• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Only because he plays in a league marginally less shit.

Ibra > Bebe > Villa

iviTEEcz0VumG.gif

jtb

Banned
What's your opinion on Szczesny? I'm personally getting a little tired of his errors.

And we have a massive game against Spurs up next. What are your thoughts that? A draw ot win is really important there. A loss would be a disaster.

He needs competition to take his ego down a peg. Should've moved for Lloris; he was fucking cheap for a top keeper. I worry that we're going to move for Reina—it feels like classic Wenger. Rodgers is pushing him out, and Wenger moved for him before and I wouldn't mind it but... he's been inconsistent as hell this season.

I'm worried about the Spurs game. Spurs are in good form; no court cases or England job talk will save us this time and since it's at WHL, it'll be tough to get a result. Still, I think a draw is a good enough result to secure fourth because I think Chelsea and Spurs will drop points and it should be pretty wide open until the end of the season.

edit: and also we soon won't have to worry about Europe so that's a plus...... :(

Zabojnik

You disgusts me!

You'll come around eventually, Timo. I know you will. <3

The past three days have been some of the most boring of my life, I think. I've had stuff to do and places to go, but it's like Milan's victory over Barca sucked the life out of me for some reason. I'm been moping around the house ever since, declined a few invites to go out and even started the great Wheel Of Time reread (I'm actually reading the detailed summaries, not the books themselves). Yeah, I know, the series turned to shit a long time ago, but now that it's over I feel like I owe it to myself to finish reading it. I was so bored, I even tried watching some anime.

Juve, don't betray me tomorrow.

FootballFan

Btw lol I was just playing with the Villa - Raul thing. Just trying to see the different reactions compared to when people say Ronaldo/Messi aren't as good as Pele/Maradona because of a world cup trophy.

The past three days have been some of the most boring of my life, I think. I've had stuff to do and places to go, but it's like Milan's victory over Barca sucked the life out of me for some reason. I'm been moping around the house ever since, declined a few invites to go out and even started the great Wheel Of Time reread (I'm actually reading the detailed summaries, not the books themselves). Yeah, I know, the series turned to shit a long time ago, but now that it's over I feel like I owe it to myself to finish reading it. I was so bored, I even tried watching some anime.

I always knew you had a soft spot for Barca. <3

K1LLER7

Yeah I do. Might go to the Colombia game if I get a group of friends into the idea (6 hour drive).

Literally shitting my pants at every touch, like when Messi faces the team you support.
He'll be better than Messi. He just needs to return to Man United and take the #7 shirt from Valencia.

Read that RVP injured himself by hitting a camera. Shouldn't be too serious.

Suen

Arsenal need £200m cash splash to stay in top four - Ian Wright

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has claimed that Arsene Wenger needs to spend £200 million if the club are to stand any chance of seriously competing for a top four spot in the Premier League.

The former Gunners striker responded to claims that Arsene Wenger will receive £70m in the next window with contempt, saying that they need to spend almost three times that amount to remain in contention for Champions League qualification.

His comments came after a late winner from Santi Cazorla prevented a draw against Aston Villa, which would have capped off a disappointing week for Arsenal, as they recover from successive cup defeats at the hands of Blackburn Rovers and Bayern Munich.

Wright was adamant that the touted transfer budget was not enough and also stated that they still need to replace Robin van Persie.

"£70m is not enough! If Arsenal are going to stay in the top four they are going to need £200m or so to really compete and attract the right players," Wright said, speaking on his Absolute Radio show.

"Losing Robin van Persie was an unbelievable blow of course, but the fact that they haven't looked to replace him with a real top quality striker is hard to take."

The former England international was also keen to assert the club's need to target the right of player as he criticised the manner in which Wenger has added to his squad following big-name departures.

"Arsenal can't be in the market for £15m players, they need to add a few world class £30m-plus players to start competing again," he continued.

"Players leave the club, it's the nature of football, Thierry [Henry] left, [Samir] Nasri left, Robin left but Wenger needs to replenish the squad in the right way and he's just not doing it at the moment. £70m isn’t enough."

Ian Wright: Arsenal - £15m players team.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@FEMEXFUTOFICIAL: Alineación México Sub20: Sánchez; Flores; Marín; Briseño; Hernández; Zamorano; Gómez; Bueno; Van Rankin; Madrigal y Escoboza DT Sergio Almaguer

La Momia is playing! Time for some chilenas! :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Im on my ipad timerda.
Timerda is such a brilliant nickname :lol

Have no fear Zabo, we will in convincing fashion tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom