• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Guy just seems relatively out of his depth. He's extrapolating an argument by changing wording and context in other people's posts. C'est la vie, he's a tool.

Now the real war begins at Loftus Rd
sorry Brendan

Allah Akbar

I can see it. There's something weirdly sinister about him.

Yeah

One of those people who others go to such pains to present as likable, you think they must be a murderer or have a sister locked in the basement.

And his nickname is Little Pea.

And he's annoyingly good at the skills he has. Although I think his all-round play has improved this season.

The main thing though is the points he wins you wth late goals :p

That thread taught me I probably wouldn't enjoy a classical Arab concert.

Saying that, I think I'd enjoy going to the cinema in the US far less, whooping and cheering in the cinema? Makes me want to throw up on my own face.

Slizz

Yeah

One of those people who others go to such pains to present as likable, you think they must be a murderer or have a sister locked in the basement.

And his nickname is Little Pea.

And he's annoyingly good at the skills he has. Although I think his all-round play has improved this season.

The main thing though is the points he wins you wth late goals :p

People hate the celebration too:

tS9ylLI.jpg

What sort of things are we talking about exactly?
For example the group of people who went around east London "Islamically policing" the area. It was in the news a few weeks back. Can't remember what they called themselves exactly but they were stopping people walking by saying things like you can't do this/that cos Muslims live here and it's not Islamic.

Just ridiculous behaviour.

Wilbur

Banned
That thread taught me I probably wouldn't enjoy a classical Arab concert.

Saying that, I think I'd enjoy going to the cinema in the US far less, whooping and cheering in the cinema? Makes me want to throw up on my own face.

Christ, imagine. I love it at a local gig or a small theatre production and you're clapping and you can really tell that those receiving it are honoured to be getting it.

Joss Whedon isn't even aware you're applauding, much less caring about it you odd fucks

I want to kick him everytime he pray on the field. Ba and Luiz can go crazy and do what they want though, cause they play for Chelsea.

Pretty much

Sturridge can dance as much as he wants. The second Bale makes a heart with his hands, I'm praying for Pepe to steam in from the back and stud him in the spine

Wilbur

Banned
For example the group of people who went around east London "Islamically policing" the area. It was in the news a few weeks back. Can't remember what they called themselves exactly but they were stopping people walking by saying things like you can't do this/that cos Muslims live here and it's not Islamic.

Mm. The failed suicide bombings of the last few days was quite surreal to read up on. Actively comparing yourselves to those in Four Lions surely isn't a wonderful boost of confidence :lol

faridmon

Now that is just pure stupidity. On what ground do they think that they can pull out nonsense like that?
I also, accepted the fact that pure with any intellectual brain muslims in this world are few and far between than the numbers suggests. But the good are really the best people I have met.

Clegg

Rahul ‏@forevruntd

This is Ryan Giggs 999th appearance in senior competitive football match. Manchester United 931 + Wales 64 + Great Britain 4.

Legend.

dc89

Well I've retired from betting. But if I was a betting man I'd have a cheeky punt on PNE to win and Swindon today.

PNE - new manager and that usually brings a lift.
Swindon - mangerless.

9/2

Salazar

Joss Whedon isn't even aware you're applauding, much less caring about it you odd fucks

That bellend is adapting Much Ado About Nothing.

I want to kick his testicles into mush. The nerve.

Branagh's Much Ado is thunderingly unimprovable. Even with Keanu.

Christ, imagine. I love it at a local gig or a small theatre production and you're clapping and you can really tell that those receiving it are honoured to be getting it.

Oh yeah it's totally appropriate in that kind of setting. My Dad told me about the time he saw Top Gun in America with the US Navy, all throught out the film the were standing up and cheering, clapping, whooing etc. They went mental at the final fight against the Russians, basically sucking each others dicks (appropriate for Top Gun) and giving themselves pats on the back for being citizens of the good 'ol stars and stripes.

Urgh.

Now that is just pure stupidity. On what ground do they think that they can pull out nonsense like that?
I also, accepted the fact that pure with any intellectual brain muslims in this world are few and far between than the numbers suggests. But the good are really the best people I have met.
Yeah it's a tough one.

I also find continuously blaming America/Israel for everything to be extremely grating since the Islamic world creates so many problems for itself. But admittedly my view is skewed since I don't live somewhere which genuinely has been fucked up by the west.

In any case Im not bothered anymore. Used to be something id debate heatedly and often but now I just stick to practising my faith within my home and hardly ever discuss it religiously/poltically outside of that. Seems the best way.

I have to admit that I cheered at the end of The Lion King last week. But at least I was on my own, Christ. I always thought that the behaviour in American cinemas was exaggerated, but good lord if it isn't...

Oh yeah it's totally appropriate in that kind of setting. My Dad told me about the time he saw Top Gun in America with the US Navy, all throught out the film the were standing up and cheering, clapping, whooing etc. They went mental at the final fight against the Russians, basically sucking each others dicks (appropriate for Top Gun) and giving themselves pats on the back for being citizens of the good 'ol stars and stripes.

Urgh.
Just reading this hurts.

faridmon

Vivalaraza said:
In any case Im not bothered anymore. Used to be something id debate heatedly and often but now I just stick to practising my faith within my home and hardly ever discuss it religiously/polticay outside of that. Seems the best way.

Likewise here. Debating and arguing will just create some unwanted tension that doesn't any good for both parties and I really don't like to talk about Religion in general with many out there. Meanwhile practicing it however I can, within my area of comfort.

Salazar

I got emotional in the Stargate movie when the goofy-looking bro got himself killed near the end.

Didn't shout out or anything. Just moaned gently.

Kyoufu

Urgh.

That's awesome.

dc89

Anyone else notice Bayern's twitter solely comprises of hash tags and more hash tags.

#jupp #heynckes #rummage etc

People making noise in the cinema is honestly the thing that just makes me see red instantly. Went to see Life of Pie not so long ago and these kids just sat and talked for the whole thing. I was literally sweating with anger.

Yen

People making noise in the cinema is honestly the thing that just makes me see red instantly. Went to see Life of Pie not so long ago and these kids just sat and talked for the whole thing. I was literally sweating with anger.
Should've got the manager
Edit: Hatcher, think Catholic Church recognises evolution.

faridmon

I have only ever see people do this in movies where the actors goes to the cinema, always wondered if some people actually did it.

Well, maybe I can understand why in that case since the actor is there (even though, it does seem a little over the top even in that case), but for regular showing where the actor is acting o screen in another part of the world, that seem a bit too gnarly.

The worst I saw was people clapping for The Artist in my Local Cinema in Nottinghill gate. Bloody HIPSTERS, all of them!

dc89

Yeah it pisses me off. I had a similar thing at Prometheus but they shut up after 15 mins or so.

Wreck It Ralph was amazing, 4 people in the entire screen.

Yeah it pisses me off. I had a similar thing at Prometheus but they shut up after 15 mins or so.

Wreck It Ralph was amazing, 4 people in the entire screen.

Love it when that happens. Saw Avengers with a few of my mates in IMAX a month after release. Just the 4 of us in the entire screening. Was like renting out an IMAX screen.

Perhaps this what I should do now.

Meier

In America yeah.
Occasionally and depending on the cinema you go to. It's pretty common in "urban" areas to have a lot of crowd interaction. I went to the opening night of Barbershop and had the time of my life. It was amazing.

Otherwise, it's usually like maybe a clap here and there and only in fanboy or fangirl-esque films (Lucas logo appearing, Harry kissing Hermione, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom