• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

I'd say a hat trick at Wembley is proportionally more special than a single goal. C'mon now, while a goal at Wembley is important, a hat trick is on a whole other level - any player would try for that.

Of course they would, but De Guzman won the penalty and is a better penalty taker. It would have been a nice gesture to give it to him, but seeing Dyer's reaction and petulance, I don't understand how anyone can take Dyer's side.

I think it's more fair to fault someone for being selfish and whiny than the person who just wanted to take what he had rightfully earned.

Seriously #teamdyer have got this very wrong. Has a keeper ever scored in the League Cup final before? If not, why not let him take it?

That's your logic right there.

deroli

Meh. Bad game, bad result. We really did not deserve more than one point after that disappointing second half. Gladbach played cowardly in the first half and still managed to score a goal. We can only blame our own shitty performance for that. But Kehl's missed opportunity is driving me mad. Goalkeeper was already beaten, no opponent around him and he shoots the ball over the fucking bar. FFS, his right foot is useless :(

BREAKING: Geoff Shreeves is waiting for full-time so that he can tell Nathan Dyer if he'd scored the penalty he would have made history#ssn

:lol

Some of us are....others simply know fuck all about the sport :p

Hope these Bradford fans decide to actually support the team back in league 2
I know 6 people at the game today who have never been to a Bradford game in their life :p

That was bound to happen though I guess. Aren't Bradford are one of the better supported teams in League 2 I think already?

Buffon is my designated penalty taker in FIFA.

It's hard not to take pens with your keeper in Fifa, even if it's an important goal you are about to score you just can't help it.

I know 6 people at the game today who have never been to a Bradford game in their life :p

That was bound to happen though I guess. Aren't Bradford are one of the better supported teams in League 2 I think already?

Commentator said they average about 10k at every match, pretty impressive.

I find myself both impressed with and annoyed with the Bradford support

On the day they are great but being a football fan isn't about a day out at Wembley when you don't make any effort the rest f the time

Happy for their real fans though

Fucking de Guzman why didn't he pass?

Seriously #teamdyer have got this very wrong. Has a keeper ever scored in the League Cup final before? If not, why not let him take it?

That's your logic right there.

59Vt6.gif

I am done with this thread

ATF487

I find myself both impressed with and annoyed with the Bradford support

On the day they are great but being a football fan isn't about a day out at Wembley when you don't make any effort the rest f the time

Happy for their real fans though

Fucking de Guzman why didn't he pass?

You're always going to get those types of fans though, wherever you are.

L1NETT

Congrast swansea, but proud nonetheless

Bit drunk, but proud!

GG

Edit: Oh and club corporate wembley people are wankers. Half empty too. Yuck.

Randdalf

Swansea have to play in Europe next season? They won't do as well as they did this season then, ridiculously early Europa League qualifying rounds and all that malarkey.

Awesome for Swansea. Their first ever trophy!

Club's done so well over the last few years and it's all come from dedicated planning and hard-work.

Lot of credit to them.

I think we have one Swansea fan here so hopefully he'll post in a drunken state later on tonight!

Clegg

Congrats to Swansea for winning the cup.

And congrats to Bradford for making the final.

Tremendous achievements for both teams.

jtb

Banned
Swansea have to play in Europe next season? They won't do as well as they did this season then, ridiculously early Europa League qualifying rounds and all that malarkey.

Well they're still a bit far off the CL spots, so they might as well enjoy Europe imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom