• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

dc8.99, you're not getting that WiiU by throwing away the money you should be saving towards it. Or is this the Man City way?
zQZHyH5.png

Heyyyyyyyy. After wasting like £40 betting I've finally managed to grow £5 to £35... wait...

Personally, if used games are blocked but it ends up being region free then I would be happy. I only buy new games (even though I do borrow a game from friend sometimes).

It's a PR disaster though. I don't know why these companies think it's go down well with consumers...

They all come a'knocking when this happens.

Scum

Personally, if used games are blocked but it ends up being region free then I would be happy. I only buy new games (even though I do borrow a game from friend sometimes).

It's a PR disaster though. I don't know why these companies think it's go down well with consumers...

I'm sensible, enough to shop around for new games at bloody good prices. Like any consumer, in any industry does. The games industry needs a proper tiered pricing structure in place though and that's why I want MS and/or Sony to adopt blocking out used games. I want to watch the world burn. :p

Salvadora

I don't think Microsoft would ban used games without getting big things in return from the big publishers. For the average Joe exclusive Call of Duty maps or something like that will matter the most.

Bumhead

Banned
A year ago today we played Sheffield United at Hillsborough, who were 5 points clear of us in second place with 2 games in hand. A week earlier we had lost to Chesterfield and United fans were saying it was "the derby they could afford to lose".

We won 1-0 and pipped them to second spot on the penultimate day of the season, securing promotion on the last day with them going on to lose in the play-offs despite finishing on a record equalling 90 points.

jones.png
megson.gif

Happy Mind the Gap Day.

cog-1_zpsdb4ccac8.jpeg

Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola used a private detective agency to keep tabs on his squad, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Newspaper El Confidencial claims Guardiola hired Método 3 to see what his players were up to away from the club. Among the firm’s targets was Gerard Pique, who came under surveillance after starting his relationship with pop star Shakira.

Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto’o also came under the watchful gaze of Pep’s spies.

The reports suggest Guardiola would also phone his players’ landlines to make sure they were at home at appropriate times.

A club source told El Confidencial: “He was obsessed with what the players did in their private lives and that they did not go out on the town because later they would not they perform on the pitch.”

But the spies were obviously not exactly super-sleuths. At one point Pique allegedly reported to Guardiola that he was being followed. The club told their centre-back that their enquiries had found that it was a gossip columnist who was trailing him.

AhVoKdr.png

Imagine the secrets this system will uncover about Ribery, I bet he has a lot dirtier stuff going on than fucking underage prostitutes.

Blackhead

Redarse
Bale should get the ballon dor next year if he keeps playing like this.

It's just a shame he wont be at the WC, so he could show the world how good he is.
Is it really impossible? Let's say Bale gets Spurs to second in EPL (only 5 points behind Man City, still plausible) and wins them the Europa League, then moves to Real/Barca before next season... there's no major men's international this summer. I mean Michael Owen won a ballon d'or and hell didn't freeze over...

Is it really impossible? Let's say Bale gets Spurs to second in EPL (only 5 points behind Man City, still plausible) and wins them the Europa League, then moves to Real/Barca before next season... there's no major men's international this summer. I mean Michael Owen won a ballon d'or and hell didn't freeze over...

Michael Owen wasn't playing in a era with the best player of all time, and another who is possibly top 5

-

“It seems he’s going to leave and it looks like he’s off to Paris St Germain... But I don't know" is what Ramon Calderon says in that interview they quoted as source... The way it's said too sounds like pure speculation and not like he has some insider info on him negotiating with them or anything. Typical press making a story out of nothing, taking quotes out of context.

Slizz

In American sports the team will just hire a whole staff to follow a troubled player around.... Results are inconclusive if that strategy actually works.

pulga

Banned
Crackòvia: Mou, res!
Old but still great lol

And lol @ that shitbag Undiano Mallenco that will be the ref tonight, well atleast Mou cant bitch about refs after they lose.

lol, ironic post is ironic.

Did you miss the part where Roura (and yourself) already came out crying about the referee?

Maradona : "I'm the best player of all time. Messi is great, but he didn't see the ball against Milan. Pele? He just says stupid things."

KuGsj.gif

PIBEEEEE! <3

Based on the abhorable tendency for Real and their fans to think they deserve every player under the sun who made headlines in any given week. Marca is like your Strootman posts or dc89s Sheik phone-calls but they're actually serious.

Not only that but it goes on All. Year. Long. "Enjoy X player while you have him he's ours in the summer." "We'll get him for a good price because we're Real and everyone wants to play for us."

Salazar can back me up here.

Agreed. Fuck Madrid.

Yeah fuck Madrid.

Fuck Real, except when they play against Barca.

HALA MADRID
HALAL SLAUGHTER BARCA

nom nom nom nom nom your hate sustains me

Tbh, I'm going to be rooting for Madrid against Barca :lol

I like Ronaldo and Ozil.

Nevermind, you're cool again.

Tc91

Red Dead is so awesome, catching bounties and taking them back to the sheriff is so cool.

Also I was walking outside the bar and some guy started threatening a woman with a knife. This game<3

Clegg

Ravel Morriso...oohh.

It's basically the same story though. United let go of Morrison when they couldn't accept his behaviour any longer.

And you're always going to try that bit harder when you're dealing with a gifted academy player who's been with the club since he was a kid.

You mean the era of Zidane, Ronaldo and Rivaldo?

Without checking, I assume that the season Owen won it was a particularly disappointing one for Zidane and Ronaldo, and probably Rivaldo, Figo, Nedved, Heskey, Henry and even Shearer.

It was a freak occurence born of hype and performances on the big stage, with the overall year being essentially ignored. The chances of both Messi and Ronaldo having a poor enough season for Bale to be a candidate are nearly zero imo

Clegg

So Watch Dogs is being developed for next gen consoles and will then be ported over to PS3/360/Wii U?

Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 when it comes out.

So Watch Dogs is being developed for next gen consoles and will then be ported over to PS3/360/Wii U?

Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 when it comes out.

Yep. That news made me very excited for the PS4 version since it won't be an up-port, but a bit worried for the systems with decrepid tech like the the PS3 and WiiU

Blackhead

Redarse
Without checking, I assume that the season Owen won it was a particularly disappointing one for Zidane and Ronaldo, and probably Rivaldo, Figo, Nedved, Heskey, Henry and even Shearer.

It was a freak occurence born of hype and performances on the big stage, with the overall year being essentially ignored. The chances of both Messi and Ronaldo having a poor enough season for Bale to be a candidate are nearly zero imo
Bingo, Bale could win by a freak occurrence too. If Real knocks Barca out today and then both are knocked out of the CL in the following weeks then those teams' seasons are essentially over. Let's say Dortmund wins the CL (team effort) and Spurs wins the Europa League (Bale superhero). Votes start getting split and it becomes about hype.

That same year that Owen won it, Zidane was named Italian player of the year. Raul guided Madrid to the La Liga title (Ronaldo was injured). There was no major international tournament.

I'm not saying Bale would even deserve it. Then again, I think Sneidjer was robbed in '10 so what do I know *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom