• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Its being reported that United's new training kit sponsor will be Qatar Airways and the deal will be worth £100m over 8 years.

dat oil money

No hangover for me, sweeeeet. Gotta get home, get ready and leave again to get to work for 4. Always missing fucking qualities football nowadays.

Bale goal was amazing btw

Wilbur

Banned
If Bale wins PoTY then nobody can have any real complaints. He's now the player the media thought he was in 2011.

Hasn't the voting been done already? If so I think he'll be nominated but won't win.

Reckon it'll be RVP to win, Mata, Suarez, Michu and Bale on the shortlist, and then there's normally one more isn't there?

Clegg

Disappointing.
Have to agree. Its only a £2.5m per year increase over the DHL deal. It should be mentioned that this could just be the media pulling random figures out of the air.

Its also being reported that we'll need a new airline sponsor as our Turkish Airways deal is near its end.

Have to agree. Its only a £2.5m per year increase over the DHL deal. It should be mentioned that this could just be the media pulling random figures out of the air.

Its also being reported that we'll need a new airline sponsor as our Turkish Airways deal is near its end.

Only 2.5m increase? What's the point. They could get a better deal than that.

Inzaghi will coach the Milan Primavera next year (under 21-ish), while Gattuso will be both player and manager of Sion, the Swiss team he moved to last year.

United-GAF
Footy-GAF

Who would you rather played against Madrid, Evans or Vidic? Evans didn't do much wrong in the first game and played really well but Vidic has been great the last few weeks. We've got 3 clean sheets in a row in the games he's played and generally we look more assured defensively when he plays, IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
United-GAF
Footy-GAF

Who would you rather played against Madrid, Evans or Vidic? Evans didn't do much wrong in the first game and played really well but Vidic has been great the last few weeks. We've got 3 clean sheets in a row in the games he's played and generally we look more assured defensively when he plays, IMO.

Heart saying Vidic, head saying Evans. Not exactly sure why because obv at the top of their game Vidic is infinitely better than Jevgod, but there's a part of me that thinks he'll get stunningly roasted for pace by Di Maria/Ronaldo.

If Ferdinand/Vidic started together normally I wouldn't have a worry in the world, but I suppose for a game of this magnitude it's whether Fergie trusts that to work with two slower and older centre backs. Based on ability then certainly those two.

Linius

512bbced18b1c-ruzie.gif

Dutch 'journalists' playing the Lens incident from last weeks game :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i74K7E3bhPA

Oh and the David Attenborough version :D

Clegg

It should be RVP or Suarez.

Still can't believe Giggs and Bale it won it the years they did.

Stupid award.
Bale has dome a hell of a lot in the last 3 months though. And while I think RVP and Suarez have done more than enough to deserve the award, I wouldnt have much of a problem if Bale won it.

He'd certainly be more deserving than he was in 2011. That was a joke.

Bale has dome a hell of a lot in the last 3 months though. And while I think RVP and Suarez have done more than enough to deserve the award, I wouldnt have much of a problem if Bale won it.

He'd certainly be more deserving than he was in 2011. That was a joke.
Hes been brilliant but RVP and Suarez have been at it since Gameweek 1.

I can see why'd he might win it but if you ask me who the best player this season has been it's Suarez and RVP vying for #1 spot and Bale in 3rd with Mata.

Wes

venison crêpe
Its being reported that United's new training kit sponsor will be Qatar Airways and the deal will be worth £100m over 8 years.

The financial fair play skirt arounds are hilarious but it does make me wonder why they never though about these kind of lucrative sponsorships before their hands were forced.

The financial fair play skirt arounds are hilarious but it does make me wonder why they never though about these kind of lucrative sponsorships before their hands were forced.
I don't think we're planning on spending enough money to require an FFP skirt around at this point :(

Salazar

Colin Bell's wikipedia, lol

there is said:
Bell is regarded as one of England's finest ever midfield players, being described by one commentator as 'the most finished article in the modern game'

Some current fans and pundits in the game, have compared City midfielder Michael Johnson to Bell.

GorillaJu

Was thinking about POTY this morning and it's got to be RVP.

As much as I'd like Suarez to win it, and I think he really deserves it, you've got to include results in the equation, and United are top of the league and in 3 competitions still while Liverpool is sitting our fat asses in mid table and out of all trophy races.

Bale, Michu and Mata all have a shot, Michu seems to be a media darling and Bale definitely is. I don't think either have been better than Suarez, but I could see a case for Bale over Luis.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maradona : "I'm the best player of all time. Messi is great, but he didn't see the ball against Milan. Pele? He just says stupid things."

KuGsj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mino Raiola : “Pogba’s talent is crystal clear, It is hard to find another player like him around.

“Everyone at Juventus is helping him to grow and there are no signs that he will be saying farewell at the end of the season

So next season then?

tumblr_miqsghHXyF1r30r4xo8_250.gif

choodi

Banned
Yeap, fuck Madrid.

Parasitical, self-mythologising twat-caravan of a club, jammed to overflowing with squabbling man-children and blissfully inane twaddle about honour and tradition and some kind of ethos.

And they play in a bent league. Which they rob, annually and without a shade of compunction.

Lay that fucking truth down Salazar. Never were truer words spoken on this forum.

Can you include your thoughts on barca while you're at it? Seems you have a knack for exposing the truth about certain clubs that other members of GAF seem to ignore.

Zabojnik

Did you hear about this Zabo

It's the only way. Bypass Marotta. No more Pelusos and Padoins, please.

I also have no doubt that Conte will leave sooner or later. He's a very ambitious man, he'll probabily give it a few more years with us, win another scudetto or two, chase that illusive CL and then go to Real / PSG / wherever. He won't be "our Ferguson", that's for sure.

Salazar

Can you include your thoughts on barca while you're at it?

Parasitical, self-mythologising twat-caravan of a club, jammed to overflowing with squabbling man-children and blissfully inane twaddle about honour and tradition and some kind of ethos.

And they play in a bent league. Which they rob, annually and without a shade of compunction.

I also have no doubt that Conte will leave sooner or later. He's a very ambitious man, he'll probabily give it a few more years with us, win another scudetto or two, chase that illusive CL and then go to Real / PSG / wherever. He won't be "our Ferguson", that's for sure.

Pocchetino is doing ok without much English.

The next gen of Arsenal wasters said:

tumblr_inline_mis42wC9Q61r3kshr.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's the only way. Bypass Marotta. No more Pelusos and Padoins, please.

Oh yeah, but he won't leave us until we win the Champions League.

So, never. ;)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
NevGOD slaughtered QPR in his analysis, lol.

They are painful to watch in slow-motion.

Samba looks like he's moving in slow-motion in real time anyway. It was a monumentally stupid idea to buy an unfit player for such a crucial position.

They're fucked anyway, they have no goalscorers. Hughes was on crack thinking Andy Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Djibril Cisse were a good trio of strikers to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom