• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Wilbury, just saw your newest pictures on facebook. You have a Nirvana shirt... tell me you like them?

You're ok in my books again (taste-wise)

I love Nirvana, but the way they're deified has always seemed odd to me.

FM 2013: just lost to Swansea the Capital One Cup, 2-0. I'm managing Chelsea.

Fuck FM.

Are you Rafa in disguise?

Like Rafa would even get to a cup final with Chelsea :lol

Salazar

Are you Rafa in disguise?

hS62dMp.gif

RAFA HAS IMPROVED THE TEAM, Mastadon.

Dammit, it's obvious.

dc89

Haha, I love that we've inspired an almost Pavlovian response in you!

:lol I've got a complex these days.

----

Right, I need a little bit of help with Game of Thrones S2 and A Storm of Swords help, obviously SPOILERS.

In the TV show Robb meets that girl who identifies herself as Tulisa or Tylisa (?) I think. He meets her on the field after a battle and she's some sort of medic or nurse.

IIRC he marries her or just gets it on with her in the show. Yet in the book he marries Lady Jayne Westerling.

Did the show divert from the book here or is there something I've missed?!

Mastadon

Banned
:lol I've got a complex these days.

----

Right, I need a little bit of help with Game of Thrones S2 and A Storm of Swords help, obviously SPOILERS.

In the TV show Robb meets that girl who identifies herself as Tulisa or Tylisa (?) I think. He meets her on the field after a battle and she's some sort of medic or nurse.

IIRC he marries her or just gets it on with her in the show. Yet in the book he marries Lady Jayne Westerling.

Did the show divert from the book here or is there something I've missed?!

You've not missed anything, it's just an editoral change to make it easier for the audience I suppose. Talisa isn't in the books.

Clegg

It's amazing how much better you feel after throwing up. Was dying all day Sunday but still didn't get sick. Went to bed at 9 and was woken up every hour by acidic flushes in my chest. Finally got sick about half an hour ago and I feel great now.

I probably shouldn't be sharing all this but up until an hour ago I was feverish so I'm still a bit woozy.
I spoke too soon. Feel like shite again.

Think I have the flu. Worst thing is the temperature I'm running is causing pains in my legs. I hate that.

Nyx

Tommy Oar was always the brightest of all the rising stars in Australia. I really hope he develops quick, because the Socceroos really need someone like him.

He has such a great crosspass, even if he isn't in his best form (like yesterday) he still manages to give at least 3-4 crosspasses per game that you only have to run into to score.

Adil Rami is supposedly in negotiations to join Anzhi. Apparently there was a stipulation in his contract that lowered his release clause from 25 million to 12 million once the January transfer window closed. He wants 5 million a year in wages but that's chump change to Anzhi. Would be a good bit of business for them to be honest. Replace Samba with Rami, make profit and lower the wage bill. Plus Rami is better, too. Still, fuck Hiddink and fuck Roberto Carlos!

It's Carrick you know, hard to believe it's not Scholes.

I like that the fans have found a song for England's best CM player but unless you require use of a guide dog the difference is obv apparent.

Mastadon

Banned
Arsene: Arsenal can finish second

Deluded Old Man said:
Arsene Wenger says finishing second in the Premier League is not out of Arsenal's reach.
Wenger has recently seen his side beaten by Blackburn in the FA Cup and Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

But he believes they can secure the runners-up spot in the league, despite being nine points behind second-placed Manchester City with 11 games left.
"Man City is not out of reach. It could be a tight fight until the end," said the Arsenal boss.
Despite enduring a torrid time last week in cup competition, Arsenal's 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Saturday was their third straight league success, following victories against Sunderland and Stoke.
Yet they remain fifth in the table, behind City, Chelsea and Tottenham ahead of Sunday's north London derby at White Hart Lane.
Manchester United, who Arsenal still have to play at Emirates Stadium on 28 April, are 21 points clear of the Gunners at the top of the table.
Wenger insists his team can not only overtake Tottenham and Chelsea, but also overhaul City and qualify automatically for a place in next season's Champions League group stage.
"I'm not sure it will only be a fight with Tottenham," he added when asked about the battle for fourth. "I'm not sure the other places are not reachable.
"Chelsea are just ahead and even Manchester City is not out of reach. It could be a tight fight until the end."
Arsenal have not finished outside the Premier League's top four since Wenger took charge in September 1996.
The last time they ended the season in the top two was in 2004-05 when they were runners-up to Chelsea.

GorillaJu

I think the Internet's obsession with 8GB GDDR5 RAM has already won Sony the "system power" battle before its even begun. The widespread use of that phrase is going to trickle down into the masses and it'll be the "64 bits!!" of 2013. Well done Sony.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gary Cahill on City game:

“Yes (I did a lot of defending), way too much really. I don’t know why or what was wrong. Normally you probably get asked to do three or four important things in a game, against Man City I probably had 20-25.

“Unfortunately we kept getting asked the question and ultimately there is always going to be a goal. That’s what happened, they had that many (chances).

“I thought they were on top for most of the game, they kept coming at us, coming at us. You defend one, you defend two but sooner or later it is going to go in and that’s what happened.”

Surprisingly candid. The return of Mikel will hopefully fuck everything up for Chelsea because for some reason Benitez thinks he is good at defending.

I honestly think that with Lloris, Dawson and BAE now firmly in the first XI we have a much better defense than our London rivals, since that Everton game we have not conceded more than one goal in a league game nor have we lost a match. When you consider that we are 4th with Adebayor hardly contributing anything, we still have another level to get to. If he can contribute 6-8 goals in the last 12 games we will be sitting pretty.

I think the Internet's obsession with 8GB GDDR5 RAM has already won Sony the "system power" battle before its even begun. The widespread use of that phrase is going to trickle down into the masses and it'll be the "64 bits!!" of 2013. Well done Sony.

People in the real world don't care about such things and never will. People still think you can plug your Tivo into your HDTV with a composite cable and be watching in 'HD'.

Except for the fact that it's not just some weird math (alá Jaguar), but a huge, legit advantage if the 720 rumors are to be believed.

fuenf

Aren't all agents massive cunts?

"Robert has made his decision. Everybody who followed Robert's career knows that he never stayed at a club for more than two years. He's playing in his third season for Dortmund now and if you can read between the lines you know what that means."

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury, just saw your newest pictures on facebook. You have a Nirvana shirt... tell me you like them?

You're ok in my books again (taste-wise)

Yeah they're great. Not the saviour of all music and the finest band ever to walk the earth, but great

pappe

Developers will use the most successful/appropriate platform as the basis for their games. I don't know if better specs will yield much for 3rd party games.

Developers will use the Least Common Denominator as a basis for their games, so that their games would run equally on all the consoles they decide to put their games on.

So if the next-box is not as powerful as PS4 then the extra potential of PS4 will never be utilized by 3rd party games.

fuenf

Developers will use the Least Common Denominator as a basis for their games, so that their games would run equally on all the consoles they decide to put their games on.

Yeah but the PS4 will most likely offer the better version just like the 360 did this gen. Matter of fact, it should be far easier to exploit that little bit of extra power given how similar these two consoles appear to be.

FM Update: Real Madrid knocked us out from the CL, 0-0 at Stamford Bridge after 3-2 at the Santiago Bernabeu. Lewandoski hit the post and missed an easy goal. I'm starting to hate him. 9 shots on goal for us, 1 for Real. Ffs.

--

Meanwhile, this afternoon Milan U21 team will face Anderlecht in the Viareggio Cup, the most important italian cup for youngsters. The last time we won that cup was in 2001, when even Antonini managed to score in the final.

Developers will use the most successful/appropriate platform as the basis for their games. I don't know if better specs will yield much for 3rd party games.
Not this time around, it's pretty obvious that the "x86-cross-platform" that is PS4/720/PC/steambox will allow for pretty much joint development and will provide scalability like we've never seen before so if the PCs outgrew consoles in a year's time, it'll probably go PC>PS4>720 (in terms of subtracting effects and lowering the res).
Of course, Wii U is the odd man out. Death to Nintendo.

Lewandowski's agent appears to be a massive cunt, what a stupid comment. I feel sorry for our Dortmund fans.
None of us care by now.

Will mean it will get the games closer to PC versions, it might be small advantages but most devs already do a lot of small things that in the ends adds up for the more powerful hardware, especially with them all pretty much being PC's and no silly cell crap.

"Robert has made his decision. Everybody who followed Robert's career knows that he never stayed at a club for more than two years. He's playing in his third season for Dortmund now and if you can read between the lines you know what that means."

All I can read between the lines is that someone's trying his best to become the new Raiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom