juve is willing to offer 27 million euros for Alexis Sanchez. Vidal is apparently courting him :lol

10 million too many for my liking.

Meier

Did she ever go to a gig? That is dumb

I hate dumb people.

I'm with her. I'm not a fan of drinking at concerts. It makes people intolerable.

Anyone here who's watching Girls (the HBO series)? I wanna know if it's worthy of my time or if the hype is a bit over the top.

The first season was good but not great. I canceled HBO so I haven't seen any of the second season yet, but I don't really feel like I'm missing anything. I didn't find it overly compelling.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm looking at next week's ridiculously stacked calendar of games and I see a sizzling Coupe de France match-up between PSG and Marseille. I thought PSG was eliminated though when they lost to St. Etienne in penatly kicks. What gives? Is Coupe de France a double elimination tournament?

Damn you all. How about a bit of consensus for once in your fucking lives :p

I'll go Twin Peaks first while its on Netflix, and I might not like it anyway. Will Breaking Bad come off Netflix soon after its over?

The Mentalist and Person of Interest aren't on NetflixEU :(

I'm looking at next week's ridiculously stacked calendar of games and I see a sizzling Coupe de France match-up between PSG and Marseille. I thought PSG was eliminated though when they lost to St. Etienne in penatly kicks. What gives? Is Coupe de France a double elimination tournament?
PSG were eliminated from the Coupe de la Ligue.

I'll go Twin Peaks first while its on Netflix, and I might not like it anyway. Will Breaking Bad come off Netflix soon after its over?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. A victory for freedom and right-mind (non-Yurt) thinking.

Dier almost scored from 30 yards. The shot was so powerful that when the ball hit the glove of the keeper, it created a shockwave that turned off almost every light on the field.

pulga

Banned

Had to be a Liverpool fan.

BB is on Netflix. Don't know about UK Netflix though.

Meier

The Mentalist it is then

CBS procedurals are usually terrible. I think the only good one they've had is Cold Case IMO. If you go the procedural route, I enjoy Bones.

Twin Peaks is a classic but it's REALLY out there -- you need to have a pretty open mind about the absurd to enjoy it. Breaking Bad is more classically enjoyable and impressive.

Mass Effect fans: Is Mass Effect 3 worth playing if I didn't play the previous games? (it's gonna be free on PSN plus and have no intention of buying the previous games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom