• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Gravity always wins, dudes.

Thom_Yorke---.jpg

GorillaJu

Speaking of which, I have yet to fully understand the Liverpool hate going on in this thread, mostly from fans of other PL clubs. Suarez seems to be just a small part of it.

It's Manchester United OT bruh. For real, honestly it'd be similar to Juve hate if Juve weren't kings of Italy (and soon Europe) again. Fallen giants and such.

Does she tell you that you have a kyokon?

俺巨根があるって常識だよ
みんな知ってんだ

:]

Zabojnik

It's Manchester United OT bruh. For real, honestly it'd be similar to Juve hate if Juve weren't kings of Italy (and soon Europe) again. Fallen giants and such.

What goes around comes around, brah. You'll be alright. <3

Now tell us one of your fabulous sexual anecdotes with asian woman.

Salazar

Speaking of which, I have yet to fully understand the Liverpool hate going on in this thread, mostly from fans of other PL clubs. Suarez seems to be just a small part of it.

EaVxMbh.gif

There's not that much hate. Suarez is the only player they've got who I think is a dick. They're not a particularly violent or boring or underhanded lot, whereas a club like Stoke deserves almost nothing but contempt.

It's mostly the chip-on-shoulder paranoia and grandiose delusion (perpetually "one player away" from a title; perpetually deserving of a space "back where this club belongs") of their managers and a vocal, mentalist proportion of their fans.

GorillaJu

What goes around comes around, brah. You'll be alright. <3

Now tell us one of your fabulous sexual anecdotes with asian woman.

Most are probably very boring. When I lived in Korea though I went on a double date with a Korean friend and two Japanese chicks who were in the country to study Korean. I hooked up w/ the older of the two (she was 38) but she left in the middle of the night and when I woke up my dick was covered in her blood. Never saw her again romantically, but she ended up marrying the Korean dude from the double date.

Other than that not much to tell. Dated a Korean hostess who disappeared from my life randomly only to later pop up on MSN to tell me she's been married all along. Lots of similar experiences in Korea (hooking up with or dating girls who were engaged or married unbeknownst to me)

GorillaJu

I've said my peace plenty on the Liverpool hate debate, but I will say you can't stop "delusions of grandeur" because it's a big club, so the fans will always think big. The drop off in quality was so sudden and so large that most fans probably don't accept that it's looking more than just temporary. This is, IMO, normal for any team in this situation.

Like I said, with Juve, they were thought of in similar terms - I'm sure Milan and Inter fans (a few years ago) would have laughed at Juve fans who demanded or expected a title push. They were, lets be honest, somewhat fortunate that Inter collapsed post-Mourinho and Milan have found themselves in financial turmoil. Obviously it's only just made the competition a little simpler for them, can't take anything away from how they've played or the effect Conte has had on the team since coming in. They've earned their place at the top.

However, while Juve climbed back up, those circumstances will never happen for Liverpool. There are 5 clubs ahead of us (United, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal) in extremely clear terms, plus some clubs like Everton, who don't have the money or the team we do, but are still every bit as capable as us of breaking into the top 4. Those clubs at the top won't be having a collapse like Inter had, and I can't see us just playing our way into the top 4 without a real break-through of talent, like how Xabi, Mascherano and Torres all fit together so well despite all of them being doubted before they became stars at LFC.

Also, Rodgers is misquoted a lot. I sympathize with him because I have a similar issue with communication, where I often search for an all-descriptive phrase and come to some conclusion in my head without leading on my listener to the thought process. The "near perfect away performance" was in full "until the two goals, I thought it was a near perfect away performance," which is him lauding the team for being tight, keeping possession and restricting chances despite being away from home, up until ~70m when the goals were scored. Of course, you take away the context and it sounds ridiculous since we lost that game 2-0.

lol MSN.

What do the kids use nowadays? BBM and FB?

Koreans and Japanese people used MSN heavily up until very recently. I had to use it to get in contact with girls who were overly cautious about giving out their phone number (in hindsight its probably because most of them were secretly engaged or had steady boyfriends, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time).

FootballFan

I hate when Iniesta is on the left. He is wasted there. Man up and put Villa out there, messi up front, pedro on the right and iniesta/xavi/busi in mid field.

Classic Pep style. MVP and Tridente!

Exactly, MVP + BIX or MVT + BIX please.(Tello instead of Pedro)

Lightning

Banned
My signings of the season:

10. Berbatov
9. Dembele
8. De Guzman
7. Sissoko
6. Cazorla
5. Chico
4. Lukaku
3. Benteke
2. Michu
1. Van Persie
Hugo Lloris and Julio Cesar are also excellent signings who deserve a mention and Nacho Monreal has started great for us. Harder for defensive signings to shine though.

Wilbur

Banned
Hugo Lloris and Julio Cesar are also excellent signings who deserve a mention and Nacho Monreal has started great for us. Harder for defensive signings to shine though.

Holy shit how did I forget Lloris and Cesar? Knock the bottom two off the list and put both GKs in there, cheers

Timurid

I just woke up after falling asleep to the Milan match and uhm as far as I remember, lightning is from the US, football fan from New Zealand and Wilbury just got home from his prostitution that just pays much better in the night.

I thought Lightning is from Australia?

shortyme

I just woke up after falling asleep to the Milan match and uhm as far as I remember, lightning is from the US, football fan from New Zealand and Wilbury just got home from his prostitution that just pays much better in the night.

I knew Wilbury was a whore. Will you dance for money?

Lightning

Banned
I'm in NZ. 6.25pm for me I just finished work and about to watch the Chelsea vs. City game I recorded from this morning so I can lol at Rafa some more.

choodi

Banned
It's mostly the chip-on-shoulder paranoia and grandiose delusion (perpetually "one player away" from a title; perpetually deserving of a space "back where this club belongs") of their managers and a vocal, mentalist proportion of their fans.

Spot on right here.

Never experienced a more delusional bunch in my life.

Even the glory hunters who switch between Chelsea, City, Madrid and Barca are more bearable.

GorillaJu

Xabi left us and wasn't replaced :(

Xabi gone, Mascherano gone, Torres losing his spark, Kuyt and Carra aging beyond usefulness, lots of factors that all hit at the same time and couldn't be mitigated because of the situation with the owners not providing any funds to buy replacements.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Xabi gone, Mascherano gone, Torres losing his spark, Kuyt and Carra aging beyond usefulness, lots of factors that all hit at the same time and couldn't be mitigated because of the situation with the owners not providing any funds to buy replacements.

Just like the Red Sox

sohois

What happened, exactly?

It's a combination of factors. The first and probably most significant was the ownership of Hicks and Gilette, 2 who promised much but just left Liverpool with a load of debt and no investment. Things started to turn bad on the field in 2009. As Mastadon said, Xabi Alonso left and was not properly replaced. Now, there were a number of rumours about what was happening during that season, Benitez's last, which caused such difficulties but the end result was Liverpool fell out of the top 4.

This in itself was bad but not terrible; the loss of revenue coupled with H&Gs mismanagement made it harder for Liverpool to do transfer business, but there was no reason Liverpool couldn't have bounced back into the top 4. However, another H&G masterstroke fucked all that up. Christian Purslow, a man who was a Liverpool fan but also an incredible moron and complete cunt, decided to play Football Manager, sacking Rafa Benitez in order to replace him with Roy Hodgson. This exacerbated the already difficult footballing situation as Roy decided it was a good idea to send Aquilani and Insua on loan in order to spend £10million on Konchesky & Poulsen, 2 of the worst players to appear for Liverpool. Now, bear in mind there was no reason for Hodgson to have ever been appointed, even if Rafa had to go there other options. Dalglish had been asked to examine the candidates and decided that none were suitable, therefore suggesting himself for the position. Before Hodgson was hired, Dalglish was able to arrange an interview with Pellegrini, who was supposed to be ready to come to the club. But Purslow decided to ignore all that and chose the media darling.

So Hodgson comes in and is a complete disaster. Thankfully, at this point Liverpool get some respite. H&G are forced out of the club by the banks, leading to FSG taking over and removing the financial burden of the debt. Halfway through the season Hodgson is removed and Dalglish comes in and everything seems great, another chance perhaps to get back into the top 4. Unfortunately, Dalglish and DoF Damien Comolli waste £35 million on Andy Carroll, doubling down on their mistake with Stewart Downing in the summer. Liverpool again struggle on the pitch and fail to make top 4. This leads to Dalglish being sacked and replaced with Rodgers who has to operate on a more stringent budget and leaves Liverpool with their current long-term rebuilding job.

One other big factor has been the emergence of a second Oil club in Man City and the growth of Tottenham further increasing the competition for top 4. Had Liverpool's difficulties occured in 2007, say, it would have been far easier for them to rebound into the CL.

PowderedToast

yeah, but i think that the short period of hodgson hurt us a lot, it took so much wind out of our sails. typically when you move onto the next manager there's a lot of goodwill and optimism that can carry you over the rocky periods, if there's promise. but we made some big mistakes. i feel like the club as had at least two 'restarts' already - we need consistency before anything becomes foreseeable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom