• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

By the way, did AVB called Bale 'Gaz' in his post match Sky interview or was I hearing things? lol

Banned paper so probably 98% bullshit, but dammit we need a "being Chelsea".
Oh Terry. :lol
Just give him the fucking manager's job already. Benitez shouldn't have gone there other than for the money. He should have waited a week and gone for the Valencia job instead.

Maradona : "I'm the best player of all time. Messi is great, but he didn't see the ball against Milan. Pele? He just says stupid things."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Said at the time Samba was a fucking bad buy! Overpriced, massive wages and not the player to help them.

Remember the days when we were linked to Andy Johnson every window....

£100,000 a week he's on, isn't it?

Clegg

Anyone else excited for Bioshock Infinite?

The original Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen and the setting for Infinite intrigues me. But then you hear about all the stuff thats been cut from the game and its various developmental problems. It worries me a bit.

The original Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen and the setting for Infinite intrigues me. But then you hear about all the stuff thats been cut from the game and its various developmental problems. It worries me a bit.
Yeah same. I just hope it will deliver.

Will wait for impressions/reviews. Maybe a price drop too :p

GorillaJu

I'm slightly less amped for Bioshock Infinite than I was for Dishonored. Dishonored satisfied that craving for a good first person narrative game, but I'll definitely buy BI on release.

3 games without a goal.

Sell him!!

But seriously, he hasn't been as clinical in front of goal as he usually is.
He had bad missed against Everton, Real and QPR. The QPR one wasn't bad actually but he should have scored.

He just isn't the same player he was at Arsenal. I've watched United matches this season in which you could pretty much count the number of touches he's had on one hand. It's quite sad.
He doesn't need to do all of the work here. Hes happier.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP scored 19 out of United's 64 goals in the league. Hardly a one-man team.

Edit: 3/7 in Europe. 0/6 in the league cup.

Clegg

He just isn't the same player he was at Arsenal. I've watched United matches this season in which you could pretty much count the number of touches he's had on one hand. It's quite sad.

Thats because Arsenal was built around Van Persie. United have a much better team than last seasons Arsenal and we have other players that can take up the slack if RVP isn't playing well.

eg if Rooney was playing up front he'd score as many as Van Persie etc etc

fuenf

Does anyone else wish that EVE Online looked fun to play? Everything about the upgrade, inventory, economy and corporation systems sounds fantastic

Yeah kinda, I never played EVE but even I followed the big war that was going on a few years back. The game looks and sounds amazing, but I vowed to never play a MMORPG again anyway.

Hindle

Banned
Bale should get the ballon dor next year if he keeps playing like this.

It's just a shame he wont be at the WC, so he could show the world how good he is.

Play Baines there and Andy Cole at LB. Has Baines ever been tried as a LW?

Andy Cole? :p

And I don't think Baines would be nearly as effective if he was the focus on the wing, rather than the guy who pops up in positions that can't really be prepared for properly.

Baines should be starting at LB anyway. Easily.

fuenf

If he keeps the consistency then why not?

First of all it's nearly impossible to keep things up at that level and he's still just a Tottenham player. There's no reason to give it to him other than not giving it to Messi (or CR7 for that matter). If both Messi and CR7 crash out of the CL this season, he could be a long shot but would still need a spectactular Tottenham finish (like winning the PL..).

In general I just find it funny how overhyped UK players are. Bale is a great player but according to the english media he's already better than Cristiano and worth £80m.

I'm not even sure if I would take him over Reus or Götze.

Damn a lot of birthdays today... OGS turns 40, it's also RM Pepe's b-day.

What better way for Pepe to celebrate this joyous occasion than with the feeling of a bone crunching underfoot?

Bale was actually eligible to play for England through his grandmother. The stupid FA let him slide through the net.

Shame, but he seems pretty loyal to Wales. More than Ryan 'fuck friendlies, then Imogen, then more friendlies, then my brother's wife, then another friendly' Giggs anyway :p

dc89

Why not start a PS4 fund instead? Or are you desperate to buy a Wii U before it's discontinued, as a collector's item?

Well I had this with Kyoufu on Twitter. I'll eat my hat if it ships in Europe before Christmas. Usually they delay the hardware European release, hence the DelayStation 3 nickname.

Personally, I hope they can launch it on time here, but I do think it will be March 2014. Sadly. Which gives me 12 months to save up :p

Anyone else excited for Bioshock Infinite?

Erm kinda yeah. I don't think it looks as cool as their original vision for the game but it may still be worth a play.

Hindle

Banned
First of all it's nearly impossible to keep things up at that level and he's still just a Tottenham player. There's no reason to give it to him other than not giving it to Messi (or CR7 for that matter). If both Messi and CR7 crash out of the CL this season, he could be a long shot but would still need a spectactular Tottenham finish (like winning the PL..).

In general I just find it funny how overhyped UK players are. Bale is a great player but according to the english media he's already better than Cristiano and worth £80m.

Well when you put it that way lol.

Well I had this with Kyoufu on Twitter. I'll eat my hat if it ships in Europe before Christmas. Usually they delay the hardware European release, hence the DelayStation 3 nickname.

Personally, I hope they can launch it on time here, but I do think it will be March 2014. Sadly. Which gives me 12 months to save up :p

Erm kinda yeah. I don't think it looks as cool as their original vision for the game but it may still be worth a play.

Look on the bright side, a 4 month late release will let you know if its dead on arrival well before you get the chance to blow £400+ on it :p

dc89

And if you sell your Vita you might be able to get an extra Dual Shock.

:lolol - Vita looks a cool accompaniment to PS4.

Look on the bright side, a 4 month late release will let you know if its dead on arrival well before you get the chance to blow £400+ on it :p

You know what... the WiiU owners trolling is going to be superb.
Every console goes through that post launch barren period where there are no new games.
Couple this with the whole backwards compatibility thing and we have a recipe for some amazing gaming threads and some hilarious bans.

:lolol - Vita looks a cool accompaniment to PS4.

You know what... the WiiU owners trolling is going to be superb.
Every console goes through that post launch barren period where there are no new games.
Couple this with the whole backwards compatibility thing and we have a recipe for some amazing gaming threads and some hilarious bans.

The PS4 will not fail nearly as badly as WiiU in the only area Sony cares about, no matter how many threads are made to whinge about the fact that they were unprepared to add £100 to the manafacturing cost for BC :p

I'm a little worried about this used game thing. Sony are being so vague about it, I'm expecting £10 activation codes for all games from major publishers

Scum

dc8.99, you're not getting that WiiU by throwing away the money you should be saving towards it. Or is this the Man City way?
zQZHyH5.png

And this "block out used games" crap doesn't want to go away whenever the next Xbox is concerned. I really want MS to do it though.

Reus or Götze don't ply their trade in the EPL, so that makes them shit. :<

Kyoufu

Personally, if used games are blocked but it ends up being region free then I would be happy. I only buy new games (even though I do borrow a game from friend sometimes).

It's a PR disaster though. I don't know why these companies think it'd go down well with consumers...

3Sixty

Where to put my money tonight....

Do I lump all my money on something like Over 1.5 or 2.5 in the Barca game. OR. Do I put say £5 on two singles say of the above and bank £20 in the WiiU fund.

Yeovil
Northampton
Sheff United

Treble to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom