• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Interesting thought behind Barcelona's lack of plan B during games where tiki taka don't work:

No doubt the lack of alternate plans is directly related to Messi; it started out when he didn't like tall strikers, and now he doesn't like any striker at all. His obsession for total control makes him come down to the center of the field to set up the pass only he himself could take advantage of

:lol, it's all I've got to say. Messi has turned into a right little diva.

pulga

Banned
The Madrid/Barca thing is the most tedious debate in this thread.

And we've had some shite spewed in the past.

Hilarious coming from a United fan. People don't call this UnitedOT for nothing.

I suppose you think your endless posts on possible MU formations are endearing.

Clegg

Hilarious coming from a United fan. People don't call this UnitedOT for nothing.

I suppose you think your endless posts on possible MU formations are endearing.

Oh course I don't.

However, the back and forth over who the biggest cunt is between Messi and Ronaldo has reached mind numbing levels of inanity that even the most depraved United fan has yet to reach.

pulga

Banned
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

images

Bo-Locks

The thread is full of United fans, but the Strootman/formations talk etc are laden with irony and the discussions are wide and varied.

Barca bitching after they get beat and the regular Real vs vs Barca cuntfests are just boring at this point.

pulga

Banned
Oh course I don't.

However, the back and forth over who the biggest cunt is between Messi and Ronaldo has reached mind numbing levels of inanity.

lol, I held back yesterday on the cuntish thing Messi did to a ref. If I can't smack talk on Clasico day, when the fuck can I? :LOL

Hixx

I would rather watch us for 6 hours straight than have to read another set of ironic fucking man united formation posts

dc PR > Madrid/Barca confirmed.

Madrid Barca debate is like two monkeys fighting with their feces as weapons, sometimes even hitting some of us other people in here.

Your PR posts is just a lone monkey once used for experiments playing with its own poop, no one actually pays attention to it anymore.

Hixx

Madrid Barca debate is like two monkeys fighting with their feces as weapons, sometimes even hitting some of us other people in here.

Your PR posts is just a lone monkey once used for experiments playing with its own poop, no one actually pays attention to it anymore.

I see dc posts as a monkey sitting in a corner having a wank rather than playing with poop

Tc91

I just did a showdown duel in Red Dead and I shot the gun out of his hand but after it said I committed a crime? Wtf?

confuziz

Banned
You've talked about this book a couple of times.

What is it?

It's a book by former PSV and Dutch international player René van der Gijp (probably doesn't ring a bell).

He had a huge amount of talent, but just gave zero fucks about the sport in general. He just wanted to make some money and spend it on hookers and all that. He is crazy, but knows a lot about the sport and how thinks really work at certain clubs. Nowadays he is a frequent guest on the most important football talkshow in the country.

The point is, he makes a lot of sense about how things work in the world. In the past, people could function just fine without the need of any help from shrinks or whatever. We have a word for everything these days. AD(H)D is just a word for a busy kid.

Managers are there to say things the footballers already know. Everyone knows for himself what he can do with a ball. Player A pass it to player B and player B scores. It's that simple. No need for 'tactical' talk, or act like certain managers are the 2nd son of God.

We make things more interesting than they are.

That book opened up my eyes, for sure.

Checked my FF team today. Got 30 points for bale and 6 points for Caulker. They saved my ass this time.
Stupid Bale sent Morsel right back up my ass.

I'm going to have to cut my losses and bring him in now. Can't risk it any longer.

RVP a problem for me. Don't think he will play on the weekend and isn't playing the week after either. If United get through in the CL then RVP will be used less and less in the PL I think.

jtb

Banned
It's a book by former PSV and Dutch international player René van der Gijp (probably doesn't ring a bell).

He had a huge amount of talent, but just gave zero fucks about the sport in general. He just wanted to make some money and spend it on hookers and all that. He is crazy, but knows a lot about the sport and how thinks really work at certain clubs. Nowadays he is a frequent guest on the most important football talkshow in the country.

The point is, he makes a lot of sense about how things work in the world. In the past, people could function just fine without the need of any help from shrinks or whatever. We have a word for everything these days. AD(H)D is just a word for a busy kid.

Managers are there to say things the footballers already know. Everyone knows for himself what he can do with a ball. Player A pass it to player B and player B scores. It's that simple. No need for 'tactical' talk, or act like certain managers are the 2nd son of God.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but I'll just say that that attitude about mental illness is one of the most ridiculous stances on anything and this stigma surrounding mental illness is incredibly damaging to society. /rant

So basically some random ex player (a very well educated group of people) who talks a lot of shit.

Clegg

But there are just as many books by ex-professionals that sing the praises of their former managers. Why take one book into account and ignore others?

Lazio President Lotito criticised the decision on Monday, noting “this was made looking at the short-term, but I prefer to look at the long-term effect.”

Zamparini took to Radio 2 to reply and stated: “I want to do everything in life, except take lessons from Lotito. That I can be sure of. How would I define him? Amusing.

ibgSG3AQsBLWz6.png

Koko

Banned
Fuck I'm going to miss at least the first half of the game :(

Oh well hoping for the best, but ready for the worse. Hala Madrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom