• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
No way this happens. Maybe Modrić plus 35 or even 40. Levy isn't going to take back a player he sold you at anything but an extremely reduced price.

Fine, Tottenham can have Kaká + 5 millions for Bale, and Levy can deal with it.

ricardo+kaka+2.jpg

Fry

I don't see Bale going to Chelsea or even City. I think he'll aim higher than that. And considering the hug he gave AVB, he'd have the respect of not going to a rival team.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not sure why we are targeting Cabaye when we have big problems else where. Our midfield is the least of our problems. We should be targeting Mignolet, Jovetic, Subotic and Gonalons/Bender/Gustavo/Capoue

They are the 4 players that I really want us to sign.

GorillaJu

^^ hahahaha

I'm not sure why we are targeting Cabaye when we have big problems else where. Our midfield is the least of our problems. We should be targeting Mignolet, Jovetic, Subotic and Gonalons/Bender/Gustavo/Capoue

They are the 4 players that I really want us to sign.

I honestly think Cabaye is better than any if Bender, Gustavo and Capoue. Haven't seen enough/any of Gonalons.

Sissoko would have been the best option IMO. Really fantastic signing for Newcastle.

And I'd be happy if Liverpool considered a replacement keeper this summer as well. Mignolet is possibly the PL's best keeper, so I imagine any number of clubs would vie for his signature.

Koko

Banned
^^ hahahaha

I honestly think Cabaye is better than any if Bender, Gustavo and Capoue. Haven't seen enough/any of Gonalons.

Sissoko would have been the best option IMO. Really fantastic signing for Newcastle.

And I'd be happy if Liverpool considered a replacement keeper this summer as well. Mignolet is possibly the PL's best keeper, so I imagine any number of clubs would vie for his signature.

Gonalons is amazing, and would be perfect for Arsenal considering that they more a DM than a player like Cabaye. Capoue is probably going to PSG.

Lightning

Banned

For the price that was paid Sissoko has given me some crow. I hate him for that lol

I honesty think though that signing those players which should cost in the region of 70-90mil will go a long way in redoing our squad. Player sales of the crap who aren't good enough will help soften the blow a little bit. Szczesny, Gervinho, Coq and one of Mertesacker/Vermaelen/Kos who have had enough chances and that will help with some of the funds although with the likes of Arshavin, Squallaci etc who will be off contract so no more big wages. It's very doable and is what's needed to happen imo.

Gonalons is amazing, and would be perfect for Arsenal considering that they more a DM than a player like Cabaye. Capoue is probably going to PSG.
Also more cost effective, Wenger has an excellent relationship with Lyon, and we've been linked with him quite a bit. He would be great at Arsenal, most welcome.

GorillaJu

I don't think Wenger will ever buy a pure DM. the most realistic he'd ever go is someone like a Lucas or Javi Garcia – players who basically screen the back line and stay on their feet, moving between the base of midfield and covering for fullbacks. The key being that they're also very good passers, who can push the ball forward. Not really holding or defensive midfielders.

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Wenger will ever buy a pure DM. the most realistic he'd ever go is someone like a Lucas or Javi Garcia – players who basically screen the back line and stay on their feet, moving between the base of midfield and covering for fullbacks. The key being that they're also very good passers, who can push the ball forward. Not really holding or defensive midfielders.
He made a bid for Capoue that was rejected because we acted too late and Tou weren't prepared to lose another midfielder had already lost Sissoko to Newcastle but the fact that he made the bid would be a sign that he is getting his shit together and realizing that Arteta's doing the best he can, but not his best position, and our back 4 are horribly exposed as a result.

Diaby is another player that has failed to grasp his numerous chances and needs to go.

Lightning

Banned
I may be a bit optimsitic but Wenger is changing for the better. The fact that he lost patience with Santos so quickly is a positive sign for Arsenal. Wenger wasn't prepared to give Santos anymore chances, the minute Gibbs got injured he brought in Monreal and loaned out Santos despite Santos only being with us 1 and a half years. Gervinho after his mistakes is now basically being pushed out of the club as well so there are positive signs that Wenger may do what must be done with these players.

You can also see Wenger's faith in Giroud is very small. Giroud being dropped for the Bayern game was very telling, Wenger never does that to players he trusts. We will be buying a CF in the summer, there is no doubt about that and we will be buying a defensive/holding midfielder too.

GorillaJu

Based on?

Based on the abhorable tendency for Real and their fans to think they deserve every player under the sun who made headlines in any given week. Marca is like your Strootman posts or dc89s Sheik phone-calls but they're actually serious.

Not only that but it goes on All. Year. Long. "Enjoy X player while you have him he's ours in the summer." "We'll get him for a good price because we're Real and everyone wants to play for us."

Salazar can back me up here.

Blablurn

It's a slow day so far. Since my gf is arriving at 10:30pm tonight I'm still all by myself over here. Just went out to get some food

1djqxu.jpg

On the right Kung Pao Chicken and on the left some takoyaki which the people from japan might know. it's pretty nice.

20jp9q.jpg

the look from our dorm. it's no hotel and not the hottest place on earth but dont forget: i'm also still just a student. But it's always nice to be here since I still know some people from the days when I was studying here. It's pretty calm outside since most of the people are still in their spring festival holidays. some shops are open and most of the students will arrive throughout the week.

Based on the abhorable tendency for Real and their fans to think they deserve every player under the sun who made headlines in any given week. Marca is like your Strootman posts or dc89s Sheik phone-calls but they're actually serious.

Not only that but it goes on All. Year. Long. "Enjoy X player while you have him he's ours in the summer." "We'll get him for a good price because we're Real and everyone wants to play for us."

:lol fair one

Agreed. Fuck Madrid.

Lightning

Banned

Barcelona do this too. I hate Barca for it.

pappe

Cabaye seems like the perfect replacement for Carrick, doesnt he? Except he is not as physically strong as him but he definitely has the range of passing.

Also, Fuck Madrid. Give us Cr7 back. You have ruined him enough already.

^^Dat envy.

The Barca supporters and even just the sympathizers constantly talking about their "right way" alone is reason enough to want any teams to beat them, truly the most unbearable around. Hell I was even cheering for Inter that year, LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE MADE ME BECOME BARCA.

Salazar

Yeap, fuck Madrid.

Parasitical, self-mythologising twat-caravan of a club, jammed to overflowing with squabbling man-children and blissfully inane twaddle about honour and tradition and some kind of ethos.

And they play in a bent league. Which they rob, annually and without a shade of compunction.

FootballFan

The Barca supporters and even just the sympathizers constantly talking about their "right way" alone is reason enough to want any teams to beat them, truly the most unbearable around. Hell I was even cheering for Inter that year, LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE MADE ME BECOME BARCA.

That is the power of Barca. More than a club, we make animals out of football fans, forcing them to cheer for INTER.

sohois

It's a slow day so far. Since my gf is arriving at 10:30pm tonight I'm still all by myself over here. Just went out to get some food

http://www.abload.de/img/1djqxu.jpg[IMG]

On the right Kung Pao Chicken and on the left some takoyaki which the people from japan might know. it's pretty nice.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/20jp9q.jpg[IMG]

the look from our dorm. it's no hotel and not the hottest place on earth but dont forget: i'm also still just a student. But it's always nice to be here since I still know some people from the days when I was studying here. It's pretty calm outside since most of the people are still in their spring festival holidays. some shops are open and most of the students will arrive throughout the week.[/QUOTE]

Is that familymart kung pao chicken? Weren't there any real places to get it or is it just some deceptive packaging?

Also I'm surprised people are still away for Spring festival since all the schools have started back up again, or at least the ones here have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom