• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Is that familymart kung pao chicken? Weren't there any real places to get it or is it just some deceptive packaging?

Also I'm surprised people are still away for Spring festival since all the schools have started back up again, or at least the ones here have

no family mart here! was from a little store which offers mainly food from 西安!had to walk a lil to get there. the supermarket and the food stores around the university here are still closed :( Are u from China??

Blablurn

coupon_bg_130218.jpg

I'm so gonna eat this bad boy very soon

Hoplatee

Steve McClaren throws the towel and leaves FC Twente.

Not that surprising. FC Twente has been horrible this whole season. It's a shame. They were doing so well in Europe for a few years in a row as well but this year just has been... Well, I can't even explain how terrible they played.

Though the latest results aren't really his fault but eh...

Nyx

Not that surprising. FC Twente has been horrible this whole season. It's a shame. They were doing so well in Europe for a few years in a row as well but this year just has been... Well, I can't even explain how terrible they played.

Though the latest results aren't really his fault but eh...

Terrible transfers in are the reason Twente sucks so much this year imo.

And looking at who wants to leave after this season and who's contracts expire, I bet Twente will have to set their ''topclub'' aspirations in the fridge for a few years....

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think if we get top 4 Bale will give us at least one more season. He's young, he's got a long contract, I think he really likes Tottenham. If in summer 2014 he wants to go to Madrid at the age of 24, fine.

As with Modric, Levy will just ignore all offers for the first year and force the player to stay if he has to. If Bale hadn't developed so well, I think Levy might be more open to it, but the way he has become our Ronaldo in terms of match winning goals, he's too important to lose now. If he'd stayed as a 10 goal a season winger, we could afford to lose him. Now he is a complete beast who can do everything from any attacking position.

dc89

GameTrailers are doing a KH Timeline. Best of luck with that, I lost track it of ages ago!

I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?

Zabojnik

I think if we get top 4 Bale will give us at least one more season. He's young, he's got a long contract, I think he really likes Tottenham. If in summer 2014 he wants to go to Madrid at the age of 24, fine.

As with Modric, Levy will just ignore all offers for the first year and force the player to stay if he has to. If Bale hadn't developed so well, I think Levy might be more open to it, but the way he has become our Ronaldo in terms of match winning goals, he's too important to lose now. If he'd stayed as a 10 goal a season winger, we could afford to lose him. Now he is a complete beast who can do everything from any attacking position.

Dat conviction. <3

Banned paper so probably 98% bullshit, but dammit we need a "being Chelsea".

Rafa Benitez was involved in a training ground bust-up with Chelsea's shell-shocked squad on Monday.

Less than 24 hours after they were beaten 2-0 by champions Manchester City, the Spaniard told his players that their attitude had cost a series of managers the sack, then lectured them on their failure to grasp tactics and a lack of effort.

But interim manager Benitez was stunned when one senior player suggested he might be at fault, given the club's success in winning the European Cup last May.

'We won the European Cup with this team,' the player said. A furious Benitez also accused the squad of under-performing since he replaced Roberto Di Matteo in November.
Sportsmail understands skipper John Terry, who has been overlooked since recovering from injury, then made a passionate case on behalf of the players, even though he wasn't even on the pitch at the Etihad Stadium.

Benitez is trying to prepare the players for Wednesday's FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough, but he is now facing a battle to keep them onside.

Chelsea failed to win the FIFA Club World Cup in December and were then beaten over two legs in the Capital One Cup semi-final by eventual winners Swansea.
They are only two points clear of fifth-place Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League and face a tough trip to the Riverside for tomorrow's fifth-round tie.
It's understood that he began a pre-training discussion with the player by calling them into a huddle at their training centre in Cobham, Surrey.

After picking up on a comment made by skipper Terry in the dressing room following their defeat at City, Benitez attempted to single him out. Terry defended himself and reminded Benitez that senior players have spoken to him about his managerial methods since he arrived after Chelsea's shambolic defeat in the Champions League against Juventus.

A discussion that began with the best of intentions then descended into a heated discussion between the players and the interim coach.

One player reminded Benitez that, in addition to the Champions League, this Chelsea squad also won three Premier League titles and four FA Cups.
On Monday night sources at the club played down the nature of the exchange and maintained that it did not have an impact on the quality of the training session that followed.

Benitez has held several discussions with Chelsea's players about the training at the club since he replaced Di Matteo.
He knows he will be replaced in the summer. Chelsea are already casting around for a replacement.

Oh Terry. :lol

Suen

Guardiola should make an offer for Bale just so he could stick it to Madrid.
I can see this happening. Ignoring the Madrid-hate above I think we really need a player like Bale because most of our current ones have not been producing the results we need for a good while now. So either they get in shape and start performing better or we need to look for better alternatives. Honestly, if Spurs manage to qualify for CL I'd love to see him play there than anywhere else just to see how far they can make it, much like the situation between Falcao and Atletico Madrid, but I would lie if I said that he isn't a tempting addition to the Madrid squad (at least when compared to the current wingers).

dc89

Browsing downloadable games on my Xbox and I go to the sale section.

"HUGE DISCOUNTS"

Tomb Raider Legend: £19.99

Go home Microsoft, you're drunk.

panty

Ah, the Real hate/rage is alive and well I see.

It's going to be a difficult match and all eyes will be on Ronnie once again. Fucking hell our other players should step up to the challenge more often, excluding Özil who is god tier.

Kaka to start ahead of Di Maria? That lazy ass slowpoke will be eaten.

Salazar

Cabaye seems like the perfect replacement for Carrick, doesnt he? Except he is not as physically strong as him but he definitely has the range of passing.

He ain't got no muscle or height.

Carrick replacement needs one or (if we're lucky) both of those.

United fans should sing Viva Ronaldo for like 30 minutes up until the game starts to get Ronaldo emotional so he can be put in the wrong state of mind.

in6sxxRVWlW9X.gif

pappe

United fans should sing Viva Ronaldo for like 30 minutes up until the game starts to get Ronaldo emotional so he can be put in the wrong state of mind.

Ronaldo will get such an ovation that will make him too emotional to play and he will walk off and then after the match he will pay the 55mil that Real are asking for all from his pocket and join United.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Banned paper so probably 98% bullshit, but dammit we need a "being Chelsea".

Oh Terry. :lol

The proper papers are reporting this too, seems legit. Chelsea do this every season, lose a game in February/March and then the old wankers in the team start getting uppity and turf the manger out. I expect Roman will stop by the training ground to lay down the law soon.

The proper papers are reporting this too, seems legit. Chelsea do this every season, lose a game in February/March and then the old wankers in the team start getting uppity and turf the manger out. I expect Roman will stop by the training ground to lay down the law soon.

They should never have hired Rafa in the first place. Don't think we'd be doing nearly so badly if they had left RDM in charge. We might have been out of the title race but not drifting off in 4th.
As much as I want us to do well, to win every match, to put decent performances out, I am hoping that this period of shittyness ("transition period" is such a crap phrase no self respecting team would ever use) will make it clear to those at the top we need stability in the manager and to back them. Torres has to go and we need a proper replacement or even two. Its clear as day that our tactics don't work with the players we have.

sohois

They should never have hired Rafa in the first place. Don't think we'd be doing nearly so badly if they had left RDM in charge. We might have been out of the title race but not drifting off in 4th.
As much as I want us to do well, to win every match, to put decent performances out, I am hoping that this period of shittyness ("transition period" is such a crap phrase no self respecting team would ever use) will make it clear to those at the top we need stability in the manager and to back them. Torres has to go and we need a proper replacement or even two. Its clear as day that our tactics don't work with the players we have.

People, Chelsea fans in particular, seem to forget or just gloss over how weak of a manager RDM was. He did worse than AVB, leading the team to 5th in the league and despite another big investment in the team contrived to exit Chelsea from the CL group stages. Whilst his sacking produced a huge amount of unnecessary turmoil (and continues to do so) I have little doubt that RDM would also be in a scrap for CL places were he still manager.

People, Chelsea fans in particular, seem to forget or just gloss over how weak of a manager RDM was. He did worse than AVB, leading the team to 5th in the league and despite another big investment in the team contrived to exit Chelsea from the CL group stages. Whilst his sacking produced a huge amount of unnecessary turmoil (and continues to do so) I have little doubt that RDM would also be in a scrap for CL places were he still manager.

We finished 6th, but he bet the house on winning the champions league and he did it. The CL exit was shitty and we should never have dropped the two goals at Stamford Bridge against Juventus like we did (thanks Mikel). Im not trying to gloss over how we were doing under RDM, if I was i'd have said we were challenging for the title, but the players clearly don't like playing at Stamford Bridge which is because of the atmosphere and it was not like that when RDM was manager.

Suen

Ah, the Real hate/rage is alive and well I see.

It's going to be a difficult match and all eyes will be on Ronnie once again. Fucking hell our other players should step up to the challenge more often, excluding Özil who is god tier.

Kaka to start ahead of Di Maria? That lazy ass slowpoke will be eaten.
Özil needs to learn how to shoot.

No one is forgetting RDM not being the best manager in the world, but at least he had the support of the players and supporters which can go a long way. The CL exit was unacceptable but the team at least got their points in the league, under the interim manager the whole team has fallen apart, if this would have happened under RDM is all guessing games, I doubt it would have gone nearly as bad.

Talking about RDM league form last season is silly though, he did fine but eventually started focusing on CL and FA cup which he both won.

Clegg

Its being reported that United's new training kit sponsor will be Qatar Airways and the deal will be worth £100m over 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom