• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

In the last 5-8 years?

That's why I said pedigree.

Say what you want about this Arsenal, and even the one before it, but it's madness to chop a manager of Wenger's experience and success because Laudrup won the Capital One Cup. Wenger's record of qualifying for the Champions League is also exceptional, despite how (wrongfully) petty that sounds.

I'll be interested to see how he does in Europe next season. Arsene will have a big hand in choosing his successor, so it'll probably be someone we know little about. Dragan Stojković
was being talked about irrc.

Can see some mug offering him a job this summer, to be honest.

I'd love him to go to Chelsea.

jtb

Banned
Laudrup probably wouldn't want to come to Arsenal. Isn't he more of a coach than a manager? Right now, there's no director of football or any kind of structure at Arsenal, it's just Wenger doing everything. That might be a bit much for Laudrup to take on.

If I had to choose between Laudrup and Clarke, I'd choose Clarke. dat Mourinho connection.

Salvadora

That's why I said pedigree.

Say what you want about this Arsenal, and even the one before it, but it's madness to chop a manager of Wenger's experience and success because Laudrup won the Capital One Cup. Wenger's record of qualifying for the Champions League is also exceptional, despite how (wrongfully) petty that sounds.
I drop think he'll be chopped, I just think he may choose not to sign a new deal.

pulsemyne

I'll be interested to see how he does in Europe next season. Arsene will have a big hand in choosing his successor, so it'll probably be someone we know little about. Dragan Stojković
was being talked about irrc.

Why would he want to go and manage a team that's barely above us in the league and has lost to us.

ATF487

Laudrup probably wouldn't want to come to Arsenal. Isn't he more of a coach than a manager? Right now, there's no director of football or any kind of structure at Arsenal, it's just Wenger doing everything. That might be a bit much for Laudrup to take on.

If I had to choose between Laudrup and Clarke, I'd choose Clarke. dat Mourinho connection.

Laudrup has also said he doesn't want to be coaching/managing his whole life and likes the lower expectations at Swansea. Not sure if he's serious but I'd be surprised if he went to a club like Arsenal

Arnie

I drop think he'll be chopped, I just think he may choose not to sign a new deal.

I think he'll be disappointed to end his Arsenal career next season, but I think the club will look elsewhere.

Why would he want to go and manage a team that's barely above us in the league and has lost to us.
Don't tell me you're seriously asking why Laudrup would want to manage Arsenal over Swansea?

Salvadora

I think he'll be disappointed to end his Arsenal career next season, but I think the club will look elsewhere.

I think it's possible he may move to a role more in the background at Arsenal, although that would cast a huge shadow over any future manager.

Salvadora

"I would love Stojkovic to be my successor, there are a hundred reasons for that," Wenger told Serbian paper Vecernje Novosti. ''Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football. I knew he was going to have teams playing attacking football with many passes.

''He has done that, showing he will be a great coach.I told him that if he could transmit his football imagination to his players he would fly high."

Stojkovic won the J-League title with Nagoya last season and also played under Wenger when he was coach at club - picking up the Japanese league's MVP award in 1995.

Wenger also revealed that Stojkovic is a regular visitor to England.

"Dragan comes to London at least once a year," Wenger confirmed. "We meet up, chat and try to outsmart each other. It's a great achievement for him to have won a championship. I was a coach in Japan for two years and didn't manage it even though I had Piksi, who was the best player in the league, in my team."

Wenger admitted for the first time that he was considering his options at Arsenal a year ago, telling the club's official website in January 2010: ''What is important is that the club is in good hands, whether they are mine or someone else's. Whether I personally leave on a positive or negative note is a little bit less important."

The Frenchman, though, signed a new contract at the club in August, keeping him in north London until 2014, although said that it would most likely be his last when he claimed: ''At 65 I will certainly move to some different job, unless I still feel like I feel today.''
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/8...ragan-stojkovic-as-arsenal-successor?cc=5739#
It's certainly interesting.

Arsenal can do much better than either Laudrup or Clarke anyways.

There are managers who have achieved alot more around who Arsenal could easily attract to the club.

They finished fourth that year didn't they?

Queiroz never cut it as a manager unfortunately.
Not sure but he didnt do anything much, yeah. They've made alot of concessions for Mourinho. Removed Valdano as the DoF too.

If expect them to bring that role back for whoever is next because Mourinho has just upset far too many people at the club.

jtb

Banned
Mourinho or bust

I'd actually love for AVB to replace Wenger, but I think he's going to be quite successful at Spurs so that's probably not going to happen.

Salvadora

Mourinho or bust

I'd actually love for AVB to replace Wenger, but I think he's going to be quite successful at Spurs so that's probably not going to happen.

I'm just glad we are keeping AVB in the EPL. I thought after the Chelsea fiasco he would move to foreign shores and never come back.

Timurid

BD4_9zCCIAA0axB.jpg:large

ALLEZ LE PSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#PSGOM Sur le banc parisien: Douchez, Camara, Van Der Wiel, Chantome, Beckham, Menez, Gameiro

Mourinho or bust

Yeah I'd love AVB at Arsenal too. The fans probably wouldn't accept him though, coming from Spurs and all :p

The two formations for the Derby:

Inter: Handanovic; Zanetti, Juan Jesus, Ranocchia, Nagatomo; Gargano, Cambiasso; Alvarez, Guarin, Palacio; Cassano.

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio; Muntari, Montolivo, Nocerino; Boateng, Balotelli, El Shaarawy.

I guess that Ranocchia is the only surprise, the rest of the formations were predicted days ago. 50 minutes to go.

Fun fact: when Milan wins, Berlusconi loses the elections. When Milan loses, Berlusconi wins the elections. Two birds with one stone.

Timurid

The two formations for the Derby:

Inter: Handanovic; Zanetti, Juan Jesus, Ranocchia, Nagatomo; Gargano, Cambiasso; Alvarez, Guarin, Palacio; Cassano.

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio; Muntari, Montolivo, Nocerino; Boateng, Balotelli, El Shaarawy.

I guess that Ranocchia is the only surprise, the rest of the formations were predicted days ago. 50 minutes to go.

Fun fact: when Milan wins, Berlusconi loses the elections. When Milan loses, Berlusconi wins the elections. Two birds with one stone.

I hope you win then.

In ME2, do I have to take people with me on missions to unlock their loyalty missions?

Got the Krogan in the pod downstairs, gonna go and recruit Jack before letting him out though

Lightning

Banned
Great result for City. Thank you very much.

Now all we need is for West Ham to get the job done against Spurs and this will have been a very satisfactory weekend if results.

I have to kiss goodbye to my chances of a fantasy betting league title, I just took a 12 point transfer hit. Risk taking time.

Its become a bit rubbish since the three of you at the top have the same big-hitters :(

I'm only on 41 points with Walker left to play, My captaincy change backfired badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom